IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Former_MSE_Rose
Former_MSE_Rose Posts: 128 Forumite
edited 6 February 2013 at 1:46PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, this thread is specifically to discuss the Parking Ticket Appeals guide.

If you've used the tips in the guide to appeal against a council, police or Transport For London parking ticket, please let us know how you've got on below.

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks,

MSE Rose

Comments

• I received a parking ticket because the front wheel of my car was left turned at an angle after I had parked and was over the white line although not impeding any other parking space. This was a council run car park and perhaps a new zealous car park attendant had just started work there because numerous cars were targetted.
    I had a problem with my car as the suspension failed as I parked and I didn't want to continue with driving to straighten it up. I also scrutinised the ticket and found that my car had been wrongly identified as a 'Reliant'. I wrote to the council, firstly to advise that there had been a problem with the car steering and secondly to suggest that they perhaps in fact had the incorrect car as my car was not a Reliant. Result - parking fine cancelled, although they did not specify which reason applied.
  • RENEGADE_2
    RENEGADE_2 Posts: 948 Forumite
    Good news that they did this.
    Mind you, if they get the make wrong, they will have problems when it comes to sending out letters to keeper. Unless they took photos but all of this puts question marks on the competence of the parking officer.
  • i received a parking ticket in stockport outside B&M store (a private car park) for parking in a disabled space which i did not realise, when i came out a man in a suit who was stood infront of my car when i first pulled up was writing details of my car and handed me a ticket, VP PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD asking for half price payment 70.50 within 14days if not paid it would be 94 pound

PLEASE HELP - i feel like the man who issued me this ticket would have had the decency to just inform me that i was in a disabled space!

I was told that i cannot be issued with a parking ticket in a private can park? please someone get back to me
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    JordEO wrote: »
    i received a parking ticket in stockport outside B&M store (a private car park) for parking in a disabled space which i did not realise, when i came out a man in a suit who was stood infront of my car when i first pulled up was writing details of my car and handed me a ticket, VP PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD asking for half price payment 70.50 within 14days if not paid it would be 94 pound

PLEASE HELP - i feel like the man who issued me this ticket would have had the decency to just inform me that i was in a disabled space!

I was told that i cannot be issued with a parking ticket in a private can park? please someone get back to me

It would be best if you started your own thread.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • thanks, how is that done im new to this.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Go to the top of this page,click on the link "Parking Ticket, Fines and Parking".

When the new page opens you will see a button on the top LHS "New Thread". Click on that, and away you go.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How is half of £90, £70.50?
  • In PPC world, anything is possible, except en forcible tickets that is.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Hi all, I have just receieved a, CONTRACTUAL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE,
    FOR £95.00,after shopping in sports direct store in Burton on Trent.
    if any one could give me advise to pay or not to pay please?????
  • Have a good read of all the posts on this forum and you will see that not to pay and to ignore is the advice.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure