WE JUST WANT TO MOVE!!! Help

Hello, recently me and our partner bought a brand new home in Belfast. As we are both young first time buyers with a big deposit we were flying through the process.

We have our offer and we’re told the paperwork is all ready to be signed then we arranged to go meet the solicitor to discuss a completion date. On the morning we were meant to go see them we got an email saying that an issue has risen in relation to the NHBC insurance. We took it on the chin and thought it would be resolved soon. Nearly a month later we haven’t heard a peep and every time I try to phone the solicitor or estate agent they dilly dally on the phone and don’t give me any answers.

We’re currently living out of 1 bedroom at my partners parents house with everything packed ready to go but we have no idea how long this will take to be resolved. We have no idea who’s responsible for the insurance or how long it takes to get cover. But as it stands we feel like we were at the finish line now we’re living week to week just waiting for an email. Does anyone have any information or advice? Thank you.

Comments

• gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Try asking on the house buying and selling board which can be found at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
  • Jammezz wrote: »
    Hello, recently me and our partner bought a brand new home in Belfast. As we are both young first time buyers with a big deposit we were flying through the process.

We have our offer and we’re told the paperwork is all ready to be signed then we arranged to go meet the solicitor to discuss a completion date. On the morning we were meant to go see them we got an email saying that an issue has risen in relation to the NHBC insurance. We took it on the chin and thought it would be resolved soon. Nearly a month later we haven’t heard a peep and every time I try to phone the solicitor or estate agent they dilly dally on the phone and don’t give me any answers.

We’re currently living out of 1 bedroom at my partners parents house with everything packed ready to go but we have no idea how long this will take to be resolved. We have no idea who’s responsible for the insurance or how long it takes to get cover. But as it stands we feel like we were at the finish line now we’re living week to week just waiting for an email. Does anyone have any information or advice? Thank you.

If you are unable to contact your solicitor, or they are 'dilly dallying' as you put it,, instruct a new one ; one who is prepared to also look into the conduct of the existing solicitor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure