Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • foxyuk
    • By foxyuk 5th Mar 07, 7:49 AM
    • 951Posts
    • 312Thanks
    foxyuk
    George Michael UK tour - presale link!!!! go on sale thurs 8th march 10am
    • 5th Mar 07, 7:49 AM
    George Michael UK tour - presale link!!!! go on sale thurs 8th march 10am 5th Mar 07 at 7:49 AM
    Presale for all George Michael UK dates starts at 10am tomorrow here.

http://www.seetickets.com/georgemichael/

LONDON Wembley Stadium - Sat 9 June
    NORWICH City FC - Tues 12 June
    MANCHESTER City of Manchester Stadium - Fri 15 June
    GLASGOW Hampden Park - Sun 17 June
    PLYMOUTH Argyle FC - Tues 19 June

Tickets go on general sale at 10am on Thursday.

limit of 4 on see tickets for hampden however no limit with seccextra here!!!!

http://www.seccextra.com/georgemichael/
    Last edited by foxyuk; 07-03-2007 at 9:12 AM.
Page 11
    • cheekymole
    • By cheekymole 8th Mar 07, 8:02 PM
    • 3,288 Posts
    • 1,635 Thanks
    cheekymole
    I was dead miffed with the tickets I got from SeeTickets too 'cos there's much better seats left. I only paid the £50 but that's not the point
    Same happened with Take That tickets too
    I haven't got one!
  • out 4 nowt
    If you go on manchester citiy fc website it shows the view (photograph) you get from all the different blocks. Its worth a look if your not sure how much you will see.
    • cheekymole
    • By cheekymole 8th Mar 07, 8:35 PM
    • 3,288 Posts
    • 1,635 Thanks
    cheekymole
    If you go on manchester citiy fc website it shows the view (photograph) you get from all the different blocks. Its worth a look if your not sure how much you will see.
    by out 4 nowt
    Here's the LINK then click on ENTER then CLUB & STADIUM and CITY OF MANCHESTER STADIUM then STADIUM PLANS & VIEWS
    Last edited by cheekymole; 08-03-2007 at 8:39 PM.
    I haven't got one!
    • photome
    • By photome 8th Mar 07, 9:08 PM
    • 14,246 Posts
    • 9,744 Thanks
    photome
    http://www.ticketline.co.uk/maps/Norwich%20Carrow%20Road%20Stadium/default.gif

Does that depend on where the stage will be situated. Not sure if the above plan is correct, it is fron ticketline.
    by rp5017

Does look like i have it wrong about the stage being at the opposite end to you.

I notice that all the 75 tickets that are left are in either end so it does suggest the stage is on the side, but where does that put the 50 seats
  • jonesey
    Hi
    Does anyone know what time we should start queing for manchester, to get a good spot, if we only have pitch standing.I'm traveling from Wales so I need to know if I need to book a hotel the night before.
    Thank You
  • rp5017
    Does anybody know who GM's support act/s will be. Doors open at 5 he comes on at 8. Also would like to know how long he will be on for approx.
    • photome
    • By photome 9th Mar 07, 2:58 PM
    • 14,246 Posts
    • 9,744 Thanks
    photome
    Hi
    Does anyone know what time we should start queing for manchester, to get a good spot, if we only have pitch standing.I'm traveling from Wales so I need to know if I need to book a hotel the night before.
    Thank You
    Originally posted by jonesey
    The last time I went to a stadium concert and wanted to get near the front I started queueing about 4 hours before the gates opened, there was only a couple in front of me so got right to the front and was even on telly.

If you dont care where you stand then no need to get there early at all
    • meerustar
    • By meerustar 9th Mar 07, 5:07 PM
    • 7,980 Posts
    • 20,015 Thanks
    meerustar
    I've been to City Manc Stadium a few times for gig and it is absolutely pointless standing, you can't see a thing.

I even got a band for the U2 concert in the 'gold circle' and got squashed like mad so ended up walking out and standing on the steps.

I always go to the seating area now.

Little tip: At the Take That gig last summer I went to the press area and told them I was pregnant and feeling sick, could I please stand there for a few minutes. The guy let me and my freind passed and we had a great view and bopped all night, lol.

Be NICE to the stewards and they'll be nice to you.
  • Nemisis_WOF
    Photome. My tickets are the Expensive £100 ones and my seat allocation is in the thorpe area THA BLOCK Row M seats 20>30ish, i can see where the Thorpe stand is on the map but to know how far back i am and how near to the corner would be nice.

Oh by the way if you check out see tickets at the moment they have added Golden circle standing tickets for the Carrow Road Gig, bit naughty adding those in after people have bought standard standing tickets expecting to get near the stage unrestricted except by other people and then to find out they wont be able to get as close as they think.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Nemisis_WOF; 10-03-2007 at 12:31 AM.
    • photome
    • By photome 10th Mar 07, 5:14 AM
    • 14,246 Posts
    • 9,744 Thanks
    photome
    Photome. My tickets are the Expensive 100 ones and my seat allocation is in the thorpe area THA BLOCK Row M seats 20>30ish, i can see where the Thorpe stand is on the map but to know how far back i am and how near to the corner would be nice.

Oh by the way if you check out see tickets at the moment they have added Golden circle standing tickets for the Carrow Road Gig, bit naughty adding those in after people have bought standard standing tickets expecting to get near the stage unrestricted except by other people and then to find out they wont be able to get as close as they think.

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Nemisis_WOF
    If you use this link you can see where the thorpe areas are, row M is near the back of that stand I think and will be up in the corner of that stand, sorry I cant tell you exactly as I never go in that stand,I am out all day today but will try and find out exactly where it is tomorrow if you havent already done so

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/SeatingPlan/0,,10355,00.html
  • Marshie
    Wembley 19th June Tickets
    Just to let anyone that was disappointed by the fast sell out of the 9th July Wembley gig know that there are STILL tickets (all prices) left for the new 10th June Wembley date.

I have just bought some!!! Yippeeee!!!
    • vanilla8
    • By vanilla8 10th Mar 07, 1:01 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 428 Thanks
    vanilla8
    Just to let anyone that was disappointed by the fast sell out of the 9th July Wembley gig know that there are STILL tickets (all prices) left for the new 10th June Wembley date.

I have just bought some!!! Yippeeee!!!
    Originally posted by Marshie

Still debating whether to go for standing or seated!?
    • i love it
    • By i love it 1st Apr 07, 12:57 AM
    • 800 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    i love it
    I asked for refund as I have since sourced better tickets. I bought mine from see tickets on pre sale day for manchester and was allocated block 207 top price 100.00 seats.

The venue is not sold out and block 207 is one of the last areas still available! Hardly best seats for a pre sale.

I've been refunded minus 13.00 transaction fee!! A complaint is in hand.

Anyone else experienced the same?
    • i love it
    • By i love it 26th Apr 07, 10:23 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    i love it
    Already posted in vent board, I know some of you experienced same disappointment.
    I know this is a long shot and the pre sale George Michael thread is cold.
    I am pursuing full refund for GM tickets booked on pre sale day due to poor seat allocated and non disclosure of seating pre payment.

Trading standards have advised me the website seetickets were in breech of sale of goods act/misleading sales by offering pre sale and not allocating best seats. No contract can be formed without description of seat location, they say.

There have been several threads, take that is another with disappointed fans regarding seat allocation after purchase.

They require original email invite to pre sale to pursue the matter.

Does anyone have this saved? Would you be willing to forward it?

I have been refunded ticket face value, but not the 13.00 fee.

I know many MSE's have been 'had' by their tactics. All other sites to my knowledge indicate seats before purchase, they are legally obliged to do so according to TS

Can you help.

Much thanks in advance if so.
  • Snoopy06
    Just wondering i dont know if this will work but my friend is unable to go to see George michael in manchester and as a result has i think 4 standing tickets. She's not interested in making a profit just to be able to sell the tickets 50 each, she is gutted to sell them. If any one is interested...am not even sure if am allowed to advertise on here but thought i would give it ago..thanks again
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 26th May 07, 1:48 PM
    • 35,648 Posts
    • 41,796 Thanks
    Browntoa
    out of interest...my wembley tickets turned up today , singed for delivery by white van man
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • amc1
    • By amc1 30th May 07, 7:22 PM
    • 1,304 Posts
    • 250 Thanks
    amc1
    I can't make this concert anymore on the 15/6 @ Manchester.

I have the 2 "Gold Circle" tickets now and am willing to sell them @ face value (100 each + pp/booking fee).

Anybody interested - pm me. Thanks, Andy
    • little_lil
    • By little_lil 30th May 07, 7:29 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    little_lil
    9th June Wembley
    Not sure if those of you going on the 9th june know that it is going to be on telly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisevans/2007/05/so_anyhow_now_i_can_tell_you.shtml

its so exciting - I will be setting my sky+
  • bountygirl
    george micheal
    hello has any other nurses been offered free tickets for tomorrow G.M tickets at Wembley?? i sent off before xmas but never heard anything however then been given this seemingly fab offer!!!!
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,342Posts Today

8,064Users online

Martin's Twitter