PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just reporting a quick 4€ spent today on fresh veg from the farmers shop.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• GreenFairy
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a suitably spooky halloween!

Can I please be added to the list? Going for €250 again this month as I'm going to start buying in bits for the holidays to save my sanity.

Much obliged :)
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • lostcause82
    Options
    Don't feel like I am doing great so far. Spent £118.50 so far and only a week and a half in! Think I need to be a bit more organised.
  • GreenFairy
    Options
    MoonJelly - have you tried your local Ald1? Mine has loaves of gluten free bread that look remarkably similar in size and weight to MrT and they're under €2. Not sure what they're like - I just made a mental note for a friend who is coeliac. Also MrT have started stocking own brand free from lasagne sheets for under €2 a box, and are very tasty.

Just in case it helps :)
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »

Have started my November with a Tosco shop. Trying desperately to eat healthier, to lose some weight and to come in on budget - am I being too ambitious :rotfl:

Coxy
    No, of course not! If anyone can do it, you can :T
    *sticks head in door tentatively*

Hi folks, sorry not been around for ages ..... unfortunately enforced emergency hospital stay wiped out a fair bit of October :( (home yesterday).
    :wave: Hello again rising... Great to see you again. Sorry you've been out of action, and hope you're soon feeling much better.
    WantToBeSE wrote: »

I am on a mission to get as much of my Christmas menu reduced as possible, so picked up some 'The Finest' carrots (was £2.25, now 25p), and froze them (to have marinaded in OJ and honey), to go with the YS sausages i picked up last week (were £2.69, now 59p) which will be soy and cranberry glazed :)
    What a brilliant idea :T
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    LannyLee wrote: »
    Am starting to take out the money in cash each week as I think that handing over the cold hard cash will make me more accountable as swiping a card doesn't quite have the same effect! :p
    and it make you use use your mind
    for me the embrassment for not having enough money to pay for the shopping makes me focus on my list and no extras lol
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £14 the other day in Mr S and £1.63 today. Wrote a shopping list for the weekend aiming to come in around £8-£12
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whoooooo - happy hallowe'en everyone :D

Budgets done to here :)

Took my aunt and uncle to lunch today - different budget - and I chose really well, so my plan to eat healthier this month is on track :A

Have everything in for the next few days so hoping to keep my purse well and truly shut!

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    Can I go for £160 as usual please??
  • minicooper272
    Options
    My new month starts tomorrow - aiming for £100 again, and I'm going to look out a tub to store all my receipts in this month! I have plenty food in atm, so will start the month off running down the freezer, as I could really use the space! And also, after the stress of a week I've had, I think this weeks food budget would be better spent on wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure