PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thursday 11th July 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dp1, what good news.

Gers, some pieces of vintage haberdashery are quite sought after - things like old spools of sylko thread, so don't throw things out without checking.

Our visitors will be arriving later but everything is ready so we're just taking it easy at the moment.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    snoozer wrote: »

Gers, some pieces of vintage haberdashery are quite sought after - things like old spools of sylko thread, so don't throw things out without checking.

Thanks for that snoozer - I'll make sure before doing anything though I think most are Coats.

I've done two loads of washing including my bed linen. The cleaner helped me turn my mattress as I'd forgotten how heavy it is.

DM almost got up and dressed although a trip to the bathroom exhausted her enough to pop back under the duvet.

The threatened thunderstorm has not yet arrived, maybe it'll skirt round this part of the west coast. I hope that everyone is safe and dry.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all
    Just a quick check in as we have been up Dad's all day and just got home. I was Mrs "top to bottom " Cleaner and I also changed his bedding. Mr fix It was supposed to clean Dad's conservatory roof. Unfortunately the outside water tap burst when turned on, so he had to do a plumbing job on it instead and remove the burst pipe, then put in a new piece..... typical, nothing ever seems to run smoothly lately.
    DGD's concert yesterday was fabulous, probably the best one they have done, but I came home and I had the " Stella the Starfish and the Baby Shark " songs in my head for hours :rotfl:
    Dad will be coming over for tea in a mo, we'll have fish pie , Mr Fix It will have a chicken and mushroom slice.
    Hugs to all today. Take care and I'll " see " you tomorrow.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure