Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ningaloo
    • By Ningaloo 26th Feb 07, 7:32 PM
    • 153Posts
    • 111Thanks
    Ningaloo
    Take That 2007 Uk Tour tickets
    • 26th Feb 07, 7:32 PM
    Take That 2007 Uk Tour tickets 26th Feb 07 at 7:32 PM
    Take That have announced their tour dates for the UK.
    They go on sale this Friday at 9am. Usual arena concerts. Check out your local venue. Dates are in November & December.

Birmingham NEC
    Glasgow SECC
    Newcastle Arena
    London 02
    Manchester MEN

More details can be found at

http://www.takethattv.com/page/LatestNews/0,,12359,00.html
    Last edited by Ningaloo; 26-02-2007 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Link added
Page 3
  • Baby_J
    I've always preferred to buy tickets online, however when Backstreet Boys done their Millenium tour in June 1999, I got the tickets for Earls Court on the phone and was lucky to get 4th row from the stage....God, I was so happy!

I got tickets for Backstreet Boys Never Gone tour in October 2005 online and got 13th row from the stage for the 1st night and 7th row from the stage for the second night.
  • niteflite01
    Would you say, from experience, it is more successfull to buy the tickets online or on the phone? Never done this before, but I really want to see Take That! I've got their CDs from the first time round!!
    by Teresa60
    Online. But only if you're given the choice of seats etc.

If no choice is offered then either use another agent, or do it by telephone.
  • niteflite01
    i really dont wish to argue with you, it is a money saving board as you say. however,

firstly, the arctic monkeys presale was not password protected. the links were easy to extract once you got past the password entry page. likewise with the wet wet wet page, you could go directly to the purchase page and bypass the password quite easily. the only people who dont understand this are real fans. any tout worth his salt knows how to play these systems.

secondly, main agent = biggest seller, biggest seller = main agent. I wouldnt consider using anyone but ticketmaster tommorrow morning because (assuming it hasnt died under the traffic volume) seetickets will not tell you where your seats are for several hours. the site goes into some kind of `basic` operating mode when it gets overloaded so you could be sat anywhere!

thirdly, its more than naive to think that ticket touts dont watch these pages. its just one more step to making life easy for them.

the point I would agree with is that presales are pointless unless handled correctly.

Ticket buying is a science these days and Im afraid Joe Public stand no chance!
    by johnnhoj35
    To be fair, most bands put pre-sale links on their homepages. So I hardly think me posting them here is going to play any more easily into the hands of the touts than that, do you?

However, you make some fair points and in future I'll not be posting them here. Fair play.

And for the record, I'm by no means a massive fan of Seetickets. Far from it. I prefer dealing with Ticketmaster every time both professionally and personally. But sometimes Seetickets are the most reliable choice in terms of having tickets when Ticketcrooks have sold out. And in terms of not having to input that blasted CATCHPA code every time I want to look for tickets - slowing the whole process down dreadfully. I really hate that. Really, really hate that.

There's really no excuse for any of these companies not having a suitably robust mechanism in place to deal with high server loads. I mean, they earn quite enough money.....

Anyway, cheers and enjoy Take That (not my cup of tea personally but there you go)
  • IClaudius
    To be fair, most bands put pre-sale links on their homepages. So I hardly think me posting them here is going to play any more easily into the hands of the touts than that, do you?

However, you make some fair points and in future I'll not be posting them here. Fair play.
    by niteflite01
    This whole site is about saving people money and getting deals and thanks to your posts over the last few months, you have enabled lots of grateful people to secure good seats at some cracking concerts and gigs.

I for one think you posting pre-sale links is fantastic.
    If some band is going to charge me 50 the privilege of seeing them, then "see" them is what I would like to do, not view them on some huge screen from the back of an auditorium because I couldn't get decent seats due to the fact I couldn't get through on the phone for two hours!!

Most of us who use Tesco points and money off vouchers and discount codes and slip ups in company websites, know that we are just lucky to have access to that information.
    You posting your presale links is just one more example.

In no way here I am sure do the majority of MSE'ers think that you are the same as the ticket touts.

I for one really really hope you continue to post the links but if you decide not to, a HUGE thank you to all the links you've already posted.

And I shall buy you a virtual as thanks

Last edited by IClaudius; 01-03-2007 at 4:15 PM.
    "Sumptus censum ne superet"

Mental blocks are just hurdles to overcome in life.

Yeah..whatever :rolleyes:
    • foxyuk
    • By foxyuk 1st Mar 07, 4:17 PM
    • 951 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    foxyuk

And for the record, I'm by no means a massive fan of Seetickets. Far from it. I prefer dealing with Ticketmaster every time both professionally and personally. But sometimes Seetickets are the most reliable choice in terms of having tickets when Ticketcrooks have sold out. And in terms of not having to input that blasted CATCHPA code every time I want to look for tickets - slowing the whole process down dreadfully. I really hate that. Really, really hate that.

There's really no excuse for any of these companies not having a suitably robust mechanism in place to deal with high server loads. I mean, they earn quite enough money.....

Anyway, cheers and enjoy Take That (not my cup of tea personally but there you go)
    by niteflite01

the problem these days are there is only ticketmaster and seetickets..... the rest aloud,gigs and tours, ticketline, ticketweb and so on are all owned by above
  • piperd
    I cannot believe that anyone is having a pop at niteflite for what he/she does in posting pre-sale links. I'm sure these same people have used them in the past or would use them if there was an event that they were interested in.

The links posted on here by niteflite in the past have sorted me with tickets for concerts that I probably wouldnt have got tickets for otherwise.

P*sses me off that someone tries to do a good deed (niteflite could just keep the links to themselves OR exploit them for personal gain), and can still get people having a dig.

Keep up the good work I say mate, fair play to you.
  • mrs_s
    Hi, not really sure why this has turned in to a debate about pre-sales, ticket touts, but I just wanted to add my thanks to niteflite01 for posting the link earlier. Shame it didn't work, but hey that's life. I know you have posted other pre-sale links and it would be a shame if you stopped because of the opinions of a few.

So anyway I guess I will see you all in the virtual queue for Take That tickets tomorrow !!! I am sure I will be disappointed and be forced to pay ebay prices, I couldn't go to the last Take That tour as I was heavily pregnant/had a newborn, so am DESPERATE to get tickets tomorrow. As is a good majority of the female (and male??) UK population!!

Good luck all!
    Last edited by mrs_s; 01-03-2007 at 4:24 PM.
  • everso908
    hi take that tickets are on general sale march 2nd at 9am

there was a presale since the beginning of the week for fan club members only, there will be tickets avaible tomorrow mornign at the usuall outlets
  • claren
    [QUOTE=mrs_s]I am sure I will be disappointed and be forced to pay ebay prices, QUOTE]

I'm not so sure you should be so pessimistic mrs_s......with 22 dates lined up, I think you should stand a good chance of getting some reasonable seats. Might be worth trying for some tickets for one of the midweek shows, as they may sell out slower, and give you a better chance of getting the elusive FRONT ROW you're after!!!

Good luck anyway...and thanks to niteflite from me too
    • foxyuk
    • By foxyuk 1st Mar 07, 4:32 PM
    • 951 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    foxyuk
    hi take that tickets are on general sale march 2nd at 9am

there was a presale since the beginning of the week for fan club members only, there will be tickets avaible tomorrow mornign at the usuall outlets
    by everso908

no there wasnt..........
  • IClaudius
    there was a presale since the beginning of the week for fan club members only,
    by everso908

Where? What Site?:confused:
    "Sumptus censum ne superet"

Mental blocks are just hurdles to overcome in life.

Yeah..whatever :rolleyes:
    • foxyuk
    • By foxyuk 1st Mar 07, 4:36 PM
    • 951 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    foxyuk
    Where? What Site?:confused:
    by IClaudius

the poster is talking a lot of drivel my daughter is in the fan club and is registered....

If there was a presale why are fan club members queing at nec as we speak
  • niteflite01
    Hey, thanks everyone for the nice comments, my post certainly wasn't designed to elicit them, but I appreciate them nonetheless. Thank you

I agree that posting the pre-sales here probably does aid the touts, as johnnhoj35 said, but then if a few good folk here get to use the links I provide then I think that negates any effect the evil touts viewing here might have. I don't think johnnhoj35 was having a go, it takes all sorts to make the World go around and all that....

Lastly, everso908 - I very, very, very much doubt there was any pre-sale, in any way, fanclub or no fanclub.
  • kitty123
    I am a fan club member and there is no pre sale, that is incorrect information.
  • webuserisme
    niteflite01, I for one have been immensely grateful to you for posting pre-sale links on here, enabling me to get good tickets for a couple of concerts I wouldn't have stood a chance of even going to, so I really don't think you should let a poster with precisely 6 posts on here in almost 18 months put you off posting them in future. You contribute greatly to this forum, he/she doesn't...simple as that, really.
  • niteflite01
    niteflite01, I for one have been immensely grateful to you for posting pre-sale links on here, enabling me to get good tickets for a couple of concerts I wouldn't have stood a chance of even going to, so I really don't think you should let a poster with precisely 6 posts on here in almost 18 months put you off posting them in future. You contribute greatly to this forum, he/she doesn't...simple as that, really.
    by webuserisme

That's good enough for me. Cheers, I very much appreciate your kind words
    • kellyp
    • By kellyp 1st Mar 07, 5:49 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    kellyp
    I have been to concerts in Millenium stadium in winter! Inc sterophonics week before christmas a few years ago - around same time TT scheduled this year. I rekon they will release more dates - heres hoping....!
    • Hizz
    • By Hizz 1st Mar 07, 7:20 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 763 Thanks
    Hizz
    Do you think it will be a stage show or in the round?
    Last edited by Hizz; 01-03-2007 at 7:42 PM.
    One hundred years from now it won't matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little better because, I was important in the life of a child.
    • Ningaloo
    • By Ningaloo 1st Mar 07, 9:01 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Ningaloo
    Dont forget tickets go on sale at 9am and you can only buy a total of 6 tickets at the NEC...full stop....tickets already for sale on ebay and they have not even been released yet.

Good luck everyone !!!!
    • Keith
    • By Keith 1st Mar 07, 9:10 PM
    • 2,821 Posts
    • 1,800 Thanks
    Keith
    Do you think it will be a stage show or in the round?
    by Hizz
    Is there a presale link?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,291Posts Today

5,950Users online

Martin's Twitter