From Chaos to Eternity

Options

Comments

• Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Welcome!

You'll get loads of help and advice from this lot-they saved me from a pit of despair!

(can someone please explain Flylady to me?)

Bunny

Hey Bunny

I think you'll find information on Fly Lady over on the Old Style board. I might be wrong but I think the general gist is to break the cleaning down into 15 minute chunks, blitz your chosen area/task for those 15 minutes so it all seems more manageable and less chore like. I could be wrong though, I must admit I haven't given it much attention as I am a bit slovenly from time to time :o
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • Swishter
    Swishter Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your messages and support - it really helps.

I think my head is in the right place at the moment, its not been in the past and I think I have crippled myself by trying to do too much and setting myslef up for failure. Right now I feel it is straight in my head that I can't just wake up tomorrow and start doing everything perfectly. But I can start making small acheivable steps and building new habits and over time they will add up to big things. I don't expect I can solve all my problems in the next three months but I can make a big difference in establishing good habits so the bad times are well behind me.

I am actually pretty excited by the prospect of turning 30, its like a new start, a new time of fresh challenges.

notanothergreyhair - maybe we can do it together, help motivate each other when things are tough?

Bunny - https://www.flylady.net will tell you all you need to know. There is a thread on the OS board but I think I need to get more established before i'm at their level, they scare me they are so organised!

Swish
    xx
  • Swishter
    Options
    Molanole wrote: »
    I hit the big 3-0 two weeks ago and I never imagined I would be like this (pale, [STRIKE]fat[/STRIKE] ahem voluptuous, tired, needing to visit the gym a [STRIKE]bit[/STRIKE] lot more) either. I always thought I would be like a chic Parisienne, all sleek hair, pencil skirts and heels, elegantly drinking coffee outside a cute little cafe, reading Le Monde.

Yes I think my plans where very similar, plus a flash car and flat and lots of travel to exotic places! :rolleyes:
  • oojakapipi
    oojakapipi Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Swishter,

What a great set of goals!

Thanks for making us aware of flylady, was just looking at the chaos around me and wondering where to start!

I turned 30 a few years ago and everyone said that I should prepare myself for the turning-30-meltdown, well, it never happened! It's great being in your 30's, this is how it went for me:

became more sensible/realistic about my future/finances.

stopped beating myself up for not looking like a catwalk model.

stopped wasting so much money on make-up, clothes, shoes that promised to make me look like a catwalk model.

stopped fantazising about pulling up in the sexy little soft-top, long silky hair gently tossed by the breeze, and decided that my sensible 10 year old Polo is all I need, and the advert-quality hair is unachievable!

became more realistic about what constitutes the 'perfect' man.

became less critical in general.

stopped worrying about what I eat, discovered that healthy eating means actually eating something!

became much more comfortable about who I am, how I look.

So, congratulations on the great decade you are about to join! :beer:
  • notanothergreyhair
    Options
    Swishter wrote: »

notanothergreyhair - maybe we can do it together, help motivate each other when things are tough?

That works for me. I have to admit that I do not have any specific aims just yet for the next 101 days, but rather general areas I would like to get to. Think of it like snooker, a player wants the cue ball to end up in a region of the table after each shot as they know a specific millimeter of the cloth is unrealistic.

So, I will go off and scribble down some targets for the next week which will move me a few steps closer towards the finishing area. I will post them later.
    :p I'm the only gay in this forum :p
    *Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads*
  • james32_uk
    james32_uk Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Options
    What a fantastic post from Swishter! May I wish her all the very best and stay with it! You know, I think you've spurred me on to do a bit of life-sorting too!

Debt as at 12th July 2006 - £61,345 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Debt free 21st Oct 2011.

All thanks to :money:
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wanna get sorted now too!

Ohhhhhhh please do post the 101 day challenge. I think that would be fantastic for other people, as well as yourself. I for one would definitely be on there.

I'll confess I've got a lot of things in my head that I wish I could achieve by the time I'm 30, admittedly I'm not there just yet but like you've said, your 20's are over in the blink of an eye.

I've not yet thought of what I can do within 101 days, whether i want to totally achieve them within 101 days or be well on my way, but Im certainly going to sit down with a cup of tea and a biscuit and think about it....
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You've got it right from a 'diet' point of view aswell Swish. You need to change your lifestyle not going on a fad diet.

You will feel tonnes better about, and in, yourself.

And don't forget to eat breakfast! It's a great way to lose weight as it kick starts your body into burning fat! ;)

Good luck and stick around! :beer:
  • notanothergreyhair
    Options
    In which case I will start a thread shortly then CAFCGirl, just because you asked so nicely.

I don't want to take anyone away from this thread though as it was a great post by Swishster and I know full well that she can achieve everything she wants too.

...right, I'm off to think about a new thread :)
    :p I'm the only gay in this forum :p
    *Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads*
  • Swishter
    Options
    Aww thank you, and don't worry about taking anything away for me! We are all here for the same reason and thats whats important! :beer:

SS - I have so done the fad diets and i'm sick of it! I did actually join Slimming World once and whilst the diet was very good a lot of the people there had all been before and I don't want to spend my life dieting and counting calories. If that means I am always fit and healthy but never a perfect size then so be it. I'm trying to find the right balance for me. Got some lush meals for this week planned and only needed to spend £6 on salad things as I have so much in the freezer and cupboards.

A big breakfast is the way forward, i'm having lean bacon, poached egg, slice of toast and grilled toms and mushrooms this week. There is a good reason whilst I don't snack on Sunday mornings! ;)

Its been very tough but I started listing all my self help and diet books on Amazon and they are selling well. It was tough but I think it was the most carthaic thing they've done for me! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure