Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bingo bango
    • By bingo bango 28th Sep 12, 3:28 PM
    • 2,513Posts
    • 1,696Thanks
    bingo bango
    Free postcode lottery *******
    • 28th Sep 12, 3:28 PM
    Free postcode lottery ******* 28th Sep 12 at 3:28 PM
    Today is a local one. BT69 6AW and it's £40.

Ring any bells with anyone here?

EDIT: There are still a number of people asking (March 2016) what the Free Postcode Lottery is. This is a site which began as a one man operation out of a bedroom, offering a chance of free money for those adding their postcode to the database. It is now a substantially larger site, but still adheres to the same free to play principles. Some FAQ for those wanting to know more.

1. There is no cost for playing.
    2. To sign up, you add your postcode and an email address. No other details are required.
    3. You need to check the site each day for the different draws to see if your postcode is one of those chosen.
    4. There is a bonus earned for each visit (currently 1p per day). This is also paid as part of the prize.
    5. Only the postcodes entered are in the draw. It does not simply include ALL UK postcodes.
    6. Additional parts of the site can offer extra bonuses for completing surveys.
    7. Average prizes at the moment seem to be around £400-600 for the main draw (depends on whether or not previous draws have been claimed).
    8. The site address is www.freepostcodelottery.com and this is not a referral link.
    9. If you haven't joined the site, then you cannot win.
    10. I am not Chris.
    Last edited by bingo bango; 25-03-2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added some info on the site.
Page 2
    • Golden Anemone
    • By Golden Anemone 25th Sep 13, 12:32 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 1,355 Thanks
    Golden Anemone
    Why are we asking today when we didn't ask yesterday and most probably not going to ask tomorrow.
    If you're registered for the lottery you'll get an email each day to tell you if you've won.
    Originally posted by SailorSam
    This is the N Ireland Board SailorSam and we tend to highlight here if a NI postcode comes up as that doesn't happen too often.

The e-mail reminder doesn't tell you if you've won - it reminds you to check the site.

In fact when my postcode came up I saw it here first. I like to think I would have checked the site as well but I am so grateful for the post here that let me know to do so.
    • NAR
    • By NAR 25th Sep 13, 2:20 PM
    • 4,739 Posts
    • 12,604 Thanks
    NAR
    It's Rathvarna Drive Lisburn.
    • SailorSam
    • By SailorSam 25th Sep 13, 2:23 PM
    • 21,172 Posts
    • 36,772 Thanks
    SailorSam
    This is the N Ireland Board SailorSam and we tend to highlight here if a NI postcode comes up as that doesn't happen too often.
    Originally posted by Golden Anemone
    My postcode has never come up, but maybe tomorrow.
    I read something a couple of weeks ago about why some postcodes seem to be drawn more often than others and the answer was simply the ones that come up most often are simply the ones where more people are registered.
    That must be why we don't see many NI (or Liverpool) winners.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
    • HeadAboveWater
    • By HeadAboveWater 25th Sep 13, 2:26 PM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 9,344 Thanks
    HeadAboveWater
    http://freepostcodelottery.com/why-do-the-same-postcodes-always-win/

Most probably because some postcodes have more entries than others.
    There have also been a lot of winning postcodes that begin with ‘B’ which hasn’t escaped the notice of some of the more enthusiastic Facebook commenters. This is because Birmingham (B) is the country’s second most populous city. But then there are also a lot of other sizeable cities/towns beginning with B: Bristol (BS), Bath (BA), Bournemouth (BH), Blackburn (BB), Bradford (BD), Bolton (BL), Brighton (BN), and Belfast (BT). Just because it starts with ‘B’ doesn’t mean it’s Birmingham!
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
    • wifeforlife
    • By wifeforlife 25th Sep 13, 8:49 PM
    • 2,539 Posts
    • 2,791 Thanks
    wifeforlife
    Come on Lisburn, claim your money
    • wifeforlife
    • By wifeforlife 26th Sep 13, 12:04 PM
    • 2,539 Posts
    • 2,791 Thanks
    wifeforlife
    BT14 6DD

Please dont claim, and BT61 will come out tomorrow
    • NAR
    • By NAR 26th Sep 13, 4:57 PM
    • 4,739 Posts
    • 12,604 Thanks
    NAR
    Linden Gardens Belfast - £100 up for grabs!
    • NAR
    • By NAR 22nd Nov 13, 12:11 PM
    • 4,739 Posts
    • 12,604 Thanks
    NAR
    BT17 0TQ - Dunmurry I believe, £60 up for grabs.
  • GlynD
    When I was on my chinstrap and had just joined MSE I also subscribed to the Postcode Lottery. Unfortunately I never won anything and last year I decided it wasn't worth the spam e-mails, even if they were just to my Hotmail inbox. So I unsubscribed. I still think it's a good idea.
    • Golden Anemone
    • By Golden Anemone 23rd Nov 13, 7:23 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 1,355 Thanks
    Golden Anemone
    You do realise you can opt out of both reminder e-mails and offer e-mails? I get no e-mails from free postcode lottery and I still won.

Seems a bit of an over reaction to unsubscribe when you can just opt out of the e-mails.
    • wifeforlife
    • By wifeforlife 24th Nov 13, 12:08 PM
    • 2,539 Posts
    • 2,791 Thanks
    wifeforlife
    BT29 4QE

Good luck! Lurgan Road Crumlin as per google
    • caz2703
    • By caz2703 24th Nov 13, 12:41 PM
    • 3,562 Posts
    • 29,626 Thanks
    caz2703
    I see this wee thread gets a mention on the FPL homepage. Now if they could just arrange for a BT4 postcode next I'd really appreciate it

What? Another BT postcode??
    So, there have been quite a few BT postcode winners recently. Why is this? Well, a Northern Ireland resident (BT covers N.I.) posted about FPL on MoneySavingExpert.com and it has become quite an active post. Often when a BT postcode wins someone from BT posts about it so that other MSE members donít miss out. This causes more MSE members from N.I. to join Ė a virtuous circle (for the BT players at least). Read more about why some postcode areas win more often here.
    Are you a member of MSE? If so, why not create your own post and help pull the results back to your area?

• ness13
    • By ness13 24th Nov 13, 1:17 PM
    • 7,248 Posts
    • 372,406 Thanks
    ness13
    I've been subscribed to this for a long time, but never won. I'm a long-time user of this site, but didn't even know this thread was here!
    I think a lot of people, outside of N.I. don't realise the BT postcode covers the whole of N.I.!
    Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.

An eye for an eye only leads to more blindness.
  • Cocobay71
    Heh, how about BH19 postcodes please....
    • Old Git
    • By Old Git 24th Nov 13, 3:13 PM
    • 4,418 Posts
    • 3,867 Thanks
    Old Git
    I've been subscribed to this for a long time, but never won. I'm a long-time user of this site, but didn't even know this thread was here!
    I think a lot of people, outside of N.I. don't realise the BT postcode covers the whole of N.I.!
    Originally posted by ness13
    a lot off people outside Northern Ireland think N.I is a Republic and uses the euro .The GB education system is rubbish .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • GlynD
    You do realise you can opt out of both reminder e-mails and offer e-mails? I get no e-mails from free postcode lottery and I still won.

Seems a bit of an over reaction to unsubscribe when you can just opt out of the e-mails.
    Originally posted by Golden Anemone
    Looks like I should have paid more attention. I'm unsubscribed now though so I'll just leave it that way.

a lot off people outside Northern Ireland think N.I is a Republic and uses the euro .The GB education system is rubbish .
    Originally posted by Old Git
    They're in for a quare shock then when they turn up with their passports at the ready and a wallet full of Euros for their weekend in the Europa!
    • Old Git
    • By Old Git 24th Nov 13, 4:19 PM
    • 4,418 Posts
    • 3,867 Thanks
    Old Git

They're in for a quare shock then when they turn up with their passports at the ready and a wallet full of Euros for their weekend in the Europa!
    Originally posted by GlynD
    Strangely I was asked for my passport in a Dublin hotel last month .The eastern european receptionist couldnt understand the phrase "I dont need a passport to travel 90 miles down the road".
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • GlynD
    Strangely I was asked for my passport in a Dublin hotel last month .The eastern european receptionist couldnt understand the phrase "I dont need a passport to travel 90 miles down the road".
    Originally posted by Old Git
    Some places do demand a passport now. Some airlines too. Ryanair for example, even for domestic flights. There was a helluva row a couple of years ago when they wouldn't let a soldier board using his identity card for a domestic flight. They got round it by saying (truthfully too I suppose) we are an Irish company and don't have to abide by British rules concerning the use of military identification cards.
    • caz2703
    • By caz2703 6th Dec 13, 1:29 PM
    • 3,562 Posts
    • 29,626 Thanks
    caz2703
    BT20 4PL - Wellington Gardens, Bangor. £80 up for grabs.

• Coolhandluke
    • By Coolhandluke 6th Dec 13, 3:16 PM
    • 588 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Coolhandluke
    Getting close to BT23
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

204Posts Today

1,446Users online

Martin's Twitter