The Guilty Pleasure Thread

Options

Comments

• In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    I wish I could say that I was a shining example of a DFW but I'd be lying. Seriously thinking of changing my sig to "I can resist anything except temptation!" I am 100% better than I was and make considered buys now rather than purely spontanious ones! I love craft stuff but havent gt any for months, just started running (cos I thought it was cheap - yeah right!) so have to get some stuff but when I do I take time to research & get the cheapest & with cashback! I find it almost impossible to say no to red wine but also thinking of giving up for a while as feel better when I dont drink...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• mrsspendalot
    Options
    Mine and DH's has to be Indian takeaways. £18.75 a time. We love them though. We have to be strict with ourselves. Having one next weekend with some friends ;) Yummmmmmm
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • webitha
    webitha Posts: 4,799 Forumite
    Options
    Mine and DH's has to be Indian takeaways. £18.75 a time. We love them though. We have to be strict with ourselves. Having one next weekend with some friends ;) Yummmmmmm

mine is similar not the indian meals just the chicken chat and onion bahjis
    the indian near me does THE best bahjis i have ever tasted
    but they are sooo cheap chicken chat £2:00 bahjis £1:00 for 4 yummy
    If we can put a man on the moon...how come we cant put them all there?

• dsljfreeman
    Options
    Well my weakness has to be magazines, at one point it was almost an addiction, I can laugh about it now but I was spending so much on them every month it wasn't funny at all.

Now I only buy 1 gossipy magazine a week at a cost of £1.10, plus I buy the Pregnancy and Birth magazine every month (don't know how much it is)

Hubby's weakness has to be lager, he will only buy himself 4 cans every Saturday to watch Gillette Soccer Saturday whereas before he would easily get through crate upon crate.
    :j Bankrupt 6th October 2009 :j
    :beer: To a Debt-free Future :beer:
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    Sky+ - seriously I could not go back to life with adverts, what a waste of time!

And DVDs, but in my defence, I hardly ever buy one over £5 so they are always bargains and I get my Quidco whenever possible!
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    chocolate, lambrini and anything for my girls...
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Mine has to be buying clothes for my little girl and handbags. Although I haven't bought any of them since my LBM :D
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    red wine and dark chocolate.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• Craft stuff is definitely mine. Am currently making stained glass jars and votives as extra pressies for xmas. Red wine would be on there but boyfriend brings that indulgence with him:beer:
    :DA smile costs nothing to give but enriches those it is given to!:D
  • cat4772
    cat4772 Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Options
    Mine has to be Radley bags. I adore their signature bags but thankfully will only buy 1 (or two) a year.

Cat,x
    DFW Nerd Club #545 Dealing With Our Debt
    :onever attribute anything to malice which can be adequately explained by stupidity, [paranoia or ignorance] - ZTD&[cat]
    :othe thing about unwritten laws is that everyone has to agree to them before they can work - *louise*

March GC £113.53 / £325
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport