actual state pension calculation?

Hello all, I reached pension age and claimed my pension in Dec 2017, I received a letter stating how much my pension would be, but not an actual calculation, I have twice called the pension office to ask for a copy of the calculation but have as yet not received a reply.
I simply wish to see how the final figure was arrived at ,
eg. so many years up to 5/4/16=starting amount, 1 year after 5/4/16 =xx, small amount from Serps =xx, I know there will be a deduction somewhere for contracting out.
Am I asking the impossible? or is it a state secret?
or am i being pedantic and silly ?

Comments

• [FONT=&quot]I have never seen a copy of such a document.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]10 or so years ago the amount of SERPS and graduated pensions were advised.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Then that went down to just additional pension.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As of mid 2016 the forecast was virtually reduced to one number.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There is virtually no one in the DWP who could put something together as it is all pretty complicated and it is left to the computer system to come up with the answer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It is not that the staff do not want to help it is their lack of knowledge makes it seem you are talking to a wardrobe.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I would just take a deep breath and look for something else to look into as you are going up a blind alley.[/FONT]
  • Thank you , yes I have read everything I can find on how it is calculated, I just want to see MY personal calculation.
    I have my contribution record, I have a copy of all that was paid to my contracted out personal pension, so have they obviously, and even if it is left to a computer program to work it out surely there must be a printout of it ?
  • wobblywheels
    wobblywheels Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 18 August 2018 at 8:33PM
    Hello All, I unearthed this,

.gov.uk/government/collections/state-pension-toolkit

inside it can be found this,

.gov.uk/government/publications/new-state-pension-if-youve-been-contracted-out-of-additional-state-pension
    it is a lot of reading, still trying to understand it, it may take a while ;)

I am not allowed to post links so I removed the 3w bit it may be of interest to someone :)
  • Thanks, you slipped that in while I was typing, It seems to be the same as I posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure