Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WentworthFox
    • By WentworthFox 10th Mar 15, 11:07 AM
    • 32Posts
    • 18Thanks
    WentworthFox
    New B&Q lied installation savings
    • 10th Mar 15, 11:07 AM
    New B&Q lied installation savings 10th Mar 15 at 11:07 AM
    I have been looking for a new boiler to be installed in my flat for some months now. As I have been close to freezing over winter, while it keeps playing up and on the odd ocasion not even turning on.

I have found when looking round they are quite expensive, I just don't have the money to pay in full for a new boiler. I searched in Google to see if there was such a thing as pay monthly for a new boiler. And there is!
    I found this tool that was really helpful www.plumbcare.com/boiler-finance/ it gave me a savings calculator to use and told me what I would save per month getting a new boiler.

It's a handy tool, that's why I thought I would share it with you all.
    Hope it helps.
Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 10th Mar 15, 11:23 AM
    • 4,910 Posts
    • 3,205 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 10th Mar 15, 11:23 AM
    • 10th Mar 15, 11:23 AM
    You would be cheaper taking out a bank loan or possibly extending your mortgage
    • cajef
    • By cajef 10th Mar 15, 11:24 AM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 4,189 Thanks
    cajef
    • 10th Mar 15, 11:24 AM
    • 10th Mar 15, 11:24 AM
    Apart from being a duplicate post, what has this got to do with B&Q lying?
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • Nada666
    • By Nada666 10th Mar 15, 12:24 PM
    • 4,868 Posts
    • 3,886 Thanks
    Nada666
    • 10th Mar 15, 12:24 PM
    • 10th Mar 15, 12:24 PM
    Originally posted by cajef
    Perhaps they been bought by a German company and he means their installations are now going for a song?
    • WentworthFox
    • By WentworthFox 10th Mar 15, 1:21 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    WentworthFox
    • 10th Mar 15, 1:21 PM
    • 10th Mar 15, 1:21 PM
    Originally posted by cajef
    Sorry for the duplication I saw my autocorrect had changed Boiler to B&Q so tried amending it.
    This post has nothing to do with B&Q
    • WentworthFox
    • By WentworthFox 10th Mar 15, 1:22 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    WentworthFox
    • 10th Mar 15, 1:22 PM
    • 10th Mar 15, 1:22 PM
    You would be cheaper taking out a bank loan or possibly extending your mortgage
    Originally posted by matelodave
    Would it? Hav you done it this way?
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 10th Mar 15, 1:32 PM
    • 4,133 Posts
    • 1,676 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 10th Mar 15, 1:32 PM
    Would it? Hav you done it this way?
    Originally posted by WentworthFox
    Fixed Interest Rate 9.9%

I hope you are not paying this amount for your mortgage!
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 10th Mar 15, 1:32 PM
    • 4,910 Posts
    • 3,205 Thanks
    matelodave
    Well look at some of the interest rates - Yes I did it a few years ago and extended my mortgage where the interest rate was a lot lower than a bank loan or credit agency.

All you have to do is get several quotations (preferably not from BG) to find out how much it's going to cost and then have a scan round the internet to see how cheaply you could borrow the money. You could probably borrow it all and not even have to pay a deposit. You might even get a better deal from the plumber as well as you aren't going to be borrowing from him.

I don't know your circumstances but it's worth having a look rather than jumping straight in with a credit agreement with a supplier
    • WentworthFox
    • By WentworthFox 10th Mar 15, 2:45 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    WentworthFox
    • 10th Mar 15, 2:45 PM
    • 10th Mar 15, 2:45 PM
    Well look at some of the interest rates - Yes I did it a few years ago and extended my mortgage where the interest rate was a lot lower than a bank loan or credit agency.

All you have to do is get several quotations (preferably not from BG) to find out how much it's going to cost and then have a scan round the internet to see how cheaply you could borrow the money. You could probably borrow it all and not even have to pay a deposit. You might even get a better deal from the plumber as well as you aren't going to be borrowing from him.

I don't know your circumstances but it's worth having a look rather than jumping straight in with a credit agreement with a supplier
    Originally posted by matelodave
    Thanks for this info, it's very helpful o will have a look and see what I can do.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,167Posts Today

7,048Users online

Martin's Twitter