PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 13th July 2019

2»

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all
    Boring is good !! To me this means no rushing about trying to fit everything in and plodding along nicely :D.
    Today I have stripped the bed and put the bedding in the WM. I hope it will dry as it's grey skies here, with a blustery wind. I will remake the bed later and chase the dust around the bedroom too.
    I also need to sort out the alcove in our bedroom, it's where we keep a lot of the van stuff and it's just all been thrown in since last week :o.
    Don't think anything needs doing, so it will be just a general pottering about for the rest of Saturday.
    I think tea tonight will be a spanish omelette as there are a few bits that need using up from the fridge, mushrooms, peppers etc. and we'll have a side salad with it.

Thinking of the poorly people, those struggling with daily problems and the MIAs.
    Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I wish I had time to be bored :) ,although today is going to be a relaxing one ,just got a cake to make for my son-in-law as he is a good egg :) then its feet up and a bit of tennis Enjoyed the semi's yesterday and tomorrows match would be hard to choose as they are both amazing players I was glad The Fed got through as there is something about him that I love watching when he is on,he never seems to get flustered at all.
    Got a good bit of my charity blanket done and my two DDs approve of the tennis as its about the only thing that keeps me with my feet up and relaxing :)
    DGS Henry's yard has moved so from next monday morning we will have to drive a bit further for him for work so I will be up even earlier as its a 10 mile journey each way, but I only have to do it for another 22 days then I am off on my holidays next month and I certainly won't be driving once I am back on the IoW my DD can do it for a change :)

I am slowly starting to eat down the fridge as well as the freezer so it will be empty by the time I go.No shopping today at least although after I dropped DGS Jack at his work this morning I had to top up the car.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend and <<hugs >> if your not feeling too bright eyed and bushy tailed at the moment

Take care chums

JackieO xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Another fine and dry day here today. Steve is going to bath the dogs in a bit and take them out for a long walk. Bobby has the horrible habit of rolling in anything nice and smelly he can find so it is a matter of urgency that he gets a scrub.

There is pork in the slow cooker ready to be 'pulled' later on and we will serve it in a bun with wedges and coleslaw. Steve has cut off the skin and fat and make a big bowl of pork scratchings for himself. I would love one but can't risk it because of my rubbish teeth.

Steve has to finish off the flooring by putting the door pieces in and then it is all done. Jemima's friend came and got rid of all the household bits and pieces we didn't want and I just have a couple of boxes and bags of stuff for the charity shop to go out. I love this decluttering lark, it is good for my soul.

Our super duper cleaner came over yesterday for an 8 hour deep clean and the house looks wonderful. Hopefully we will be able to keep more on top of it now with fortnightly top ups from the cleaner. It was so nice to go to bed in a clean and tidy room but unfortunately I still didn't sleep for very long as my legs are sore again.

Right, I'm off to drink my cup of tea, hope you all have a brilliant weekend whatever you are doing. Take care all xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just had to pop my head around the door ,just heard via my granddaughter that her new baby due on New Years Eve will be another little girl :) a little sister for my little great granddaughter Erin :):):)

JackieO xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    TA - ah, Bridlington! Lovely place.

AOD - they do the one on the back page of The Times first and then spend the rest of week cracking the Jumbo. They finished the first one today within an hour so are busy chatting an eating Danish pastries. It's all really good for DM as they have been friends for almost 40 years. She is in her day clothes though on her bed as the humidity is making her even more breathless.

RR - well done on the continuing weight loss - I'm jealous of your will power.

Dumpling - now I'm jealous of your decluttering efforts. My fingers are itching here and I've been brought to a stop.

JackieO - great news about the family.

I've scanned all the piles of paperwork from the banks, three identical letters from one bank is so annoying. Anyway, the paper is now shredded and filling up the recycling bag which I just emptied this morning. Such is life.

I've ordered a couple of second hand books from Amazon. Whilst I was drinking my coffee in Waitrose this morning I saw someone reading a book by one of my favourite authors which I didn't know about. Now it's on the way to me.

I hope that everyone is doing well.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi all. We have been out for a lot of the day. We went to Nailsea and had breakfast in the 'spoons there. Then we browsed the shops and i boight a top and skirt. A visit was made to Tosco for some bits and pieces.too.

After all that we sat in the garden with a cool drink.

I have just cooked dinner which was lentil bolognese. I add mushrooms and carrots and sometimes celery whizzed up in the food processor.

Gers glad your Mum enjoyed her afternoon. Dumpling your cleaner sounds brilliant. Sorry your legs are sore.

Well hugs and spoons to all. Have a good evening folks.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family