12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Comments

• ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    It is a worry. We never used to fit them in people's cars which I'm very glad about!

So productive morning today!!! We have a boys name and a girls name!! I know it may change but we were struggling for girls names and our favourite was in the top three girls names for the last few years, so we now have something very similar but it's usually around place 400 in the names listing!!!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We still haven't discussed names but I have said I want a couple to pick from before it arrives.. I have a boys name, I don't care if OH likes it or not I will go register the birth in secret if I have to I'm using that name! Lol I have maybe 3 or 4 girls names I like but not mad keen on.. It would be the 9th girl I'm kind of running out of names I like!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ThinkPink
    I struggled to find one girls name I love, I would definitely find picking 9 names impossible!!!

Having a nice lazy day today, I'm studying a post graduate qualification as well as working full time so my weekends are usually spent with doing assignments etc, but I'm having the weekend off this week and making the most of it!!
  • ThinkPink
    I ordered a Doppler this morning, it should be here tomorrow but I'm going to try and resist using it tomorrow as I won't get in until late. I've read some people say they were trying for over an hour before they could hear a heartbeat, does anyone have any tips on finding the heartbeat, as I font want to get myself in a panic if I can't find it quickly!!x
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No words of wisdom about a Doppler other than your braver than me to order one! I'd freak out unnecessarily if I couldn't find the heartbeat but I can feel baby flutters and kicks now so it's really reassuring!

I'm all packed up now for going home tomorrow, really missing the Oh so can't wait to see him
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • ThinkPink
    I'm still slightly undecided if I'll use it, and if I do when, but I want it there as reassurance if I need it. I think I'm going to go mad over the next three weeks until my midwife appointment otherwise!!
  • ThinkPink wrote: »
    I ordered a Doppler this morning, it should be here tomorrow but I'm going to try and resist using it tomorrow as I won't get in until late. I've read some people say they were trying for over an hour before they could hear a heartbeat, does anyone have any tips on finding the heartbeat, as I font want to get myself in a panic if I can't find it quickly!!x

*de lurking*

We were quite lucky and managed to find his heartbeat almost straightaway the first and second time, from what I can remember he was off to my left hand side quite low down. After that it seemed to be more difficult to find and when we did find it he would move. Try not to panic, I know that is easier said than done but this is exactly why they don't recommend dopplers. I haven't had to use it since he started kicking but did find the doppler in the earlier stages reassuring.
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I found the HB very easily from about 9 weeks.. somedays they are laid behind blood vessels so harder to find.. it takes about a second to find now. A lot depends on the type of doppler you have!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    I have my 20 wk scan tomorrow and I'm trying not to stress about it! OH is out for the evening so I'm left to my own devices, catching up on TV on sky+.

Had a lovely day with OH today, we went for a walk by the sea and had chips and ice cream. We haven't had much quality time together last few weeks for various reasons so was nice to chill out and just be us.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone

We've been to the baby show today in Manchester it was packed. TBH only went so we could view the pushchairs we'd narrowed down all in one place with all the colours. Then we bobbed over to M&P and JL as they price matched everything, so all our big stuff is done. I'm 19+ weeks and not at all superstitious just happy we've boxed it all off.

I made a list of clothes to buy in 0-3 & 3-6 and have almost boxed off the 0-3, having a girl for the first time I knew I'd have to do a list otherwise the shopping would get out of control :o turns out DH is worse than me for over shopping.

M&P do a petite cot which we've gone for over a Moses basket & crib so we get longer out of it as space is a bit limited in our bedroom for a full sized cot plus, it cost less than some Moses baskets and cribs.

We've gone for a plain static crib for downstairs as mothercare had an already cheap one on sale so couldn't resist as its so sturdy.

Think I got a Doppler when I was 15ish weeks took me about 5-10 minutes to first find heartbeat but once I knew where to aim for I find it almost instantly now. I use it once every 10 or so days for reassurance whilst awaiting the full on kicks. The only tip I haven is to aim low and have patience.

9 days until my scan can't wait to see the Lo again :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback