ASHP – Should do better - Must Do Better

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The water temperature varies between 30 and 47 degrees depending on what is required to heat the living room to 21 degrees. It kept the water at 30 degrees even when I turned the living room required temperature down to 10 degrees so my house was kept much warmer than 10 degrees whilst I was away.
    I admit that I do not know the Husky pumps, but without me looking, they should allow the room to go to 10C
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • richardc1983
    Options
    As long as your rads are sized big enough you could get away with 30c when the weather compensation kicks in at mild temps... My MIL at 4c outside can have the rads as low as 35c and house is still toasty. We have different issues though. If it's -6c outside it will heat the water to 45c.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 February 2015 at 5:10PM
    Options
    If yours is winding up to 45 at -5 you should be able to alter it somehow using the controller. The temperature compensation slope is usually adjustable to suit the heat requirement so if it's too high, turn it down a bit. You might have to get into the engineering or field setting menus to do it though.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • scheissefuergehirn
    Options
    Thanks for the comments guys. The software that controls my system is beyond me and I suspect it is beyond the good people at Husky Pumps too going by the responses I've had so I will just have to live with it. It would be nice to be able to set it to keep the house from freezing whilst I am away from it in winter but the £13 it cost for that week isn't going to break the bank.
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The software is not beyond anyone, so don't give up. System tweaks are possible.
    Give as much detail as you can and we will try to help.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • richardc1983
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    If yours is winding up to 45 at -5 you should be able to alter it somehow using the controller. The temperature compensation slope is usually adjustable to suit the heat requirement so if it's too high, turn it down a bit. You might have to get into the engineering or field setting menus to do it though.

No I've since altered it to that curve as before it was 50c at -2c outside. Now we are running a lot better and more efficient.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure