The Guilty Pleasure Thread

It's my first (non-diary) thread so take it easy! :o

What is your Kryptonite? Your Achilles heel, if you will?

We're all amazingly strong-willed DFW's (well we like to think so, anyway ;) ) but what is the thing you're most likely to splurge out on.

Mine is a baguette from the local baguette shop. £2.60 of pure yumminess! Crab flakes, onions and Chinese Chicken to be exact! Everything else I've given up, apart from that!

threadbanner.gif
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

Comments

• Ooh, great idea for a thread :T .

Mine is craft magazines/books, or wool to make up some of the patterns in them. Which, of course, I never finish. I try to fulfil my addiction via eBay so I'm only buying second hand/cheap and with money I've raised by flogging my stuff, but still.

Finishing a project gives me the same kind of thrill as finishing up another bottle of 'bargain' shampoo from my stash, and they both happen just as frequently i.e. almost never :rotfl: .
    I joined the 21k debt free in 2 years head to head challenge 12 December 06
    Started at £20,170.01 December 06
    Currently...£4,687.21
  • I guess OH and I have one each.....

Mine is relatively new.... I have fallen in love with the Liz Earle 3 step cleansing routine. It is quite expensive (altho I used to use clinique, so I won't notice too much asthey're about the same price), but if my face feels completely different!

OH's is defiantely Sky... I could live without it easily, but he loves watching tv!

Sarah x
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • Mine's gotta be beer, especially when peer presure's involved!
  • HBFS
    HBFS Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    Mine's gotta be beer, especially when peer presure's involved!

That was mine too. Been off the booze for 2 weeks now and missing it, but not the loss of cash!

Oh and I can't resist the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte! But in my defence, it comes round only once a year!
    Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
  • HBFS wrote: »
    That was mine too. Been off the booze for 2 weeks now and missing it, but not the loss of cash!

Oh and I can't resist the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte! But in my defence, it comes round only once a year!

Tell me about it, the amount I waste on beer each month is shocking!

Well done on the 2 weeks, might give it a go myself after xmas!
  • Mine is Haribo Tangfest sweeties. I am addicted, will probably cost me a fortune in dental bills in years to come though. :o
    Second and final LBM 01/01/11 Nearly got there but fell of wagon. HAVE to do it this time :mad:
  • Mine is the supermarket - generally!! (hence I try to have the shopping delivered as much as I can so I don't buy anything that isn't on the list!)
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mine are chocolate and craft stuff.
  • rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    It's magazines for me.

I usually spend around £5 a month on magazines.

This isn't a large total, but the mags I buy are all celebrity-gossip type mags. They include the same gossip that I can read on my lunch-break online, for free!

However, I just love lying on my bed reading them!
  • Red wine :(
    And bargains.... eg biscuits - can't resist a 2 for 1 - then the kids just eat them in double quick time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure