Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 28th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    • 125Posts
    • 34Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy
    • 28th Jul 17, 9:28 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy 28th Jul 17 at 9:28 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eversmart Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 41
    • molerat
    • By molerat 13th Sep 19, 5:16 PM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 15,672 Thanks
    molerat
    Just logged into my daughter's account. She switched on 2nd but they have raised an estimated bill for her usual billing date of 7th. My bill has been generated for the usual 11th, the day I switched. This is going to get silly.
    Last edited by molerat; 13-09-2019 at 5:58 PM.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 14th Sep 19, 8:11 AM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    JohnB47
    Still waiting for utilita, if I've not heard anything by the middle of next week I'll have to chase them, as I'm not staying with their prices!
    Originally posted by bufferz
    Check your junk folder. My email from Utilita arrived around 1pm on Thursday last and went straight to junk.
    • bufferz
    • By bufferz 14th Sep 19, 7:38 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    bufferz
    Have done, nothing there, so I'll ring tomorrow and see what the score is
    • bufferz
    • By bufferz 15th Sep 19, 10:20 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    bufferz
    How quickly can I move supplier?
    • JohnB47
    • By JohnB47 15th Sep 19, 11:35 AM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    JohnB47
    The gist of the email I received from them is as follows:

"Following the announcement from OFGEM on Tuesday, we are delighted to welcome you to one of Britain’s top-ten energy suppliers.

We understand that it can be quite disconcerting when your supplier ceases trading. That’s why we’d like to reassure you that there’s no need to panic.

You will remain on supply and any account credit will not be lost!
    You'll receive a letter with details about your energy supply - this email just highlights the important bits!

Full Terms & Conditions can be found on our website!

Don’t worry! You won’t go off supply and your credit balances are protected

Sit tight and don’t switch whilst we take care of the transfer. You can rely on your energy supply as normal

You became a Utilita customer on 11 September and your energy supply will transfer to Utilita by 18 September

Your next bill will be sent as normal and we’ll honour your credit balance

Eversmart customers will move to our Smart Energy tariff. You’ll receive information about your tariff and prices shortly. To find prices for our Smart Energy tariff, click here ….

The price you pay for your energy until the 30 September can be found at …... The price you will pay with us from 1 October will be sent to you with your new Welcome Book

If you pay by Direct Debit, Ofgem will provide us with the necessary information so you can continue to pay for your energy as normal. We’ll update you throughout this process."

I presume, if the switch goes well, I will be able to arrange a transfer from 18th Sept. I'm actively looking at alternatives now and will start a transfer once Utilita have sent me the paperword and have confirmed that my transfer to them has actually happened. Doing it earlier will only complicate things.
    • Hare1975
    • By Hare1975 17th Sep 19, 9:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hare1975
    Account in debit
    I had same thing. Had tried accessing account and unable to get to account after log in. Had a call to say my tariff ending and being put on a standard tariff. Was told account 600 odd quid in debt and told to put d/d to 200 quicd a month. Told them I couldn't afford that and settled on 136.00 a month. I questioned why I was only being told now as would submit readings as required. Just apologised. Now been moved to utilita with a prepayment card. Notified by text, had no letter email etc. Where do I stand with eversmart. Can I peruse it to get debt reduced, as I dont understand how they can let the debt mount without notifying me, and even when emailed to get website access back . No response. What seemed like a great deal has turned into a bloody nightmare. Oh and dont get me started with the smart meter and my concerns with solar panels.....fell on deaf ears
    • paulbrannan
    • By paulbrannan 18th Sep 19, 8:09 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    paulbrannan
    I'm in the same boat here - still waiting for a call from new supplier. Who is everyone switching to?
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 20th Sep 19, 11:09 AM
    • 3,903 Posts
    • 2,053 Thanks
    MABLE
    Checked today and see the Eversmart website has now been taken offline. Pleased I printed out all my details and usage a few weeks ago. I left them 4 months ago but you never know if the liquidators will come after me for an non existent debt like Extra Energy tried to do.
    • Carl Johnson
    • By Carl Johnson 1st Oct 19, 8:57 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Carl Johnson
    Company has been useless, no metre reading reminders, tried to move and wouldnt let me leave, weeks to answer emails, eventually manage to pay off a small debit amount to allow me to leave, now they are taking DD's from my account! Avoid, do not use
    • collectors
    • By collectors 1st Oct 19, 9:49 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    collectors
    I found Igloo not bad on prices but Utilita wont let me move yet. I don't want to get caught with the new astronomical charges they have. If this sort of thing happens, you should be allowed 1 month to find another supplier of your choice & only be charge what you have been paying with Eversmart for that month.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 1st Oct 19, 10:26 AM
    • 4,669 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    matelodave
    Company has been useless, no metre reading reminders, tried to move and wouldnt let me leave, weeks to answer emails, eventually manage to pay off a small debit amount to allow me to leave, now they are taking DD's from my account! Avoid, do not use
    Originally posted by Carl Johnson
    They are pretty easy to avoid coz they went bust about three weeks ago.

Why do you need a meter reading reminder, use a diary or put a reminder on your phone/calendar.

If you've left them why have you left the DD open - you should have cancelled it
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 11th Oct 19, 2:53 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    Was automatically switched to Utilita and then switched away from them within a week. The problem now is - Utilita claim they have not received any of my details from EverSmart. My account was in credit with Utilita and without any reading being transferred over, they have no way of getting this credit back to me.

Anyone else in this position?
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th Oct 19, 9:18 AM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 15,672 Thanks
    molerat
    Just received a bill from Utilita covering 18th - 30th September, I switched away on 11th Sept.

edit: and it seems they stole me back on 18th
    Last edited by molerat; 12-10-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    • HHarry
    • By HHarry 13th Oct 19, 6:48 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    HHarry
    Switch sucessfully completed today. Applied on the 22nd September.

No issues with it being 'to early' etc.

Meter readings for the 18th, when Utlita took over, supplied - hopefully final bill will be issued Ok.
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 13th Oct 19, 7:00 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    Just received a bill from Utilita covering 18th - 30th September, I switched away on 11th Sept.

edit: and it seems they stole me back on 18th
    Originally posted by molerat
    Did you also get your final bill from Eversmart, which should have been issued by Utilita?
    • molerat
    • By molerat 13th Oct 19, 7:10 PM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 15,672 Thanks
    molerat
    Did you also get your final bill from Eversmart, which should have been issued by Utilita?
    Originally posted by the_mandarin
    No. They have admitted they took my account from Symbio.
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 13th Oct 19, 7:21 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    No. They have admitted they took my account from Symbio.
    Okay. So were you not one of those who were with Eversmart and then moved over to Utilita?
    • molerat
    • By molerat 13th Oct 19, 8:29 PM
    • 21,417 Posts
    • 15,672 Thanks
    molerat
    Okay. So were you not one of those who were with Eversmart and then moved over to Utilita?
    Originally posted by the_mandarin
    No, but my switch date was after Eversmart went bust so I was with them on 6th which is the date the file must have been pulled at. Likely that file was used to transfer people to Utilita on 18th without carrying out due diligence to check if those people were still with Eversmart. My daughter moved on 2nd Sept and has not heard from Utilita. I do have an outstanding amount owed to Eversmart but not been billed.
    • the_mandarin
    • By the_mandarin 13th Oct 19, 10:07 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    the_mandarin
    No, but my switch date was after Eversmart went bust so I was with them on 6th which is the date the file must have been pulled at. Likely that file was used to transfer people to Utilita on 18th without carrying out due diligence to check if those people were still with Eversmart. My daughter moved on 2nd Sept and has not heard from Utilita. I do have an outstanding amount owed to Eversmart but not been billed.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    I too have an outsta nding amount but it is something Eversmart owes me, and Utilita have claimed they have not received these details yet.
    • tg99
    • By tg99 13th Oct 19, 10:08 PM
    • 775 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    tg99
    Anyone else not been able to register for the Utilita website following the transfer? Says my customer reference is not correct even though it is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

10Posts Today

4,161Users online

Martin's Twitter