PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weetabix Brownies

Comments

• mikeD
    mikeD Posts: 359 Forumite
    Now this sounds like the sort of snack that the OH would give me a nice fat kiss for. Have printed off recipe and will try out and let you know how it goes, kisswise that is. :rotfl:
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Mine are in the oven now, timer set for 15 minutes :) Wonder how long they last, baked when kids are in bed so they have a fihting chance in surviving the night.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I made some of these this morning, but as I am a vegan and avoiding wheat (have lost nearly 2 stone by not eating wheat!) I used oatibix, gluten-free flour and egg replacer. They are absolutely delicious. My daughter has been sent off to her music workshop with one for her mid-morning snack, and three others have already been eaten - and they only came out of the oven half an hour ago! When my husband gets back soon I don't expect them to last much longer! I've just seen a thread for weetabix cake, so I'm going to have a look at that. It's worth buying weetabix/oatibix just for this recipe alone.
  • lil_me
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I used what we had left over from my sons fad of eating them, I didn't tell the kids what was in them (as they wouldn't have ate it) but there are only 3 tiny bits left !!! They went down well and they kept sneaking them so I ended up having to put the box up high to save those. Thanks to whoever originally posted it, I have another 36 weetabix to make them with so will be making more!
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    that I made a second batch, and as I didn't have quite enough Bran Flakes in an open packet, I made it up with All Bran, which we always have open. Perhaps a bit on the dry side, but they all disappeared very rapidly at a Baby Shower I took them too, and I heard no complaints. I did that batch by melting the chocolate, but I can't see that that would have made any difference. Next batch will be made with chocolate drops.

I hope you've all registered how healthy these are? As well as the fibre in the Weetabix or Bran Flakes, there is also the vegetable content. You did all know that chocolate was a vegetable, didn't you? :rotfl: So if you're sending them to school, remember to include a note for the food police ...

The first batch lasted fine from Monday evening to Thursday, again, disappeared with no complaints!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • I just discovered this: if you nuke them in the microwave for about 6 minutes, they become very spongey, then it is delicious with custard.
    "Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
    It's only teenage wasteland"
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
  • lil_me
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Will try that, but with Icecream as Custard is ICKY!!
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    I Been Making Them And Freezing Some, They Freeze Great
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • mikeD
    mikeD Posts: 359 Forumite
    lil_me wrote:
    Custard is ICKY!!
    Not if you make your own m'dear!;)

BTW have purchased said weetabix, whatever that is. Am waiting opportunity to get at cooker to try out the recipe.:D
  • jaxxy00
    jaxxy00 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Im afraid ive only just seen this thread but im soooo pleased everyone is still enjoying the brownies (not too many at a time i hope if youre watching the waistline like me ;) )

Cant believe Martin put it in the weekly email, they are becoming quite famous now :D . If i get the chance to go back there i will have to tell the lady the story of her recipe and how well known by so many it has become. Its really nice to share and pass down the old ways of doing things which is part of what this site is all about. Its part of the family and its great :T

Btw Martin im a she :D I hope youre feeling a bit better than you were and youre not spending tonight huddled with your duvet on the bathroom floor. Get well soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure