*****ALDI Super Six fruit and veg offers*****

Comments

• If its the vacuum packed beetroot I shall get some and I freeze it in individual portions.one beetroot wrapped in clingfilm and frozen when defrosted is more than enough for me on my own Last time I bought three packs and I finished the last one last week Easy to store in the freezer as well as they can be popped into small odd spaces.Broccoli and celery will be bought and turned into soup or frozen in chunks.I have just enough lettuce to last me until thursday so I will buy some of that and also some tomatoes and any left if they are going soft will be turned into pasta sauce with a few herbs.I am looking forward to the winter veg coming though,and will stock up on leeks carrots and parsnips for vats of soup in the cold weather.Our new Aldi's opens this Thursday locally which will save me a 12 mile round trip in future

JackieO
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Expect the iceberg lettuce and celery prices to drop.
    Tesco have both on offer at 29p each and Aldi don't like to be beaten on price for any of their Super 6 offers.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • this morning i got charged full price for the toms and the beetroot until i pointed it out...didnt buy the others so dont know if they are going through at the super 6 price....the beetroot is vac packed i got 10 to get the ball rolling will get some more as im rather keen
    onwards and upwards
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    this morning i got charged full price for the toms and the beetroot until i pointed it out...didnt buy the others so dont know if they are going through at the super 6 price....the beetroot is vac packed i got 10 to get the ball rolling will get some more as im rather keen

I got charged 53p for the radishes too, did not notice until I got home.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    beetroot pickled
    As can the celery ........... yum yum ;)
  • Pickled celery .............?????
    Never ever heard of that before.
    What an earth is it like ??
    And don't say celery............
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Sorry I misled some people on here about the beetroot.

Really thought that due to picture I saw it was going to be bunched fresh.

I have brought 4 of the vacuum packed packs. Would have brought more but was going on the grand tour of the town on the bus today,so it would have been too much weight.

Watch out Aldi I may clear your shelves next week. :rotfl:
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    The cardboard boxes the radishes come in are about the handiest thing about these latest "offers".

I'm disillusioned as I've just binned a load of salad that was rotting in my fridge.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 September 2017 at 5:26PM
    robin58 wrote: »
    Sorry I misled some people on here about the beetroot.

Really thought that due to picture I saw it was going to be bunched fresh.

I have brought 4 of the vacuum packed packs. Would have brought more but was going on the grand tour of the town on the bus today,so it would have been too much weight.

Watch out Aldi I may clear your shelves next week. :rotfl:

No need to apologise. I'm delighted that it's the vacuum packed one.

Now I needn't beat myself up over being too lazy to buy fresh.:o

ETA: No beetroot available in my Aldi today.:(
    Swede instead of tomatoes.

My store is closing on Sunday for a month so not so easy to just pop in and see if beetroot arrives.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Can anyone who has purchased the beetroot in this super 6 confirm what type of beetroot is available? Is it cooked vacuum packed or bunches of beetroot?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback