Getting paid from agency problem

My son worked for a agency a couple of months ago and has never been paid for the work he had done.

When he started he took all the paperwork they asked him for so he could get paid but when his due payday came nothing was paid.

A few days later son told us that there was no more work for him as where he was doing the work they got rid of the agency for some reason.
So son contacted his boss and was given a excuse of the agency lost his paperwork and bank details so son went and met with his now old boss and gave him paperwork again and that was last Thursday and son was told that the agency will send payment by bacs last week but a week later he still has not beeb paid but was told he would be paid by today without fail.

From day 1 i had a feeling something was not right and with the company where he worked(son was doing some cleaning work) getting rid of the agency made it even more not right.

Also his old boss even said that if he did not get his pay he would pay son himself.
Why oh why would his old boss say that? As i dont know many bosses who would pay wages out of there own money.

The whole thing does not sit right with me.

So what is our next move as son should had been paid back on July 13th.

Comments

• Letter before action, then put a claim through moneyclaimonline - I even think that is what I'll have to do for the last two employers.

It is sickening out there - if you have trouble with finance you can go to the Ombudsman, have trouble in any job = no assistance.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Give the Employment Agency Standards helpline a call on Monday: 0845 955 5105 or try ACAS http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Did your son submit a timesheet for the hours worked?
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • rich_shot2003
    rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    No there was no time sheets or anything like that so we really can not prove he did any work.

I tried to call his boss on Friday but he did not answer phone so he seems to be hiding for some reason.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Brynsam wrote: »
    Give the Employment Agency Standards helpline a call on Monday: 0845 955 5105.
    It would be completely inappropriate for this service to be offered via a premium rate 0845 number costing up to 65p per minute.

As it happens, that 0845 number has been taken out of service and no longer works. Unhelpfully, it fails to play an announcement detailing the new telephone number.

The new number will likely start 01, 02, 03 or 080.

Be aware of the "call connection service" scam. There will likely be any number of scam websites promoting premium rate 084, 087 or 09 numbers that purport to "connect to" the required service. Do not call these numbers, they are scams.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure