Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Slightly better day today, DS slept fairly well again but has been a bit grumpy - think he's having a growth spurt. Fingers crossed he sleeps well tonight.

DH less grumpy, mostly because he's off work for a few days & we got our new fridge freezer delivered. It's much bigger than our old one so now looks like we have no food! DH keeps going to look at it because he loves it so much (it has an ice & water dispenser as well as some gadgety bits). :rotfl:

DH has booked a table at a nice restaurant for us tomorrow night & my sister is watching DS again. Will be good to eat a meal while it's hot & without either of us holding the baby and trying to eat one-handed.:rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely night tonight x
  • sashybo
    Options
    Thanks Hidden, we had lovely food & a nice time. DH spoiled me on my birthday with a beautiful eternity ring & a few other gifts as well.

DH has been a lot better as well, seems to have perked up a bit and has been really helpful again with the baby & the housework.

I took DS to the baby singing/story group again at the start of the week & the wee monkey slept through the whole thing, so I was singing all the songs to a sleeping baby. :p :rotfl:

We also had his 6 week check & all well, Dr said he's very healthy and thought he was 8 or 9 weeks as he was so bright & responsive. *proud mum face* :o When we were in the waiting room DS was smiling at all the ladies :rotfl: a ladies man at 6 weeks old. :rotfl::eek:

Good news on the debt front as loan no1 is under £1000 :j and I got some survey money through today so have paid that off as well - total now £945. :j
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    DH off work from today until Monday, always easier to get things done in the house when both of us are around for the baby. :j

DS has been a little star today, he sat in his bouncy chair in the kitchen watching me whilst I put a pesto loaf on in the breadmaker, made leek & potato soup & a spiced tea loaf. :j :T I put some music on and he seemed to like me singing along.:p

There were a couple of intervals for nappy changing etc, left him lying on the changing mat with his nappy off to get an airing & of course he peed all over the place - TWICE! :eek::rotfl:

DH told me the other day that MIL wants to come up again in a couple of weeks to see the baby.:cool: This time she'll be staying with us.:eek::cool: I hope she behaves but doubt it - think the baby snatching/hogging will recommence. Not looking forward to it but we will see if she's calmed down a bit.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bless little DS - just wants to be with his mum.

Could you set some ground rules with the in-laws before they come up?
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi EE, yes DS just likes to know I'm nearby I think & loves his cuddles. He seems happier now to sit in his chair or lie on his play mat as long as he can see or hear me and this seems to improve as his eyesight improves. :)

We can try with MIL but it will no doubt be conveniently forgotten, as was the whole "you can't stay with us 2 weeks after us having a baby" conversation that DH had with her months before DS was born & then she turned round & wanted to stay with us after he arrived because she thought the local B&B's were too expensive! :mad: And they're not poor!:cool:

I think I'll just have to be more vocal & forceful with her if she's being over the top. I understand that she lives far away & wants to spend as much time with DS as she can whilst she's here but is it too much to ask that she considers my feelings a bit more rather than stomping all over them?:(
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your meal out the other night and that the little one enjoyed his bouncy chair today.

I bought a new carpet before I had my little one, bad move as he peed all over it and currently it's going through a phase of having food mashed into it :rotfl:

Could you organise some activities for you and the baby when mother-in-law comes up so you get a chance to 'escape' for a bit and enjoy some stress free time? By activities I just mean like the singing/story group or maybe a meet with a friend. If you plan in advance and casually mention them beforehand hopefully she'll get the hint your wanting some time alone with the baby.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi swimming, re carpet :rotfl: but is yours a highly impractical cream/oatmeal colour?!:eek: I've had pee a few times now along with projectile milky vomit.:eek: It's looking a little sad already - need to get the carpet cleaner out.:o

DS also managed to hit one of the cats with a stream of pee one day as the cat was strolling past. :rotfl: He was disgusted & now runs past the changing mat if he sees DS lying on it. :rotfl:

Good idea about the activities, we don't have a set date yet but once we do I'll try & sort at least one out. I'll sell it to MIL & DH as a chance for them to have some quality mother-son time.:rotfl: Doubt she'll take the hint to be honest, she'll probably try to send me out without the baby! :cool::D
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sashybo congratulations on your 10lb boy! When you described him as a big hungry baby, I did laugh.

Sounds like you are being trialled at the mo, your in laws sound testing. You are doing splendidly though, I have no doubt.

Paws
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Paws, thank you. :D Good to "see" you back. :D

Baby is a giant & very greedy. :rotfl: No-one could believe how big he was when he was born as I'm not that big & the bump was pretty neat until the last few weeks. :eek:

PIL have always been hard work to be honest, now the baby is just something else for them to be awkward about.

I've been quite surprised at how thoughtless my MIL has been towards me though. Doesn't she remember what it's like to be a new mum? Or does she just not care?

She's been very morbid as well, saying the baby won't know her as they live so far away & that she'll probably die before he grows up (she's a very fit 70 yo).

Not that she says any of this to me, she says it to DH. I don't know why though, is she trying to guilt trip him about the fact that we live far away from them but near my mum? She was also quizzing my mum about how often she sees her other grandchildren, I think to try & work out how often my mum will see DS.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback