Plusnet Billing Crisis

Options
124»

Comments

• rollingmoon
    Options
    I haven't had a bill from Plusnet since January. They sent me an email last week saying that they hoped to have the billing system fixed in the next month or so, and that whenever this does finally happen they will only backdate the bill by three months.

It would appear that, for once, Plusnet's world-class incompetence has worked in my favour!
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I haven't had a bill from Plusnet since January. They sent me an email last week saying that they hoped to have the billing system fixed in the next month or so, and that whenever this does finally happen they will only backdate the bill by three months.

You are not the only one...post 15 here..... https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6000828&highlight=plusnet
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I believe that some customers have not been billed for over a year!
    I think in their position ,I'd be tempted to leave and wait for PN to raise a bill for 3 months b/band (as they have said repeatedly that they won't charge for more than that) at some future date -then drag out paying them as long as possible. Unfortunately I'm one of the "lucky ones" who have been billed correctly and on time!!
  • rollingmoon
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I believe that some customers have not been billed for over a year!
    I think in their position ,I'd be tempted to leave and wait for PN to raise a bill for 3 months b/band (as they have said repeatedly that they won't charge for more than that) at some future date -then drag out paying them as long as possible.

Why would I leave? I'm essentially getting free broadband for as long as this fiasco continues, and - unlike some - the product actually works!
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,934 Forumite
    Options
    jaybeetoo wrote: »
    I’m a PlusNet customer and have not experienced any problems so not everyone is impacted.
    My bills were fine until I renewed in May. No bills since.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Options
    Why would I leave? I'm essentially getting free broadband for as long as this fiasco continues, and - unlike some - the product actually works!

Depends whether you are on a discounted offer or not - if your discounted deal comes to an end (say after 12 months) and you haven't been billed, I suspect that getting a new deal from PN might be more difficult :)
  • easymoney999
    Options
    Since I renewed my contract it's all gone wrong, billed the wrong amount for broadband and I'm unable to pay for line rental saver, can't seem to get plusnet to sort it out, but they can still charge the full amount.

Wish I'd moved......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport