IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Highview/Tesco Quick question

BobbyCrook
BobbyCrook Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 6 August 2018 at 9:33AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello, always love the help and hard work people put into this forum.
I received one of those dodgy bits of paper from Highview with an attached letter from Tesco.
Basically, I have read the Newbies thread and also a 4 page thread about someone else on here who had Highview. My question is, do I just use the Blue template or should I just simply tick the fact that I couldn't remember who the driver was? The reason I ask is in that thread, people were saying to do three different things, so was slightly confused :(

ALSO, worth noting that the fine was due to a 7 hour 30 minute overstay lol. I went to the store on the 17th July and went home shortly after as wife and kids at home. I then went back before work in the morning??? but they have me staying there all night? there must be so many people who they wrongly send stuff out too :(

Many Thanks

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    For highview there is absolutley no ambiguity: use the template appeal
    Ensure you do not reveal the driver due to sneaky drop down boxes. of course, if the drop down MUSt be used, and has NO option that applies, pick something sensible and tell them in the appeal that you , the Keeper, were forced to select a box to contoniue, but this box does tnot represent the true circumstance.
  • BobbyCrook
    BobbyCrook Posts: 11 Forumite
    Wow that was quick. Thank you very much. Should I keep everyone updated as I progress so that It helps others?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 9:50AM
    In a double dip situation,

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5550336

the identity of the driver is of no consequence. It could even be two different drivers.

The fact remains, their ANPR malfunctioned, (as it frequently does, which is why it is banned in local authority car parks), and they should immediately cancel when informed of the facts. If they do not, complain to your MP.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,251
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Should I keep everyone updated as I progress so that It helps others?
    Yes please. If you appeal online, I expect you'll be back within a couple of days with some good news for us.

The record time from appeal to decision - 2 hours.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    BobbyCrook wrote: »

ALSO, worth noting that the fine was due to a 7 hour 30 minute overstay lol. I went to the store on the 17th July and went home shortly after as wife and kids at home. I then went back before work in the morning??? but they have me staying there all night? there must be so many people who they wrongly send stuff out too :(

Many Thanks

You must write to the CEO of Tesco's and get this cancelled

Mr Dave Lewis Chief Executive

Email dave.lewis@uk.tesco.com

You have BEEN caught by dodgy ANPR which BBC Watchdog
    exposed earlier this year. The BPA admit the system is
    not 100% accurate

Watch this ..... sounds just like your experience
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIaKMkO3YVM

Why do Tesco employ these scammers, Tesco have ZERO
    respect for customers, hence they lose customers and they
    are so stupid, they don't understand.

Get it cancelled by Lewis
  • I love all the help everyone gives on here. So will definatley keep everyone updated. I used the blue template and made sure I said I was the keeper not the driver.
    I see advise on here regarding people contacting their MPs etc and complaining to Tesco. For me, I want to waste some peoples time mainly Tesco. I was thinking about a FOI Request (something I did with the council for a successful pothole claim...took a year to win!) but is there anything I can ask that will help anyone on here. I will seperatley complain to Tesco too and post any response I get from them.
  • Just watched the video...I laughed with no surprise when ParkingSLY were resonsible for the services.
    I am aware that ANPR isnt great but it definatley highlights how many people must get fines wrongly and then end up paying them ! shocking
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    BobbyCrook wrote: »
    Just watched the video...I laughed with no surprise when ParkingSLY were resonsible for the services.
    I am aware that ANPR isnt great but it definatley highlights how many people must get fines wrongly and then end up paying them ! shocking

Why not ask Lewis for the ANPR logs for those times ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,251
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 10:18AM
    I want to waste some peoples time mainly Tesco. I was thinking about a FOI Request (something I did with the council for a successful pothole claim...took a year to win!)
    Tesco are outside the scope of FOI - it applies only to public bodies.

But you could hit them with a SAR-bomb as the Tesco letter suggests that they hold your data. I understand that HV are just using Tesco letterheads with a templated message, but to all intents and purposes it has come from Tesco, so give them a welter of work to do, with the opportunity to give them more grief when they try to fob you off with some mealy-mouthed attempt to wriggle off the hook. In the process send a similar fully loaded one to HV too. Get them both at it, then if there are inconsistencies between/irregularities in handling the information they have on you, it's party time! :D

Here's some ideas on SAR-bombing:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784

Leave it until your appeal is upheld, then go for the jugular!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • This is great !!! going to have lots of fun with this. but yes, will wait until the appeal is sorted then hit them. I have already been making waves as a disgruntled customer this morning :) and keep forgetting about the FOI is for Public, but going to read up on the Sar bombing now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure