Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Siobhan7
    • By Siobhan7 14th Sep 19, 10:58 AM
    • 39Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Siobhan7
    Need to cancel Virgin due to house move...
    • 14th Sep 19, 10:58 AM
    Need to cancel Virgin due to house move... 14th Sep 19 at 10:58 AM
    Hi all
    We are due to move house soon and where we are going, thereís no Virgin Media and itís not cabled so we are unable to carry on with our contract.

We upgraded our package in May (we had no idea at the time we would be moving - our landlord wants to sell!) but when we upgraded, our contract was renewed so we are tied to a contract until May.

My question is, is there absolutely ANYthing we can do to get out of paying the fee for cancelling amongst any other fees they will inevitably throw on top?

I lost my job last month on top of just being discharged from bankruptcy so I really canít be in debt again. Thereís no way I could afford all these fees. Itís not our fault we have to move and itís also not our fault thereís no cable in the area

Thanks all.
Page 1
    • wongataa
    • By wongataa 14th Sep 19, 4:20 PM
    • 1,812 Posts
    • 1,197 Thanks
    wongataa
    • 14th Sep 19, 4:20 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 4:20 PM
    All you can do is explain the situation to Virgin and hope they will not charge you too much.
    • Siobhan7
    • By Siobhan7 14th Sep 19, 4:38 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Siobhan7
    • 14th Sep 19, 4:38 PM
    • 14th Sep 19, 4:38 PM
    Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

541Posts Today

6,117Users online

Martin's Twitter