Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 30th Oct 19, 8:53 PM
    • 67,755Posts
    • 307,953Thanks
    beanielou
    Slinky for Christmas with Slimming World 2019.
    • 30th Oct 19, 8:53 PM
    Slinky for Christmas with Slimming World 2019. 30th Oct 19 at 8:53 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you, go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list; so that's pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra choice and one Healthy Extra choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 15 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
Page 42
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Dec 19, 7:28 PM
    • 56,915 Posts
    • 648,992 Thanks
    bubbs
    PIB, ,meant to put link for pictures , use this site https://postimages.org/
    and why dont you freeze your cheese?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 1 1/2lb
    • poundsinbucks
    • By poundsinbucks 10th Dec 19, 9:10 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 5,128 Thanks
    poundsinbucks
    PIB, ,meant to put link for pictures , use this site https://postimages.org/
    and why dont you freeze your cheese?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Ooooh thanks bubbs for link for pics. And yes, could freeze the cheese, good idea. I think our raffles every week end up paying for the xmas blow out one . Cos our usual raffle is a recipe, but most people buy 2x 50p tickets so there must be quite a bit of overage . And yes, we have a fb group covering all my consultantís groups, I think she has 5, plus her colleague which runs another 2 groups I think, in the same local area but different days. She will post motivational stuff usually once a week, this month it has been every day so far! Some of us will post pics of our meals, recipes etc. Plus if you have had a bad week you will get a supportive text from our lady halfway through the week. Quite shocking your leader never got in touch with you, esp as you used to help out *rolls eyes*.

Poundsinbucks x
    🥳🥳 SW -5st 12lbs 🥳🥳
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Dec 19, 9:30 PM
    • 56,915 Posts
    • 648,992 Thanks
    bubbs
    Ooooh thanks bubbs for link for pics. And yes, could freeze the cheese, good idea. I think our raffles every week end up paying for the xmas blow out one . Cos our usual raffle is a recipe, but most people buy 2x 50p tickets so there must be quite a bit of overage . And yes, we have a fb group covering all my consultantís groups, I think she has 5, plus her colleague which runs another 2 groups I think, in the same local area but different days. She will post motivational stuff usually once a week, this month it has been every day so far! Some of us will post pics of our meals, recipes etc. Plus if you have had a bad week you will get a supportive text from our lady halfway through the week. Quite shocking your leader never got in touch with you, esp as you used to help out *rolls eyes*.

Poundsinbucks x
    Originally posted by poundsinbucks
    Our raffle is 3 strips £1 and usually have something like ingredients for a recipe and perhaps a pyrex dish
    Oh mine has about 10 classes and the 1 fb page covers them all, cant remember the last time she posted

Anyway
    Festive 3 - Potatoes, Sprouts & Parsnips - 29 Instore @ Tesco
    £0.29

Starts at 12/12/2019

Maris potatoes
    Parsnips
    Brussel sprouts
    Will all be 0.29p just in time for xmas
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Dec 19, 9:49 PM
    • 67,755 Posts
    • 307,953 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great loss poundsinbucks

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • poundsinbucks
    • By poundsinbucks 11th Dec 19, 9:11 AM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 5,128 Thanks
    poundsinbucks
    Hey beanie! Thank you. How is it going, still plodding on?

What is it they say, be good when you can, careful when you canít .

Poundsinbucks x
    🥳🥳 SW -5st 12lbs 🥳🥳
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Dec 19, 10:56 AM
    • 67,755 Posts
    • 307,953 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hey beanie! Thank you. How is it going, still plodding on?

What is it they say, be good when you can, careful when you canít .

Poundsinbucks x
    Originally posted by poundsinbucks
    Always plodding on

***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Dec 19, 11:42 AM
    • 20,994 Posts
    • 124,379 Thanks
    maman
    Always plodding on
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Pleased to hear that beanie.

Great loss PIB, Well done.

and why don't you freeze your cheese?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    That's what I was going to suggest too. All I buy is grated cheese, cottage cheese and Parmesan for pasta although I use that a bit more freely since we can have the extra HEA. I make an exception for Christmas which is why I was disappointed with all the slices around. I enjoy a cheeseboard when I'm out too so hoping for one tomorrow at my next Christmas 'do'.

I was pretty good at the buffet last night. I ate some whitebait, some small pieces of chorizo and about 4 chips. Everything else (salmon, prawns, chicken, salad) was free and I completely avoided sandwiches and a delicious looking chicken and ham pie.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, baked beans (F), 2 fried eggs (P), HEB toast, HEA milk
    L: JP (F) with cottage cheese, ham (P), spring onions and pickles (S)
    D: baked cod (P), SW chips (F), asparagus, tomatoes, mange tout, mushrooms (S)
    Syns: 0
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Dec 19, 7:13 PM
    • 56,915 Posts
    • 648,992 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    0 syns Maman well done x
    I made a lasagna with BNS as the layers of pasta and a batchelors mac n cheese pasta pkt whizzed up for the white sauce 3 1/2 syns, 40g cheese for whole thing, i didn't eat it all you will be pleased to know

Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Dec 19, 8:29 PM
    • 20,994 Posts
    • 124,379 Thanks
    maman
    Sorry to report I succumbed to some syns. I had a horrible journey home tonight, traffic was awful, road works everywhere. I'd have loved to turn to wine syns (saving them for tomorrow when I may be even more miserable) but instead I had one of my ginger Christmas chocolates. I'm stopping at one though.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 12th Dec 19, 8:31 AM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 18,584 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Sorry to report I succumbed to some syns. I had a horrible journey home tonight, traffic was awful, road works everywhere. I'd have loved to turn to wine syns (saving them for tomorrow when I may be even more miserable) but instead I had one of my ginger Christmas chocolates. I'm stopping at one though.
    Originally posted by maman
    I wouldn't worry if I were you! I have done more than some! Looking forward to tomorrow, will be the start of 5 days when I have complete control over what I am eating, need it badly. Was lying in bed this morning feeling guilty as my social life this week was so busy, eaten out every day, but then thought, ok, could only do my best, it has all been done in a week, only issue I have between now & Christmas is office lunch on Tuesday, so there is no reason why I should not be able to reverse the damage, that is the plan anyway.

Scales tonight
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Dec 19, 10:51 AM
    • 20,994 Posts
    • 124,379 Thanks
    maman
    It's a very social time here too gtq . What mattters is that we stay in touch and get back to SW PDQ when it's over. Pleased that I stopped at just the one chocolate last night.

I've had my smallest SW breakfast (Weetabix) but off out for lunch. It's a posh place that does tiny portions but I am really hoping for a cheeseboard and wine syns.

Will report back later.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Dec 19, 5:07 PM
    • 56,915 Posts
    • 648,992 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Well done at stopping at 1 Maman
    Good luck GTQ tonight
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Dec 19, 8:20 PM
    • 20,994 Posts
    • 124,379 Thanks
    maman
    I think today may be a bit of a write off.

Lunch could have been worse. For lunch, I had a tiny haddock vol au vent followed by a roast turkey dinner and then my cheese board. So good bits and bad bits. I gave my sprouts to DH.

I've not eaten anything since except 1 chocolate (cherry liqueur tonight).

BUT.... many wine syns are being consumed. I'm on edge. Hope I have something to celebrate later.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

250Posts Today

2,421Users online

Martin's Twitter