Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2017 at 5:20PM
    You made that bit up didn't you?!

Their RS is always be like this.
    "As this is a regular saver you must pay in the same amount on the same day each month"

The above term written in i2 ans i3. You could still find the above term mentioned on Reg Saver i3 which is still active.

But I just had a look on the summary for Regular Saver for existing members this has not been made clear.It might be worthy asking them.
  • Has anyone received their maturity letter for the Virgin Regular Saver that matures 20/10/2017?

I know it states that they will write with your options, but other companies send out their letters about 3 weeks to a month in advance and the maturity date is a fortnight from today. I'm only asking as my post seems to be delayed being delivered recently as can be 3 weeks from date of post.

Not a letter, but e-mail received giving basic details....

YOUR REGULAR E-SAVER MATURES ON FRIDAY 20 OCTOBER 2017
    Thank you for saving in your Regular E-Saver which matures on 20 October 2017. When this product matures, we will transfer your savings to our Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 account, which pays a variable interest rate of 1.00% Gross‡/AER†. This account is available exclusively to maturing Regular E-Saver customers.

The Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 gives you easy access to your savings anytime and you can deposit additional money up to £250,000. Ideal if you don't want to lock your money away.
    Or if you decide the Easy Access E-Saver Reward is not right for you, you can move your savings to another Virgin Money savings product. For our current range, including our new Regular Saver accounts, and for more details please visit virginmoney.com or call us on 0345 600 7301. Your existing Terms and Conditions will still apply.

For more details on the Easy Access E-Saver Reward, see the Key product information sheet.

or you could always just transfer out to your nominated account which they seem to have forgotten to mention ;)
  • Not a letter, but e-mail received giving basic details....

YOUR REGULAR E-SAVER MATURES ON FRIDAY 20 OCTOBER 2017
    Thank you for saving in your Regular E-Saver which matures on 20 October 2017. When this product matures, we will transfer your savings to our Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 account, which pays a variable interest rate of 1.00% Gross‡/AER†. This account is available exclusively to maturing Regular E-Saver customers.

The Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 gives you easy access to your savings anytime and you can deposit additional money up to £250,000. Ideal if you don't want to lock your money away.
    Or if you decide the Easy Access E-Saver Reward is not right for you, you can move your savings to another Virgin Money savings product. For our current range, including our new Regular Saver accounts, and for more details please visit virginmoney.com or call us on 0345 600 7301. Your existing Terms and Conditions will still apply.

For more details on the Easy Access E-Saver Reward, see the Key product information sheet.

or you could always just transfer out to your nominated account which they seem to have forgotten to mention ;)

When does interest get added? The original info said annual interest got credited on 11 March, and sure enough interest was credited on 11/03/17. Will closing interest be added on maturity? Or do we have to wait until 10/03/18 when it will be added to the maturity account, unless it is closed before then. Original info lacked detail.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Or you could just close it and take the interest now instead of waiting until March, particularly in the case of the Issue 4 which matures 20/04/18
  • adindas
    When does interest get added? The original info said annual interest got credited on 11 March, and sure enough interest was credited on 11/03/17. Will closing interest be added on maturity? Or do we have to wait until 10/03/18 when it will be added to the maturity account, unless it is closed before then. Original info lacked detail.

As far as I am aware, the info sofar is only speculation. None has got a definitive answer in writing directly from virgin money. Who wanted to TOFTT asking them in writing ???

Next time I think for Regular eSaver it is better to ask the interest to be added monthly.
  • adindas

. When this product matures, we will transfer your savings to our Easy Access E-Saver Reward Issue 10 account, which pays a variable interest rate of 1.00% Gross‡/AER†.

Good news then. Apart from Ulster Bank which ic paying 1.25%. This is one of the best in this kind of accounts (apart from . Good to have at least one of this account as it could be used as a temporary container for RSA while wasting allocation to a higher interest rate.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    adindas wrote: »
    Good news then. Apart from Ulster Bank which ic paying 1.25%. This is one of the best in this kind of accounts (apart from . Good to have at least one of this account as it could be used as a temporary container for RSA while wasting allocation to a higher interest rate.

will be transferring the money to my Ford 1.17% instant access Flexible Saver account until I can find a home for it.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Speculator wrote: »
    will be transferring the money to my Ford 1.17% instant access Flexible Saver account until I can find a home for it.

Mine goes into my 1.25% Ulster e-saver which works like greased lightning.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Speculator wrote: »

I have a high risk, high return strategy - mine goes into my RCI 1.3% instant access Freedom account until the next decent RS comes along. :tongue:
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • When does interest get added? The original info said annual interest got credited on 11 March, and sure enough interest was credited on 11/03/17. Will closing interest be added on maturity? Or do we have to wait until 10/03/18 when it will be added to the maturity account, unless it is closed before then. Original info lacked detail.
    adindas wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, the info sofar is only speculation. None has got a definitive answer in writing directly from virgin money. Who wanted to TOFTT asking them in writing ???

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71381263&postcount=4454

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73133293&postcount=6277

Not sure if this is conclusive, but its as far as I've got.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure