Great 'Best Value Artificial Trees' Hunt

Comments

• Don't suppose anyone has any of the others from B&Q, such as the 7ft Vermont? Its so hard to tell what these trees are like just looking at a photo, we really want a nice full one but now those Eigers are sold out! Any help appreciated!
    "One owl, get outta here! Two owls - now thats a party!"

• Jummy
    Jummy Posts: 692 Forumite
    I've just maqnaged to hunt down one of the Eiger Trees at my local B & Q.
    I did buy a 6ft pre lit tree from Argos today @ £52 and the lights dont work so its going back tomorrow.Plus it looks nothing like the pic on the Argos website.
    I have spent weeks looking for a fab tree and am losing the will to live cos i cannot find the perfect tree:eek:
  • Jummy
    silvertree wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone has any of the others from B&Q, such as the 7ft Vermont? Its so hard to tell what these trees are like just looking at a photo, we really want a nice full one but now those Eigers are sold out! Any help appreciated!

Keep a lookout for the Eiger tree as my local B&Q had new stock in today.
    I've got mine now but haven't put it up yet.
  • We bought a beautiful tree a few years ago in town and last year the blue lights on (L.E.D)the branches stopped chasing round if you know what I mean? But it is still a lovely tree so we have kept it and it is up again this year and still looks great.
    Do a little kindness every day.;)
  • Jummy
    edited 3 December 2009 at 10:15PM
    Hi!
    Just wanted to say thanks to the peeps who recommended the Eiger tree from B&Q.
    Hubby just put ours up and it looks bloody fab!!!
    Really,really,really pleased with it...it was well worth £49,I would have glady paid more for it.
    Only thing we did do was saw a bit off the bottom pole as the tree was just a tad too high but it looks ok now.
    :)
  • jennikitten
    jennikitten Posts: 402 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2009 at 10:15PM
    I bought an Asda Smart Price tree for £1! Doesn't look too bad, it's 2ft if you want a cheapy one for an extra display or a spare table somewhere.

Asda has pretty good trees in black, silver or green for £3 as well. Apparently 3ft but look taller to me!
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Mine was an el-cheapo absolute base range (think I paid like £20 for it) one from Homebase a couple of years ago - has survived a psychotic feline tripod's attempts to bat all the baubles off (a disabled cat hanging off the bottom branches makes a certain uniquely classy tree ornament) and climb it for a good few years now and, considering how little I paid for it - looks about as good as any of the more expensive ones around.

Might trade it in for a slimline one next year though as, depending where I live, it takes up a lot of the room (I don't tend to fold the branches at the back next to the wall down fully to reduce how far into the room it comes). Plus I fancy a change - had blue and silver for a good few years now (I'm one of these tree control freaks who doesn't allow anything that ruins the colour scheme on the tree - unlike my mum who has a tree ornament from every holiday she's ever been on).

Now I need some more good silver or dark blue tinsel for it - had some gorgeous stuff from the now great departed Woolies - but not enough when I decided I couldn't be bothered doing the draped beads on it this year for once. Can't find similar quality tinsel anywhere at a price I'm prepared to pay.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • focus has all trees on up to 50% off the longer u wait the cheaper they will become but just beware your fave may sell out.
    also they go to silly prices xmas eve and after i buy mine in the sale every year (decs that is)
  • I had a look in homebase and wasn't impressed with what they had left so headed to B7Q. They do have some gorgeous trees, but being on a budget I got a decent 6ft tree fro £16.98

6ft Woodland Pine

Cheap and nice up, and not as sparse as some I've seen.
  • rosalie-lavender
    rosalie-lavender Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2009 at 3:40PM
    John lewis have their reversible tree reduced to half price on their website.

http://www.johnlewis.com/230487436/Product.aspx?SearchTerm=RecentlyViewedList
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure