Virgin Money ISA

Options
Started opening this account last Saturday to transfer a cash isa from another provider.
Instructions said accounts opened on a weekend would be opened by Tuesday - well I have a sort code and account number but the account is not yet active so I can't start the transfer process.

Anybody else with an account with them? Just want to know if this is the norm with them?
I have sent them a message asking the same thing - got an automated reply saying they will be in touch in 2 business days.
Thanks

Comments

• tappet_rattle
    Options
    Yep it’s normal. I opened one in January and the e mail confirmation said ‘next working day’. I then did a small amount transfer to make sure the money hit the account ok before transferring the rest.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Caveat: you shouldn't be withdrawing cash from one ISA to deposit in the new one, if that's is suggested in your OP. You will lose the ISA status of the money if you do. You arrange the transfer by request to the new provider.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your OP.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Caveat: you shouldn't be withdrawing cash from one ISA to deposit in the new one, if that's is suggested in your OP. You will lose the ISA status of the money if you do. You arrange the transfer by request to the new provider.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your OP.

The account is now fully opened.
    The ISA with Virgin needed to be opened first then when the account was 'live' you can fill in the ISA transfer form.
    No monies have been withdrawn from the existing ISA by me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure