Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beemarman
    • By beemarman 18th Jun 19, 7:22 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 9Thanks
    beemarman
    Amazon Lost my package and now refusing to refund!
    • 18th Jun 19, 7:22 AM
    Amazon Lost my package and now refusing to refund! 18th Jun 19 at 7:22 AM
    Help please!

I ordered a high value item from Amazon costing 1800. Because of the value of the item it said on their site that it needed a signature upon delivery.

I wasn’t in when it was delivered, and the right thing for the delivery man to have done was to take the item back to the depot and then try delivery it again.

Instead the idiot left it in my bin, and then left a 'Sorry we missed you note' to tell me it was in my bin.

Unfortunately, my bin got emptied the next morning. When I got in, I saw the note, went to the bin and it was empty.

Contacted Amazon and they’re saying because the item was delivered to the right address, they’re not going to refund or replace the item.

How the hell can they expect me to be out of pocket in the tune of 1800 when the mistake wasn’t my faulty? I’m not denying the item was delivered to the right address. It was, but it shouldn’t have been left without a signature, let alone put in the bin.

Luckily, I bought the item using my Credit card, and have informed them. I just wanted to know if I can escalate this issue without going through the Indian based customer service that seems to be all telling me the same bull?

I really want to know how to escalate this without going through customer service. All they seem to do is put me through a department that just feeds me the same rubbish about going to the police and getting a crime number.
    Last edited by beemarman; 18-06-2019 at 7:29 AM. Reason: inccorect
Page 3
    • halogen
    • By halogen 20th Jun 19, 1:47 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    halogen
    I've had delivery drivers leave stuff in the bin. And not leave a note either.
    There are no Amazon drop boxes where I live and the post office is only open during working hours so getting things dropped off there could be tricky.

Some couriers will let you designate a safe drop off point but not all of them will then use that point.
    As for delivery window...where I live it's 12 hours and you only get the email 6 hours into it.

Why would anyone think a bin was a safe place?
    • Omywordno1
    • By Omywordno1 20th Jun 19, 2:57 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Omywordno1
    Do you have cctv maybe you can send the recording to amazon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

791Posts Today

6,873Users online

Martin's Twitter