Child maintenance changes

Hi All,

My kida dad is paying child maintenance since February 2019 (applied for in December 2018 so he was over a month behind but apparently this was the only option as he's getting paid on the last day of each month). I had ZERO help from him throughout the whole year and had to rely on childminders and change job to suit them (been doing shifts before)
Just had my yearly review and his payments are supposed to go up as from 01/02. Out of the sudden he has decides that he wants to have kids for 2 night almost every weekend (he works shifts and wants to have them for 2 out of 3 weeks, starts from 01/02). Of course it's got nothing to do with the payments going up (as what he says :rotfl:)He also asked me to to make arrangements between ourselves and not involve the CMS, still relying on the calculator tho. I know that his payments will go down if he start taking them for the weekends obviously, and I'm fine with that just not sure if I should agree to lower payment as from 01/02. Thinking that the payment in February is what he owns be for the previous month I dont think it's fair to me? How quick the change of shared custody will affect the payments if I stay with CMS being involved?
Thanks for any advise

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Without being awkward are you really going to argue over what, £50?

Life's too short.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Gosia1985 wrote: »
    Hi All,

My kida dad is paying child maintenance since February 2019 (applied for in December 2018 so he was over a month behind but apparently this was the only option as he's getting paid on the last day of each month). I had ZERO help from him throughout the whole year and had to rely on childminders and change job to suit them (been doing shifts before)
    Just had my yearly review and his payments are supposed to go up as from 01/02. Out of the sudden he has decides that he wants to have kids for 2 night almost every weekend (he works shifts and wants to have them for 2 out of 3 weeks, starts from 01/02). Of course it's got nothing to do with the payments going up (as what he says :rotfl:)He also asked me to to make arrangements between ourselves and not involve the CMS, still relying on the calculator tho. I know that his payments will go down if he start taking them for the weekends obviously, and I'm fine with that just not sure if I should agree to lower payment as from 01/02. Thinking that the payment in February is what he owns be for the previous month I dont think it's fair to me? How quick the change of shared custody will affect the payments if I stay with CMS being involved?
    Thanks for any advise

Stick with the CMS and don't hinder the contact they are separate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure