Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kevinshome
    • By kevinshome 5th Feb 13, 12:14 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    kevinshome
    Join the Cheap Energy Club?
    • 5th Feb 13, 12:14 AM
    Join the Cheap Energy Club? 5th Feb 13 at 12:14 AM
    A good idea, but!
    What and how does it deal with dealing with certain energy companies (FIRST UTILITY for one) that continue to charge your direct debit the monthly fee after you have moved onto the new supplier! They also continue to ignore you even after numerous letters and phone calls. I was not an isolated incident, as there are a lot of people suffering with this company. I eventually got my refund, but only after much pursuit. I never received a final reading/bill even though I had requested it verbally and several times in writing, they just ignored me. So what happened to the part that the consumer does not have to get involved!!!
    Even if the energy company are offering a cheap deal does not guarantee good/reliable/professional service. So I would think a star rating for the energy company should be included and those poor providers excluded from the club report even if their deal is cheaper. Also you should very seriously give thought before committing to the so called cheaper provider and check out the forum sites on who ever you think of going over to.
    The energy providers are boxing clever as well since the dubious involvement of the government. Those of you that are savvy will probably notice that they have now changed (increased) their admin/handling fees or what ever they are calling it to offset the so-called cheaper tariff rates. Bottom line is they will ensure they will protect their profit margin no matter how they dress it up!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

16Posts Today

3,421Users online

Martin's Twitter