How much do you spend on holiday? I'M BACK AND I DID IT!!!!

Comments

• jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Are there any zoo's, wildlife parks, sealife/butterfly centres, my youngest two particulary DS loves animals, fish and bugs!

Thanks for comments :D
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Spud don't know if you'll read this but Parkdean just emailed me about last minute bargain might be worth a look!

Right, we've had a chat and decision made. No holiday for us this year.

The bit of money we have needs to be spent on new uniform for my daughter who goes to high school soon. The car has also developed a problem that needs sorting while we are off work.

Just as I was looking for a last minute bargain on the internet, the phone rang. It was the CCCS saying we are due for our annual review :o
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • jo1972
    Forumite
    Ah well Spud, maybe you could treat yourselves to a couple of days out somewhere nice, take a picnic and make a real effort?
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Try this website for attractions in wales (posted earlier in the thread by someone helpful ;) )

http://www.visitwales.co.uk/
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If it's a holiday where were trying to budget I take about £25 for each day were going to be there but if it's a special holiday like when I went to Egypt or Vietnam I budget about £100 for every day that were there. I know it sounds like a lot but believe me you won't believe how fast the money goes.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Ah well Spud, maybe you could treat yourselves to a couple of days out somewhere nice, take a picnic and make a real effort?

Hopefully hun. It just depends how poorly the car turns out to be :rolleyes:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • Sorry to hear that Spud although sometimes the stress planning and preparing for holidays makes it not worth it anyway! Just think you've got 4/5 weeks to chill, plenty of time for walks and fun in the park! Hope the car isn't too poorly (I read cat originally lol) and you have a little for fun too!

Elantan and black-saturn now I'm scared - 42 yrs young and I've never spent that much on hols (even with the cc before lbm), although I know how easy it would be to happen!

Jo no probs with the hijack the more the merrier I say!! Know what you mean about your 15 year old my 14.5 year old no2 son has just fallen in love and the worst thing in the world is the fact that he won't see her for two weeks!!!

Keep it coming folks it makes interesting reading!

IDA
    xx
    I stopped smoking 25th June 2007
    STILL Never complacent but confident
    My debt is GOING DOWN!!!!
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi,I havent had time to read all the posts so I dont know if this has been mentioned before,but I found this site helpful www.daysoutuk.com .
  • jo1972
    Forumite
    my 14.5 year old no2 son has just fallen in love and the worst thing in the world is the fact that he won't see her for two weeks!!!

IDA, I just read your message lol, my 15yo dd has fallen in love too, last week he sent her 3 sunflowers and a dozen roses for their 2 month anniversary :eek: I told dh off for not ever sending me flowers :rotfl: I have a feeling she will be using all my free network minutes whilst we're away talking to him!

Just bumping this thread for any more spending advice for IDA and Bognor day's out for me :D
  • Right holiday just 5 days away, or 5 sleeps as our very excited 5 year old daughter is saying! I'm having the colly wobbles about the money which is daft but am seeing the cup half empty instead of half full. So anymore tips or ideas warmly appreciated.
    I stopped smoking 25th June 2007
    STILL Never complacent but confident
    My debt is GOING DOWN!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills