Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thecatizzle
    • By thecatizzle 22nd Jun 19, 9:14 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 3Thanks
    thecatizzle
    Pass Plus / Advanced driving in Belfast?
    • 22nd Jun 19, 9:14 PM
    Pass Plus / Advanced driving in Belfast? 22nd Jun 19 at 9:14 PM
    Hi there, does anyone know of any pass plus or advanced driving courses or instructors who offer this available in Belfast?

I've just passed but I'm hoping to build up experience and hopefully reduce insurance (and potential accidents).

Seems very common in scotland, england, wales but can't find anything here via facebook or googling. The only option I've managed to find so far is IAM, (advanced driving) but they require that you do not have r plates, which obviously excludes me.

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 23rd Jun 19, 8:18 AM
    • 4,191 Posts
    • 2,264 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 23rd Jun 19, 8:18 AM
    • 23rd Jun 19, 8:18 AM
    Does not R plate restrict you to 45 mph.?

This I am sure would be a big disadvantage in advanced driving instruction
    • almillar
    • By almillar 24th Jun 19, 1:35 PM
    • 8,095 Posts
    • 3,350 Thanks
    almillar
    • 24th Jun 19, 1:35 PM
    • 24th Jun 19, 1:35 PM
    Yes, you can join a local IAM group and do a test through them. There's a Belfast and North Down group near you. Any advanced driving test (IAM or RoSPA) can't be done on R-Plates. You need to be able to demonstrate driving safely at 70mph, and that's simply not legal until you're off them!
    You've got a maximum of 1 year to wait to take the test, so you could join a group a bit in advance to get out for some runs and build up knowledge of the theory of it, to be ready for your test very soon after losing the plates.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,795Posts Today

7,559Users online

Martin's Twitter