PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• espresso21
    espresso21 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Mothership, I just read your recipe and now I'm hungry! It sounds delish and not too expensive either.
    I have several good recipes too - do we just post them on here or put them on a recipe thread? That's if anyone wants them of course!
  • toddles*
    toddles* Posts: 362 Forumite
    A huge thank you to Hippeechiq for the link to the diabetes thread. your an angel :A

spent another £10.50 in MrS this morning, just a top up shop, things for my new sugar-free lifestyle.

off to up date my sig now
    Happy days
  • Cleosmum
    Cleosmum Posts: 2,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, I really need to be here again as my grocery budget has fallen by the wayside and I just keep popping into Sainsburys to buy bits and coming out £20 lighter almost daily on top of a weekly shop :( On plus side I am still using mysupermarket to check things for weekly shop and most top up shops but still not good enough!

Please put me down for £400 usually do 1st to the end of the month so will try and work out what I have spent so far! We have no money until 17th but a full freezer so hoping it will be much less! I have an asda shop due tomorrow for £26 but not sure I can count it as the money will be reimbursed?! What do you think?
  • crockpot
    crockpot Posts: 631 Forumite
    Well Mr S has just brought my shopping and I am not a happy bunny.

Delivery man noticed that a large pot was rotten so they had to go back, we were having bangers and mash tonight!

Then found dishwasher cleaner had leaked and 2 out of my 3 onions were rotten aswell!

Not feeling too good but rung them up-free phone No at least, they will refund the problem items and credit me £5 in an e voucher for next shop!!

Did order some baking pots so might have them with the bangers instead.

But on the upside cupboards and freezer full, plus fridge and spent £58.58
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    CherryPie wrote: »
    It's only the 6th, and I'm already not gonna make it!! :eek:

Consoling myself with the fact I've had a couple of good months. Stopped meal planning, so shouldn't be surprised really! Back on that wagon today. Have cupboards full of food and i'm on hols this week so batch cooking it is!

And staying away from T3scos!!!!!!

Keep going Cherry Pie this is whatI have done in past then given up for rest of month then back to old ways before you know it have pullled myself back few times now:o I am still trying to keep to total myself got full cupboards too so hopefully will come in around total fingers crossed
    Mothership Lasagne recipe sounds yummy
    Frugal challenge 2024

• Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    espresso21 wrote: »
    Mothership, I just read your recipe and now I'm hungry! It sounds delish and not too expensive either.
    I have several good recipes too - do we just post them on here or put them on a recipe thread? That's if anyone wants them of course!

Post them here, there's a lovely lady who puts them in the index for us.:)

I stole the recipe from a chef, I helped him with a do and watched what he put in it, he used concentrated sundried tomato puree (eee! its expensive.) A jar of Aldi's blitzed works just as well, frying the garlic and onions in the oil from the jar was my own slant on the recipe. It makes LOADS I've got 4 portions for the freezer and gave 3 to a wee pensioner friend who doesn't eat very well + 3 for dinner, 10 portions in all good sized ones too. I think it worked out about 42p per portion.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    hi...just got back from asd$...:eek: at prices...they seem to change (ie go up) almost daily....i used to just wander around putting what we needed in a trolley...now it takes ages checking what all the options cost...i think one week iv got a product sussed eg what is the cheapest...then next week its all change and another product is better...also whoopsies in asd£ seem to have got pathetic...hardly marking down at all

have just finished up a pineapple upside down pudding i made at he weekend...lidl do fab pineapples...huge and cost 99p or a quid cant remember exactly

take care
    tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    owch - car repar bill means I've had to shave this month budget down to £200 - think we shoudl be ok due to well stocks freezer/ cipboard and hens now laying.

20.80 at adli at the weekend inc 2 cheeky bottles of alcoholic ginger beer to get over the shock at the garage.

Running total £58.63, will need some fruit later in the week though
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    just back from tesco, only needed a few bits but got extra bits aswell :( spent £13.42 so still not doing too bad i suppose, i need desil tho which isn't gonna help my bank balance much
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • crockpot
    crockpot Posts: 631 Forumite
    Well spent £3.97 at Aldi but only managed to get jersey royals for 49p and not proper pots-too much money, never mind will do them as roast and make some bread, so bangers, roast jersey royals, yorkies, carrots and peas for tea!

Also choc brownies as not allowing myself to buy any sweet crap this month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure