Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hmc
    • By hmc 7th May 19, 5:47 PM
    • 2,420Posts
    • 1,198Thanks
    hmc
    Teens passport
    • 7th May 19, 5:47 PM
    Teens passport 7th May 19 at 5:47 PM
    Wasnít sure where to post sorry
    14 yr old dosnt have a passport and may need one for school trip next yr
    We are a single parent family since he was 1 yr and havnt seen the father for as long
    No idea where he is , money comes via cms
    The father is on the birth certificate
    Can I get a passport without dredging all that up and trying to find him ? I really really donít want to
Page 1
    • Flugelhorn
    • By Flugelhorn 29th Jun 19, 5:32 PM
    • 1,566 Posts
    • 2,045 Thanks
    Flugelhorn
    • 29th Jun 19, 5:32 PM
    • 29th Jun 19, 5:32 PM
    I don't think you need his input on the passport - need birth cert and details of who the parents are / where they were born and that is about it. I am sure I did my kids' passports without any Dad involvement (he is here at home, just left it to me!)
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 29th Jun 19, 6:53 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 2,622 Thanks
    tacpot12
    • 29th Jun 19, 6:53 PM
    • 29th Jun 19, 6:53 PM
    It is definitely worth using the Post Office's Check and Send service for any passport application and they will check the form and photograph to ensure that you have met the requirements for a passport to be issued.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always check official information sources before relying on my posts.
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 29th Jun 19, 6:59 PM
    • 4,849 Posts
    • 2,827 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 29th Jun 19, 6:59 PM
    • 29th Jun 19, 6:59 PM
    I believe mum automatically gets to be able to sign the form as she has parental responsibility. Child signs too at that age.

Photo booths that take digital photos seem to be many places now. Take photos (you also get paper copies) but then you then just use the code in the online form. These booth automatically check the photo is acceptable.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 29th Jun 19, 7:15 PM
    • 10,145 Posts
    • 35,402 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 29th Jun 19, 7:15 PM
    • 29th Jun 19, 7:15 PM
    You can manage this without Dad around, and the sooner you get your lad a passport the sooner it won't be an issue. By the time he's old enough for a provisional driving licence (far too soon!), then he'll have passport, driving licence & will then only need proof of address for almost all purposes.

You are doing splendidly - don't let an absent chap slow you down.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

127Posts Today

1,893Users online

Martin's Twitter