Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kazza242
    • By Kazza242 14th Mar 07, 9:18 PM
    • 1,908Posts
    • 2,537Thanks
    Kazza242
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List
    • 14th Mar 07, 9:18 PM
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List 14th Mar 07 at 9:18 PM
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List

**Please note: The list of ISAs I have compiled below is continually updated. New ISAs are added as they launch and withdrawn ISAs will be removed from the list. Updates to the list are made during the evening.**

The current Cash ISA limit is 20,000 for the 2019/20 tax year.

**As with any financial product, before opening a NISA do ensure that you have read and understood the terms and conditions.**

All rates are subject to change without notice. Please check all rates and terms before investing.

If you can think of an NISA I have missed please do send me a PM.
    Last edited by Kazza242; 01-09-2019 at 2:29 PM. Reason: List updated...
Page 230
    • masonic
    • By masonic 28th Jul 19, 6:49 PM
    • 12,339 Posts
    • 9,943 Thanks
    masonic
    It's a cash Lifetime ISA not a Lifetime Cash ISA!

In other words, in the context of the four types of ISA defined and recognised by HMRC, it falls within Lifetime ISAs rather than cash ISAs, and therefore shouldn't be on a list of cash ISAs, even though it is an ISA and funds are held in cash....
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    Should Skipton and Nottingham BS cash LISAs be removed from the existing list?
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 28th Jul 19, 11:32 PM
    • 11,357 Posts
    • 14,054 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Should Skipton and Nottingham BS cash LISAs be removed from the existing list?
    Originally posted by masonic
    Fair point - I hadn't actually viewed the whole of post #1 when posting that comment!

I'd still contend that none of these is a Cash ISA in the purist HMRC sense of the term, but can see the line of argument that if some cash LISAs are included then they all should be....
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 29th Jul 19, 7:07 AM
    • 5,765 Posts
    • 5,031 Thanks
    Alexland
    Fair point - I hadn't actually viewed the whole of post #1 when posting that comment!
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    I nearly made the same comment but saw that some LISAs were already in the list. My view is that people have enough problems understanding that cash LISAs are not Cash ISAs without including them in a Cash ISA list. Maybe the OP could include a comment in the LISA section making it clear?
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 30th Jul 19, 6:59 PM
    • 859 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Rich2808
    I nearly made the same comment but saw that some LISAs were already in the list. My view is that people have enough problems understanding that cash LISAs are not Cash ISAs without including them in a Cash ISA list. Maybe the OP could include a comment in the LISA section making it clear?
    Originally posted by Alexland

Its perhaps more of an issue than many (perhaps most) of the 'best buys' above are no longer available. A lot of clicking to get 'oops this page isn't available anymore'...
    • Reed_Richards
    • By Reed_Richards 30th Jul 19, 10:27 PM
    • 588 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Reed_Richards
    New Cash ISAs (NISAs): The Best Currently Available List....
    Last edited by Kazza242; 09-05-2019 at 10:17 PM. Reason: List updated...
    Originally posted by Kazza242
    Good offers tend to be short-lived and the information has not been updated since 9th May. It's a great pity as this was a very useful source of information when Kazza242 kept it up to date.
    Reed
    • Sapphire
    • By Sapphire 5th Aug 19, 12:59 PM
    • 3,064 Posts
    • 6,975 Thanks
    Sapphire
    Good offers tend to be short-lived and the information has not been updated since 9th May. It's a great pity as this was a very useful source of information when Kazza242 kept it up to date.
    Originally posted by Reed_Richards
    Another update (or correction). The two-year Kent Reliance (1.90 per cent interest) is not in fact an ISA bond, but a bond without the ISA attachment.

Don't know whether this was a recent change.
    • Patr100
    • By Patr100 19th Aug 19, 4:24 PM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    Patr100
    Looks like the MSE recommended easy access from Charter bank

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa/#chartersavings

has been pulled. It was there yesterday and I was about to sign up - now only 5 year fixed showing (unless they will update it later with a different product)
    https://www.chartersavingsbank.co.uk/Products/ISAs
    ---I Shop Therefore I Am ---
    • KingL
    • By KingL 10th Sep 19, 9:22 AM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 752 Thanks
    KingL
    charterbank 1.62% 1 year fix is gone, now.

• G_M
    • By G_M 11th Sep 19, 5:41 PM
    • 49,588 Posts
    • 61,546 Thanks
    G_M
    nationwide loyalty ISA not paying 1.4:

Up to 1.10% AER/tax-free (variable)
    Variable interest rates linked to length of continuous membership.
    1 year+ 0.80% AER/tax-free
    5 years+ 0.85% AER/tax-free
    10 years+ 0.95% AER/tax-free
    15 years+ 1.10% AER/tax-free
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,756Posts Today

10,640Users online

Martin's Twitter