Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • platypuskn
    • By platypuskn 19th Jun 19, 8:12 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Child maintenance variation form
    • #1
    • 19th Jun 19, 8:12 PM
    Child maintenance variation form 19th Jun 19 at 8:12 PM
    Help - has anyone ever successfully done a CMS child maintenance form?

    My ex runs his own ltd company, has a second home and yet pays based upon earning minimum wage. I asked for a variation a couple of months ago and explained the situation in writing, and they have finally sent me a form to fill in. I was expecting them to check his tax returns on HMRC and now I'm bemused.

    I don't know what he earns in terms of dividends, and it seems crazy to guess. They also ask things like if he diverts money, and give examples like overpaying to a pension and keeping money in a business account. But I don't know what counts as overpaying to a pension - he used to pay 300 a month which is a lot given he currently only gives 130 a month for two children, but maybe its not legally seen as 'overpaying'. I have no idea what is in his business bank account.

    Any tips on how on earth to fill in the form??
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

376Posts Today

4,448Users online

Martin's Twitter