PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• pernes
    pernes Posts: 270
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, I have downloaded the title documents from LR which is great. However I now need to obtain a copy of a lease for one property and a copy of a freehold transfer for an other. The first is straight forward as just one title number to refer to.

However the second one is a garage leasehold that was transferred out of the freehold to another freehold. So what title number do I use to get a copy of the transfer? Is it the original one against the lease or the new freehold title?

Then the next problem is I need copies by Friday and on the LR site you can't download them. Can anyone recommend one of the organisations that unfortunately charge more but can get them to me quickly?

Thanks
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Best bet is tht the transfer will be lodged aainst the new freehold title.

I'm not familiar with the private sites that [STRIKE]rip people off by[/STRIKE] provide LR documents, but doubt if they hold copies. They'll have to apply to the LR just as you would.

I may be wrong though.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,755
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Organisation Representative
    someboody wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out the contact details of the owner of a property and want to find out whether the owner will be informed that I conducted a search on his/her property?

At the moment, I'd like to stay anonymous and don't want to alert the owner that a search has been conducted on his/her property for fear that the owner may try to abscond as I need to serve legal documents to the owner.

Bearing this in mind, is it possible to pay the £3 to get a copy of the title register for that property without the owner being informed?

Would really appreciate if anyone knowledgeable could kindly advise me on this.

Many thanks :)

The owner is not informed when you search online
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    edited 12 October 2017 at 5:35AM
    pernes wrote: »
    Hi, I have downloaded the title documents from LR which is great. However I now need to obtain a copy of a lease for one property and a copy of a freehold transfer for an other. The first is straight forward as just one title number to refer to.

However the second one is a garage leasehold that was transferred out of the freehold to another freehold. So what title number do I use to get a copy of the transfer? Is it the original one against the lease or the new freehold title?

Then the next problem is I need copies by Friday and on the LR site you can't download them. Can anyone recommend one of the organisations that unfortunately charge more but can get them to me quickly?

Thanks

Only the register and title plan are available online. Leases and other deeds can be applied for by post

The key to requesting any deed by post is knowing the date/details and relevant title number. If you know it resulted in a removal of the property from one title to another, and no new title was created, then it should be filed under that later title.

You won't get it by post by Friday and I suspect you would have had to apply as early as last week to do so.

A third party website of the sort you refer to will be using our online services and can request a copy that way and obtain a copy electronically. If it is a fairly recent transfer, and therefore scanned in our systems, and the request is accurate re what you want then they may just get it in time but the odds are slight.

If it's referred to on the register as filed then the odds are better but all a Q of how quickly they apply and how quickly they then supply it to you. If it is filed and scanned in this way by us then their download should be instant. The same would apply for any user of our business e-services i.e. A conveyancer
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi Land Registry

A fairly simple question but I want to make sure I get it right :). I got married last year however have only now decided to change my name. I own a property in my name only and I have changed my name with my mortgage provider however I want to change it with yourselves. Am I right in thinking I need to fill in an AP1 form and send you an original/certified copy of the marriage certificate? Is there anything else I need to do and also, is there any cost associated with this?

Many thanks
  • The owner is not informed when you search online
    G_M wrote: »
    The owner will not be informed if you download the Title documents from the LR for £3.

Whether the address provided for him is actual address is not guaranteed. I assume he is not resident at the property - Many peple fail to notfy the LR of their address when they move out of their property.
    Thanks guys. I also emailed the Land Registry to confirm, and they have also stated this (except for limited circumstances which doesn't apply to me)

And yep, I'm aware it may not be up-to-date, but it's better than having nothing to work from for me. :)

Cheers
  • Land_Registry
    whizzybee wrote: »
    Hi Land Registry

A fairly simple question but I want to make sure I get it right :). I got married last year however have only now decided to change my name. I own a property in my name only and I have changed my name with my mortgage provider however I want to change it with yourselves. Am I right in thinking I need to fill in an AP1 form and send you an original/certified copy of the marriage certificate? Is there anything else I need to do and also, is there any cost associated with this?

Many thanks

All correct and no fee
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439
    Forumite
    Many thanks - nothing leaps out at me from our records but without the email address/name used I can't pinpoint with any accuracy.

Can you email customer.service again please and let me know once done - I can then spot and pick it up and run some additional checks. Apologies but hopefully you won't mind
    I've had an email from land registry this morning - thank you for that. I've tried to respond but it keeps bouncing back.

I've been copied into an email between solicitors which contradicts your email. The email says land registry have turned down the neighbours latest application and are now serving notices. Can you please advise if this is correct, and if so which property the notice is being served to? I was under the impression that the neighbour has now exhausted all avenues, but it still seems to be going back and forth.

Thank you.
  • Land_Registry
    I've had an email from land registry this morning - thank you for that. I've tried to respond but it keeps bouncing back.

I've been copied into an email between solicitors which contradicts your email. The email says land registry have turned down the neighbours latest application and are now serving notices. Can you please advise if this is correct, and if so which property the notice is being served to? I was under the impression that the neighbour has now exhausted all avenues, but it still seems to be going back and forth.

Thank you.

You emailed again and we have replied to that. the application is still live and we may serve notices. That decision has yet to be made as we await the applicant's confirmation as to how they wish to proceed in light of our response to date.

We can't manage how solicitors might correspond with one another or go into specific details with anyone other than the applicant here.

If we do serve notices then it would be on the affected neighbouring landowner.
  • Bear with me, this will sound really woolly! We are in the process of purchasing a property with a 'joint access' alleyway between two modern terraces (built circa 1997). Our title plan has two parts, one showing the boundary as an aerial view would do and another showing a more zoomed-in detailed boundary plan with the joint access alley shown using hatched blue lines. The red line for the property we are purchasing runs along but not around/inclusive of the alley. I queried who owned the alley with the solicitors but I don't think they know what I'm getting at. I want to know if the neighbours own it and we just have RoA or if it's something different.

I went onto the Land Registry website to download the neighbour's title plan and it only shows one view - the aerial one - instead of two, like our 'zoomed in' version which shows specifically the alley. How do I find out if the neighbours actually own the alley and we just have RoA or if it is something different? Excuse my lack of knowledge, we are FTB.

TIA.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure