Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jayjayok
    • By Jayjayok 8th Sep 19, 6:47 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jayjayok
    Vodaphone cash back deal
    • 8th Sep 19, 6:47 PM
    Vodaphone cash back deal 8th Sep 19 at 6:47 PM
    Hi

This is my first post. I found the 'superfast 1&2' deals and followed the link. It asked me to sign up and choose a voucher which I did. Then the email which was sent to me to finish my purchase had a broken link. Eventually when it started working, it took me to the vodaphone site where it had no mention of the 100 voucher only the echo dot.

I still continued with my purchase but when I got to the screen for selecting a time for the engineer. It seems to be stuck again.

I'm tempted to call vodaphone directly but when I spoke to them earlier. I was told the voucher deal was through MSE and going through direct to them only entitles me to the echo dot.

The promotion ends on 10/9 but am worried the link won't be fixed by then. Should I just speak to them directly and would I still get the voucher?

Some insight would be most welcomed.
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 8th Sep 19, 7:40 PM
    • 3,991 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 8th Sep 19, 7:40 PM
    • 8th Sep 19, 7:40 PM
    I would just go through the MSE link.
    It should remember your voucher selection and show it you.
    • Jayjayok
    • By Jayjayok 8th Sep 19, 8:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jayjayok
    • 8th Sep 19, 8:13 PM
    • 8th Sep 19, 8:13 PM
    Thanks for that.

The link goes though to the vodaphone website. That's what is confusing I thought it would still show that but it doesn't
    • neil82
    • By neil82 11th Sep 19, 3:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    neil82
    • 11th Sep 19, 3:09 PM
    cash back
    • 11th Sep 19, 3:09 PM
    forget about it, you won`t get anywhere once any problem starts, it seems to be a con to get people to sign up with them, trying to get help over it from either the provider or MSE is a complete waste of time, for a site that promises honesty it`s about time they admitted that these cash backs don`t work (may be different if MSE get paid directly then share some of it with you)
    • DAVELOW
    • By DAVELOW 12th Sep 19, 10:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DAVELOW
    • 12th Sep 19, 10:58 PM
    • 12th Sep 19, 10:58 PM
    Hi

This is my first post. I found the 'superfast 1&2' deals and followed the link. It asked me to sign up and choose a voucher which I did. Then the email which was sent to me to finish my purchase had a broken link. Eventually when it started working, it took me to the vodaphone site where it had no mention of the 100 voucher only the echo dot.

I still continued with my purchase but when I got to the screen for selecting a time for the engineer. It seems to be stuck again.

I'm tempted to call vodaphone directly but when I spoke to them earlier. I was told the voucher deal was through MSE and going through direct to them only entitles me to the echo dot.

The promotion ends on 10/9 but am worried the link won't be fixed by then. Should I just speak to them directly and would I still get the voucher?

Some insight would be most welcomed.
    Originally posted by Jayjayok
    Hi, I decided to go for this deal on Tuesday. I followed the link to the Vodafone site and chose a voucher. However, when I got to the checkout there was a problem with a credit check so I contacted Vodafone and explained the situation. The guy was very accommodating and confirmed the deal was valid with them for the voucher and Echo Dot. He proceeded to liaise with the credit team to clear this and got my application completed. I would ring them if you are still having issues.
    I'm glad I'm changing. I had been notified in August, by Virgin Media, that my monthly amount would increase in October by 3.50 to 34.50 However, I received an email yesterday, stating it would now be 41.75 and I've lost line rental and talk weekends! I've yet to get through to cancel having waited on the phone several times for about 15 - 20 minutes. Does anyone know if I have to give 30 days notice seeing this is far bigger an increase than expected?
    • fivegoldstars
    • By fivegoldstars 13th Sep 19, 9:03 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    fivegoldstars
    • 13th Sep 19, 9:03 AM
    • 13th Sep 19, 9:03 AM
    Seriously - do not do it. I have had nothing but problems since switching, and it's not isolated. Check the Vodafone community forums.
    Vodafone appear to be massively oversubscribed, and speeds are atrocious at peak times. I signed up to Superfast 2, 80mb potential. I got my best ever speed of 30mb at 2am. Between 7 and 10pm, I'm getting 4mb MAXIMUM. Iplayer etc are unwatchable.
    This isn't a line issue - I transferred from NOW TV and got a constant 36mb on their lowest fibre package. The speedtest has also been conducted over lan.
    Vodafone CS are terrible. You have been warned.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 13th Sep 19, 3:52 PM
    • 3,991 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 13th Sep 19, 3:52 PM
    • 13th Sep 19, 3:52 PM
    yeah you need to stay with virgin for 30 days.

it takes about 3 weeks to get something else going on the BT Line anyway.

I switched from NowTV to vodafone. Speed has increased. 40 > 74 Mbps
    Ping has also increased (not good for gamers)

Only problem is, no one can ring me!!! It's painful contacting them.

wonder if I can leave? been with them 5 days
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,763Posts Today

7,075Users online

Martin's Twitter