PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

what can i do with muesli??

Comments

• julesgr
    julesgr Posts: 657 Forumite
    Use it with butter as alternative "cheesecake base"
    Weight loss since 01/08/07 - 72 lbs:j
  • aimme13
    aimme13 Posts: 458 Forumite
    Hi thanks for your quick replies, i thought i may be able to use them for flapjacks (it looked the same?!) think thats why i picked them up.....but as i said i am still learning form all this 'making it myself' stuff........to be honest only heard of muesli as a breakfast creal and hadnt actually thought about what was in them?!? (oh dear think ill quit now!!)....will have a go and see how they come out.....and if im brave may try some with yoghurt for breakie.....thanks again for all you ideas.......anymore also appreciated.

just looked at the link, recipe for muesli slice looks yummy will try it at the weekend.....thanks again
  • filigree_2
    filigree_2 Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Cheaper brands of muesli sometimes have milk powder added to them as a bulking agent. If you sieve the muesli that'll get rid of the milk powder, leaving the proper sized oats and fruit behind. After that I agree with the other posters, you can probably use the muesli instead of oats in a flapjack recipe. Give it a try anyway, it's fun to experiment with cooking sometimes :D
  • I bought a huge bag of muesli from tesco (salt and sugar free) - but dont like it as a cereal.

I cant bear to throw it all away

Any recipes for cakes / biscuits etc would be great.

many thanks in advance

failing that the birds will be happy
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi, Kitty. How about adding it to crumble, or use in Weetabix cake.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • kate83
    kate83 Posts: 290 Forumite
    You can use it in a flapjack recipe instead of oats.
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    You certainly can. I made a bag of Alpen into flapjacks last week. They browned a bit quicker than normal flapjacks, but were very tasty.
  • kasper
    kasper Posts: 18 Forumite
    You can make really tasty porridge out of muesli as well. You may need to add more oats if it isn't very oaty. Just cook it like you normally cook porridge.
  • Curv
    Curv Posts: 2,572 Forumite
    I've found about 3/4 of a bag of this at the back of a cupboard. I didn't really like it, hence it got shoved to the back. There's no BB date on it - does anyone know how long this stuff lasts for?

Also, in true OS style (so to speak!) does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do with it to use it up, assuming it's not so badly out of date I'd be poisoning us all.

Cheers m'dears :D

Curv x
    Things I wouldn't say to your face

Not my real name
  • lin473
    lin473 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Most cereals have a shelf life of about a year,I think.
    They do go stale quicker once opened though.
    I would use it to make flapjack if it were me - even if it is a bit stale if you cook it ,it will taste fine.
    Might be wrong though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport