I'm fat, my daughter has nits and I've ran out of money.

Comments

• You made me laugh and thats priceless! Have you thought about writing a book to pay off your debt? You seem to have a natural talent for it! Keep on smiling. Bring back the nit nurse!! lol x
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hun chin up and when you feel up to it post a full SOA on here and let us see what we can do to help you with the finances :)
    I'm hardly a Kate Moss myself but at size 16 I too would love to loose a tad more ;)
    Anywho - I know 2 primary scholl teachers and both of them swear by tying hair up and hair spray! Also speak to the school because if she is getting re-infested then they need to deal with this on a school level! You can clear as many nits as you like but she will get re-infested if the root of the problem is not sorted :)

Anyway it's late and I'm tired but do post an SOA and I'll have a crack (as I am sure others will) in the morning :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    kenshaz wrote:
    Weight can be lost and nits can be cured,and you can be debt free,so just be glad that you have some-one that loves you,and you have no real problems,because your children are well and happy
    Kenshaz, you are so right, thanks for pointing out the obvious. I actually don't usually get very upset, I am really genuinely a positive person, but you know what it all just got too much today and I suppose my knack of just getting on with it faltered. But as it has been said before, tomorrow's another day and I'll pick myself up, dry my socks and get on with it. I really appreciate everyones support and all your comments.I will try to get on with my SOA, my diet, exercise plan, total nit destruction and CCJ appeal, promise, just not tonight cos it's been a bit of a day and a half, big friendly wave to you all and I'll be back on soon.Tarah.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Hi Triker - nothing really to add, but just wanted to say hello :hello: and welcome, and your posts have really made me giggle, so thanks for that. You sound like you've got the determination and the sense of humour to be a sucessful Debt-Free Nerd! There IS light at the end of the tunnel (and no, it's not just a bl**dy big debt train hurtling down the tracks at you :)). As some of the others have mentioned, post your soa and let the hardened [STRIKE]criminals[/STRIKE] DFWs have a look at it - I'm sure you will get some fantastic suggestions! Take care, good luck with the nits! Love Snaggles xx
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • Triker wrote:
    fridge has partially defrosted and there was I, all cheered by your lovely comments, when freezing cold water seeped through my socks. Brilliant. Breathe in, breathe out. Toodlepip for now and thanks again.

I had the opposite problem the other night . Got up to make my breakfast in the morning to find that everything, I mean everything in the fridge was frozen solid. Had to throw away my lettuce and cucumber, my tomoatoes and peppers were only could for bolognaise. i've never seen a completely frozen whole tomato. It was a bit like a tomato golf ball. Could probably have played a round before it burst, they were that solid.
    "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." Mark Twain
  • bommer
    bommer Posts: 194 Forumite
    hiya, felt the same but he ho positive thoughts.

Nits - Don't like dirty hair - stop washing it so often! and invest in a comb better than any potion - mse once you've got it no need for any expensive potions from the chemist that don't work....

Fat- who cares! everybody loves you whatever size. If not just get on the mse tread mill and over to the mse old style and plan your meals to presision. Save money and loose pounds, walk everywhere and save mone on petrol and plan plan plan.

Why not combine your bills with other half if the old him and me is in operation and fight the debt together - sorry the old "we wanna be tegether" just popped into mind!
  • Triker wrote:
    Hello, think I'm having my lightbulb moment.Been in tears most of today, have gone from being fairly pleased with myself midweek having been really careful with my money to sobbing my eyes out today when I went to the cash machine and am am overdrawn on my £3000.00 overdraft and won't get paid until the end of the month.Really felt that I'd started to get a grip on my finances. Had a huge sort out last weekend of stuff for ebay, cleared loads of junk from my compulsive shopping. This used to happen regularly set off by thoughts such as, oh the house needs cleaning, I know instead of cleaning it I'll go out and buy something that will magically transform my messy home into.......a more cluttered, messy home.As a generally upbeat and positive person I've compiled a list of positives and negatives.Negatives= being overdrawn on overdraft.No savings.My daughter has nits.......well if I cast my mind back it's hard to think of a time when she hasn't had nits. Seemed to stem from nursery and I don't think there has been many times that I have managed to get her completely clear without the next hairwash finding more of the b@ggers. Before you all say 'ugh', I promise you I have tried everything, every lotion, potion, oil, chemical and nit zapper going. Short of shaving her head or napalming her hair I have to carry on regardless. Always clears in the hols but when back at school or when she plays with some other kids it starts again.I'm fat, yes I truly am. I am point blank refusing to buy any more clothes (actually have no choice as have no money) but if I had the option then I wouldn't. Was a happy size 12/14 many centuries ago, something happened (think it was connected to excess food consumption in some way !!) and erm well I'm fat and fed up. Of the mountain of clothes that I left, I think only 3 items fit.I have about £8000 credit card debt and a CCJ.Can appeal my CCJ but haven't quite got round to it probably because I'm disorganised and lazy. (Reminder to self please give (me) a strong kick up the b-m)Can't get smilies or any gaps in my postings to work so this is going to look like one great big paragraph.Positives. lovely hubby who has given me £300 to try to clear the overdrawnness on my overdraft. Says will support me throughout the rest of the month, financially.Two lovely children along with lovely hubby, nuff said, love them all to bits.A house to sell as soon as I can get down to it (I live 250 miles away)have booked leave from work and will be going to sort out getting it on the market in next 2 weeks.Our cat, who loves me whether I'm fat and skint or not.Brackets, I love them (do you?) they are all I've got as I have no smilies.MSE, my new addiction, great 'ere innit?Right I'm off, feel a lot better for getting that lot off my (ample) chest, sending you all a wry smile and a 'right I'm going to get on with it' look. Cheerio

Well at least there aren't any dull moments in your house! ;)
  • hankc35 wrote:
    EWwwww I'm not fat, its my glands!!!

So whats your excuse for being an a$$hole then? :confused:
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Yey, I've finally got the thanks button to work, :T hahahahaha and the smilies :D night night all :j

oh bum the thanks button isn't working after all, smilies are though, or apparently not now they won't work now how wierd, grrr, I give up
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • You are having a really bad time.
    Big is always beautiful:A
    My children have just passed through the 'nit phase' and are now older. We tried everything. I guess everything does work but our children seem to attract the class 'nit carrier' like a magnet and keep getting re-infected. Can the class teacher or school help ? A short memo to all parents to look out for nits during the next term may prompt more parents to look at their childrens hair :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure