Best price for heating oil?

Options

Comments

• home-heating-oil
    Options
    I came across this http://heating-oil.blogs-uk.co.uk/golocatefuel-scam-or-really-bad/ today it poses the question over whether golocate is a scam or just unable to deliver. It may be worth adding real user experiences to help determine.
  • ROOKIE_3
    Options
    I have been reading all the posts on go locate fuel and would advise no one to trade with this company.i was told by trading standards to write to go locate and claim breach of contract which i did on 2nd nov.i payed an extra £25 to get oil as they said their supplier had let them down and this was the only way i would get it, i still never got it on the guranteed delivery day and am claiming my £25 back.up until today i have had no reply.
    In case anyone needs to contact them this is their address given to me by trading standards

go locate fuel
    global technologies
    ground floor
    newhall hey business park
    newhall hey road
    rossendale
    lancs
    bb4 6hl

companies house gave me the directors name as

mr christopher turner
    company number 05548961

this may be needed if you wish to take any complaints
    further
  • bottledbanks
    Options
    CPL Shoreham surpassed expectations and delivered fuel at 10AM this morning - the day after I ordered it for cheaper than I was paying to go locate per litre - if that is not great service then I don't know what is.
  • marujita
    Options
    manda1205 wrote: »
    Anybody else finding it strange all these new posters going on about golocate? Are you all genuine? Seems a bit weird to me???
    Maybe you should just start you're own golocate thread?

I've been waiting for a refund from Golocate fuel for the past 7 weeks!!
    They took my money at the beginning of September, promising delivery within a maximum of 10 days. It finally arrived one month later. As I had overestimated the amount of oil I needed, I had to ring them to get a refund of 152 ltrs. They promised I would get my refund if I sent them the invoice that was left my their sub contractors, I did this within a few minutes of their requesting. I am still waiting!! Now, they won't even pick up the phone!!!They only want your money in their bank account...........for as long as possible. I suggest we all make a formal complaint to the trading standards and after that, the next port of call.....WATCHDOG!
  • AD_Holland
    AD_Holland Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 November 2010 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Hi

Unfortunately my experience is similar to many quoted above on the last 2 pages. We ordered 1000L of heating oil with Go Locate at the end of September. We were led to believe that the Economy Tariff would mean delivery would take about 2 weeks. They never delivered even after 6 weeks and kept messing us around.

Shortly after placing the order we did receive email confirmation that the order had been accepted and 'routed', also our payment was debited that same day.

Three weeks later I called them to chase them up. They said they had been let down by their usual supplier but they assured us it would be delivered within 2 weeks.
    So 2 weeks later, still no delivery, and I called them to chase them up. Again I was told their supplier had let them down (not my problem, use another supplier) and it could take a further "upto 2 weeks, possibly longer, no guarantees". They also offered me a choice: upgrade to the express service, for the princely sum of £45, and supposedly I would be guaranteed delivery within 2 days. I asked to speak to a manager, but was told he was not available. To be honest the customer service was quite poor. Anyway, I said I couldn't afford to pay more money, they should just make sure it's delivered within 2 weeks from then, because we are cold!.
    So, another 2 weeks passed and they still didn't deliver, now it was early November.

At this point I did speak to a manager. Basically they refused to guarantee delivery within a further 2 weeks timeframe, or even within a month. They said I should pay more money, for the express, which is bullsh*t. They also said they could cancel and issue a refund.

The problem with cancelling such a purchase - a contract which we have already performed our end of - is that it leaves me out of pocket by approximately £25-£40, depending on how much the cost of heating oil has gone up between September and November. It is not acceptable. Our order was not an option for Go Locate to deliver, it was an obligation for them to deliver. So I told them not to cancel the order.

They have since tired of my calls and have unilaterally cancelled the order. We still have not received our refund, which basically means we have been funding the Go Locate business cashflow, as an unsecured creditor, for almost 2 months. It took them 24 hours to take our money, now it's taking them more than 10 days to refund? that is totally unacceptable, dishonourable.

We have since replaced the heating Oil, with a local contractor, he delivered 2 days later, and although the price had gone up, I ended up paying less than if I'd forked over the £45 extra to Go Locate.

Go Locate are either badly run, useless, or they left me with the feeling that they are possibly operating a scam. In our dealings with them they were dishonourable, breached contract, and breached our consumer rights. Customer service was poor, and that includes with Ben the manager.

I will make a complaint to trading standards if I am not refunded in full (ignoring the opportunity losses) by the end of this month.
    I would recommend readers to stay away from Go Locate.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If all these new contributors are real, then I have a bad feeling about Go Locate. They seem to be keeping alot of money and not paying much out, the classic way to going into dodgy administration and then you can all kiss your money goodbye.
    I'm not sure what the answer is, but if I lived close-ish I would down their offices toot sweet.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • lottiespot
    lottiespot Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 27 November 2010 at 10:41AM
    Options
    Hi All

I am having such a bad time with Go Locate that I have involved Trading Standards!!

Paid 24th October for fuel. Ran out 14th November. Had to order from another company.

Go Locate refuse to return my calls. Emails contact is pathetic. Promised a refund - still nothing.

I am going to take Civil Action through the Small Claims Court, so anyone wishing to add their experiences will be greatly appreciated!!

So frustrating!! GGRRRRRRR!!! :mad:
  • manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If all these new contributors are real, then I have a bad feeling about Go Locate. They seem to be keeping alot of money and not paying much out, the classic way to going into dodgy administration and then you can all kiss your money goodbye.
    I'm not sure what the answer is, but if I lived close-ish I would down their offices toot sweet.
    The thing is if they are real, why isnt the other golocate thread coming up in the search, cos I genuinely want to know what prices people are getting for oil at the minute, not about golocate.
    Has anyone purchased oil lately and can tell me the price's theyve been getting please, were getting a bit low and cant decide if we should get some before christmas or not. thanks.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    manda1205 wrote: »
    The thing is if they are real, why isnt the other golocate thread coming up in the search, cos I genuinely want to know what prices people are getting for oil at the minute, not about golocate.
    Has anyone purchased oil lately and can tell me the price's theyve been getting please, were getting a bit low and cant decide if we should get some before christmas or not. thanks.

Why wait till Christmas when fuel prices are going up?

Esp now theres snow on the ground the cost will increase further

Just ring around your local companies and see what the price is - if you need a benchmark - I paid 44p a litre back in October and now its 46 a litre -ordering 900 litres
  • manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Why wait till Christmas when fuel prices are going up?

Esp now theres snow on the ground the cost will increase further

Just ring around your local companies and see what the price is - if you need a benchmark - I paid 44p a litre back in October and now its 46 a litre -ordering 900 litres
    Thanks I didnt know that, we've only had our central heating just over a year, so this is only our 3rd order. This was why I was hoping people might be putting prices on here so I could gauge if it was going up, as Im sure someone earlier said it had gone down recently. I have rung round with past orders, and will do next week now. I just thought this thread was so we could keep a track on what prices are, not discussing golocate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure