Curtains ?

Where can I find a decent selection of domestic curtains ?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Debenhams
    Next
    Dunelm
    Catalogues
    Local curtain shops
    Local seamstress
    https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=curtains+uk&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    John Lewis
    Dunelm
    Debenhams
    La Redoute
  • eBay? I have bought several new John Lewis curtains on eBay.
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Is it just me or is there a shortage of Pencil Pleat curtains? Most places I've looked seem to have a good selection of eyelet curtains and then just a few pencil pleat ones. Annoying when I have a new house needs curtaining!
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've spent £100's in curtain shops years ago, now I save £100's buying on-line. great value for money-

https://www.curtains-2go.co.uk/plain-natural-neutral.htm
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I got mine from argos and spent a while sorting through their clearance range.

Picked:
    1x floor length ring type header
    2x floor length blackout hook type header

Total cost Under £60
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    There is no such thing as "a decent collection" as it depends on budget, location and taste!

I've recently "given up" trying to find/buy pair of curtains. Found some in Dunelm that "would do", went there "no, that's online only" and I didn't want to order them to discover that I didn't like them... so I didn't. Then I looked everywhere/anywhere and nothing was available, so I decided to bite the bullet and just order them online - by then my size (90x90/228x228) wasn't an option.

I've now ended up with a (£38) pair I got at a car boot (unopened) - which then required me to buy rings (£9) and hooks.... and now they're up, I should've bought more rings.

Curtains ..... are an artform, lots of luck ... and playing the waiting game.
  • It's far cheaper to sew curtains that buy one from the local stores. I would prefer to make my own curtains than buy them. However, we can still buy cheap curtains from local stores.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ikea sell curtains, they come in different prices depending on how thick or what features you want from the fabric (eg gauze like, blackout, etc)

John Lewis sell them though you've just missed their sale so they wont be cheap at the moment.

M&S, Dulem, Next...or you can get them made up for you if you go to an interior designer? Depends what your after really.
  • I bought the sofa from M&S, but I could not afford 4 M&S custom curtains for my new house. I had to quote everywhere. Finally, tried free swatches and then ordered the curtains from an online shop "voila voile". They gave me free matching tie backs too. Quite reasonable prices and quality. It may be helpful to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure