Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 125Posts
    • 34Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 9:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 2
    • rogerhaworth
    • By rogerhaworth 21st Aug 17, 11:52 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rogerhaworth
    I think this company really supplies electricity!
    I became an Eversmart electricity customer yesterday. As their online portal isn't working yet I emailed them my opening meter reading and they emailed back acknowledging receipt. Today they took the first direct debit from my bank account. I checked with my previous supplier (Avro) who confirmed that they were aware that I had switched.

Eversmart's Fixed Smart Special tariff for electricity charges 11.71p per kWh inclusive of vat with no daily standing charge, no exit fee and the price guaranteed for 12 months!

For an average electricity user buying 3100 kWh per year this tariff is £89 cheaper than the cheapest tariff advertised for my address on Cheap Energy Club (Iresa).

How can Eversmart afford to be so cheap? Will it all end in tears like with GB Energy who recently went bust?
    Last edited by rogerhaworth; 04-09-2017 at 8:56 AM.
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 21st Aug 17, 12:27 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    There online quote system was a bit odd. I know my current fixed deal with my current supplier based on my EAC is £99 per month. They claimed a switch to their best fixed deal was £66 per month but saves me £56 per year! Something wrong with the maths or do they try and quote a low DD figure to get you in?
    • lycrawearer
    • By lycrawearer 23rd Aug 17, 6:07 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    lycrawearer
    Well it isn't looking too good with my switch either

Been corresponding with them by SMS as wanted to change the date of my DD ... which they happily changed for me.

When I asked if my scheduled switch was still happening tomorrow (as per the welcome pack), the response was less than positive.

Apparently (despite my emailed welcome pack showing the correct serial numbers and address) they have initiated the switch at the wrong address ?? Don't ask me how ..

Since the welcome email / pack I've had no correspondence from them all, and funnily enough noting from British Gas either regarding my departure from them.

Just great
    • Darkraven
    • By Darkraven 23rd Aug 17, 9:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Darkraven
    Been trying for 2 days to switch using their online service. I complete everything, and when I click on the "Switch me" button, absolutely nothing happens. I've tried different web browsers, but always the same problem.
    Reading the other reviews and from my experience, this seems to be a rather amateur setup, and I'll probably take my business elsewhere.
    • DiseasedBunny
    • By DiseasedBunny 23rd Aug 17, 10:47 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DiseasedBunny
    Well I have given them my initial reading, Sainsbury's energy has shut my account at their end, so looking forward to a cheap 12m electric! ����
    • blanik
    • By blanik 26th Aug 17, 5:08 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    blanik
    Website went through to the end, then came up with an error code. Phoned and switched there - he asked what the website offered - and then confirmed Fixed Smart Special was at 0p standing, 11.71p per KWH.

Offered a smart meter - I already have one ( we'll see if it keeps working!).

Received the welcome pack by e-mail.

Only slightly naughty thing is that the DD is taken 2 days after the start of the supply - so I'm paying in advance. But at that price I'm not complaining.
    Last edited by blanik; 26-08-2017 at 5:19 PM.
    • JamesH1978
    • By JamesH1978 27th Aug 17, 11:46 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JamesH1978
    Eversmart
    So far not the greatest Experience.

MSE showed me I would make a saving good enough for me so looking online and filled in all my details and it showing me total cost £19 pound a month. WOW i thought clicked switch me then got my pack and it put as electric only and pre pay and not DD.

So called them up and my price doubled right there. There call centre staff did what he could but I don't feel I saved a great deal not compared to MSE quoted me. I have emailed them and asked them to double check i am on the cheapest tariff.

We shall see if not I will switch again.

I am concerned about the smart meters if you google smart meter doubled my price I saw an new piece in the paper due to dimmer switches.

I have a dimmer switch so i will maybe not have a smart meter until I know it works
    • Charismac
    • By Charismac 28th Aug 17, 9:22 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Charismac
    It's a bit bizarre how many of you have had incorrect meter serial numbers isn't it?

Well I'm going to forge ahead and give it a go. I was with GB Energy and am trying to find something as close as possible to the 9.87p/kWh I've been paying until now.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that I've clicked 'switch me' and still not actually been given a kWh price just a figure that I would save with them. However, there are no exit fees or anything so I figure if it all goes wrong I'll switch back out!

Addition: Have just read the T&Cs and if I complete the next page I will authorise the switch so will call them to get rates first.
    Last edited by Charismac; 28-08-2017 at 9:32 PM.
    • blanik
    • By blanik 29th Aug 17, 5:44 AM
    • 107 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    blanik

The only thing I'm concerned about is that I've clicked 'switch me' and still not actually been given a kWh price just a figure that I would save with them....... so will call them to get rates first.
    Originally posted by Charismac
    As a test I picked 'I don't know' as my current supplier, and put in 1000KWH usage and it still came out with the 'Fixed Smart Special' and a £87.10 cost. Previously I had been told this web quote includes a £30 loyalty discount ( The T&C say £20! paid after 12m ), so that gives a pre-discount cost of £117.10 so it still looks like the rate is 11.71p with 0p standing charge.

This is the totally weird thing about the site that they don't display the unit price, I can only presume they are trying to make it look simple, and as a result are alienating people. ( Hope someone from their site is reading this ).
    • harefan
    • By harefan 29th Aug 17, 9:02 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harefan
    Last night, I tried to switch to Eversmart Energy online but it does not work and comes up with an unbelievably cheap price (no standing charge included), so I telephoned this morning before 9.00 am and had to wait a few minutes for a response. I was told that the website is still under construction and provides distorted quotes. The quote I was given on the telephone was more or less exactly the price given on CEC, so I have agreed to switch as it is a significant saving on what I am currently paying. We will see how it goes in the next few weeks. I have opted for paper bills as I was told there was no difference in price.
    • Charismac
    • By Charismac 29th Aug 17, 11:18 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Charismac
    I phoned them this morning and was offered 11.71 per kWh but with a daily standing charge. I mentioned that I thought there was a rate with no standing charge and was offered the 11.71 kWh with no standing charge! Apparently that deal is coming to an end. I've gone with it and the switch is planned for 19 Sept.
    • worriednewmum
    • By worriednewmum 30th Aug 17, 8:43 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    worriednewmum
    Only got as far as a quote
    Only got as far as getting a quote. MSE comparison said a possible saving of up to £96 a year but when I went through it all and saw the quote, not quite the case. I currently pay £10 a month on gas, this goes up to £30 maximum in winter. I pay £40 a month all year round on electricity (we have solar panels to help with costs) so at current rate I pay £50 a month for dual fuel with British Gas, this company quoted £118 a month! Won't bother.
    • misteralien
    • By misteralien 30th Aug 17, 11:18 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    misteralien
    Inadequate address finder
    I obtained some quotes and selected the one from Eversmart Energy. I clicked through to the website to make the switch from my current supplier npower. The screen for entering personal details included an address finder so I entered my postcode. While my street was there in the database, my house number and some other house numbers from my street were missing so it was not possible to select the correct address. I decided at this point to look elsewhere.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 30th Aug 17, 1:25 PM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 3,087 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Contacted Eversmart this morning to ask them to confirm the unit rate & standing charge for electric only (as they don't provide them on their website) and still waiting for a reply.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30į pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers. Inst Aug 2015.
    REUK Diverter, Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump, Kia Soul EV & 100% Green Electric Tariff.
    • ElwoodBlues
    • By ElwoodBlues 31st Aug 17, 11:26 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    ElwoodBlues
    Eversmart came up top of the list for me on CEC, but it says that I can't track the switch through CEC, and to do it manually on Eversmart's website. I've started doing it that way, but they don't appear to show any details of the tariff I'm signing up to (other than I'll pay £58 per month and it's their "fixed smart" tariff). Surely it must be a legal requirement to provide the rates of the tariff before signing?

Reading this thread it seems that they are/were offering a deal with no standing charge? Have I missed the boat on that one or is it worth phoning them to ask for it?

Also, I'm guessing from their name that they use smart meters? Is that a necessity, as I'd prefer to stay with a normal meter.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 31st Aug 17, 4:15 PM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 3,087 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Contacted Eversmart this morning to ask them to confirm the unit rate & standing charge for electric only (as they don't provide them on their website) and still waiting for a reply.
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    Stll not had a reply from Eversmart. Seems that they are not "transparent" as claimed on their website, as they don't display details of what the actual unit & standing charges are for their tariffs.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30į pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers. Inst Aug 2015.
    REUK Diverter, Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump, Kia Soul EV & 100% Green Electric Tariff.
    • Tim_Fox
    • By Tim_Fox 31st Aug 17, 4:29 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tim_Fox
    I emailed EverSmart yesterday asking for details of their "Fixed Smart" tariff and have just had a reply detailing their cheapest Direct Debit Tariff. I have copied the full email below:

Hi there, Below are the correct rates and our best current direct debit tariff. This has no exit fees, no minimum term and is fixed for 12 months.

Fixed Smart

Electricity Inc VAT

Standing Charge
    19.950p

Unit Rate
    11.710p

TCR
    14.059p

Gas Inc VAT

Standing Charge
    22.050p

Unit Rate
    2.730p

TCR
    3.374p

Thank you,

I did a cost comparison for 3700kWh of electricity against the EverSmart website.
    The EverSmart website suggested a cost of £39.68 per month (£476.08/yr).
    My calculation for the same 3700kWh based on the tariff details above gave a cost of £42.17 per month (£506.09/year).

The difference of £30 is due to the website including a 'discount'. This discount is applied after 12 months so if you leave within 12 months you do NOT get the £30 discount.
    I also come up with a different price, higher again, if I use the quoted TCR.....
    Be aware that the £30 discount will only be applied to DUAL fuel tariffs not a single tariff. The EverSmart web quotation is therefore NOT correct at this time (I have telephoned and confirmed this and said that the quoted pricing is misleading in this instance)
    Last edited by Tim_Fox; 31-08-2017 at 4:59 PM. Reason: Dual/single tariff information
    • Plymchick
    • By Plymchick 2nd Sep 17, 8:07 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Plymchick
    No Response
    I decided to switch to this company as the prices they showed would save me £10 a month compared to my current suppliers. I completed the details on the website and was told I would receive a welcome pack via my email on Wednesday 30th August. No email arrived so I contacted them via phone, waited 10 minutes for a answer and was told that they were experience a high volume of emails and that I would get my welcome pack by 5pm that day. I did not and still have not had one. I also tried to contact them by email via their website and still no response. Think I will try a different company!
    • ElwoodBlues
    • By ElwoodBlues 2nd Sep 17, 12:50 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    ElwoodBlues
    I decided to switch to this company as the prices they showed would save me £10 a month compared to my current suppliers. I completed the details on the website and was told I would receive a welcome pack via my email on Wednesday 30th August. No email arrived so I contacted them via phone, waited 10 minutes for a answer and was told that they were experience a high volume of emails and that I would get my welcome pack by 5pm that day. I did not and still have not had one. I also tried to contact them by email via their website and still no response. Think I will try a different company!
    Originally posted by Plymchick
    I phoned them up to switch on Thursday, and the lad emailed me the welcome pack while I was still on the phone to him. I've since had an official email with the welcome pack as well. Call them up and ask them to email it while you're on the line.

They refused to let me take the deal with zero standing charge, said it had expired. But even their normal fixed price deal is cheaper than anything else I've seen.
    • david1946
    • By david1946 4th Sep 17, 5:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    david1946
    Eversmart are the cheapest for me as well, I am currently on BG collective ending 3rd Oct.
    BG installed smart meters in Dec 2016, will Eversmart install new smart meters?

I shall wait as long as possible before initiating a switch in case a MSE deal comes along.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

376Posts Today

6,597Users online

Martin's Twitter