What small DFW things will you do w/c 25th June?

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Many thanks for starting us off Purps

Ally enjoy ur holiday

CLF I hope u are feeling better, feeling dizzy is just the worst

Had a great birthday weekend. My arms and hands are shredded from sports training but really good fun. An action packed weekend, was treated by bestie, DD and her BF took me out for a meal and I had a surprise visit from a relative staying at my mum's, just felt guilty I didn't have much time to spend with them.

Banking all checked and bills played today.
    Still tidying the house, plan to do a bit more today....dont know why DD BF is back to stay the weekend but it makes me feel better. Also got DD to tidy her things in the spare room. Rather than unpacking fully after uni she is living out of bags plonked in the spare room, but at least the bedroom looks much better now.

Washing to go out as beds were stripped last night
    DW just about to go on a low setting
    Need to freeze up leftover chicken casserole made in the slow cooker. Gives DD an idea of what is left in the fridge she can use in one of her mash ups.
    Ran out of bread but forgot YS loaf in the freezer that is coming out
    Leftover custard in the fridge DD is busy using up with birthday cake so might have some later myself.
    Meeting tonight I have to prepare for but first the usual cat cleaning.

Managed to finally sell my item on eBay. Happy days :)

Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 June 2018 at 8:41AM
    Morning folks

Thanks HK! Feeling a bit better today. I have an ongoing problem but I have an ENT appointment on the 5th so hopefully a step in the right direction.

I'm also wondering if some of my dizziness is caused by either stress and/or high/low blood pressure.

Tummy was a bit off yesterday too so maybe had a small bug.

Normal list for a work day:
    • B/L/D from stores - done
    • Make the cake - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Bit of fridge/freezer shuffling
    • Not going to fave cafe after work - done
    • Water garden - done
    Not much doing today

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Morning All

Well another gorgeous day in prospect, no gym today so we will/have:

Checked Bank & made PAD - Done
    Hairdresser at home -
    more work in bedroom-
    DS to Football (playing match) -
    Enter a few comps -
    Purge a few emails -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL, WinaDinner -
    Read -

Have a great day!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 June 2018 at 7:37PM
    My plans for today are:
    Read and post on this thread for inspiration and motivation Done
    Home Educate children mainly for free Done
    Cook dinner first thing as we will only have time to reheat it later Done
    Go shopping and stick to list written yesterday Done
    Turn off lights when not in use - downstairs toilet light still being troublesome Done
    Turn off appliances when not in use Done
    Take snacks and drinks with us Done
    Pack tea for children to eat between afternoon & evening activities Done
    Stick to meal plan Done
    RM survey Done
    Correctly delivered survey Done
    Make bread Done
    Set dw to run overnight Done
    Set wm to run overnight Done
    B/L/D from stores Done
    Renew library books Done
    Keep up to date with 3 email accounts Done
    Deal with at least 10% from 1 of my other 3 email accounts Done

My plans for this week are:
    Chase up focus group reward Done, awaiting a reply
    Chase survey reward Done, awaiting a reply

Today is very busy, so will need to plan to accomplish everything.

Have a lovely day everyone, I hope the sun is shining where you, ensure everybody stays hydrated.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 June 2018 at 8:04PM
    Morning all :)

Very hot again, so I have tried to get a few things done early:
    Walked dog at about 7.30am - he wasn't sure about the early start :rotfl:
    Walked to post office to post an ebay item. Also bought some more sun cream and a couple of other bits in Savers as I was passing.
    Load of washing done and on line to dry :)
    Put spare room back together after GD 'rearranged' it for me while playing yesterday :rotfl:

Chased another ebay buyer for payment
    Now waiting for someone to (hopefully) pick up an item sold on FB
    Picked up - only £4, but better than nothing and I now have a space in one of the kitchen cupboards :T

Still to do:
    Another load of washing Done, all dry
    List a dress that sadly doesn't fit on ebay Done, it has watchers already. Have washed it, now it needs ironing :(

Update spending diary, spreadsheet, check banks etc Done, though I still need to update signature
    Food from home, I have plenty in Done
    OH back later He is back, but obviously had a hard time of it as he has fallen asleep on the sofa :rotfl:

Chase re our poor camper van which was supposed to be back yesterday after its repairs / MOT - again :mad: Tomorrow - apparently :cool:
    Water anything that needs it in the garden Still to do, too hot earlier
    Tax car :eek: Done

Hope you feel better soon CLF :(
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning Frugalistas,
    Sitting on our shady courtyard, from which I am amazed to find an excellent wi-fi signal today. Am trying to arrange my day so that I am not outside doing the most physical tasks in the hottest part of the day.
    MS tasks done so far:
    *Cheapo overnight laundry pegged outside to dry for free.
    *Veggie garden watered & cucumbers misted with recycled spray bottle as I want to avoid red spider mite this year. They always do for our cukes when the weather gets vert hot. RSMs, I am ONTO YOU!! Go somewhere else!
    *Free fitness edging garden stepping stones......always takes longer than I think as we have a long garden & the stones are irregular curved shapes so can't just be done by making a few straight cuts.
    *More free fitness clearing a section of large flower border which had 'gone over'. Filled in the gap by moving a large pot there, rather than having a crafty little cycle to the garden centre to buy something.
    *Get leftover chicken out of the freezer ready to make tonight's meal.
    *Checked online banking to see if a large transaction is appearing on statement yet. Nope!
    *Did 2 surveys.
    *Entered a competition.
    STILL TO DO:
    *Leftovers for lunch.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Make chicken & mushroom supreme for tonight's meal.
    *Pick strawberries which together with a l/o peach should make a dessert for tonight.
    *Pick more fresh herbs for tying into bundles & drying - rosemary & thyme today.
    *Start Kitchen Cupboard Blitz, prior to re-decorating which starts a week on Friday. Kitchen Cupboard #1 = Herbs & spices. I intend to re-label & clean jars as necessary, declutter anything superfluous, take down the bunches i've already dried to crumble & add to jars, & clean out the inside of the cupboard itself. Will make a list of spices which are getting very low too, as I do find that a really good store cupboard is massively helpful for cooking everything from scratch & batch cooking.
    *Water garden again this evening. Front pots & small border can have recycled washing-up bowl water (we're not on a meter, but I like to do my bit to conserve supplies in summer).
    *Finish last tiny bit of stitching & may get round to starting the beading on this birthday gift I'm working on.
    Free entertainment watching 2 woodpigeons who have built the silliest, most rubbish nest EVER in the tree outside our kitchen window. If even one egg manages to survive a single night in that, without rolling off into our birdbath, it will be more than the numpties deserve.
    OK, must crack on.
    Love F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 June 2018 at 5:27PM
    Think I'll be adding raspberries to my list of "things that don't agree with me"

*sigh*

Oh well, feeling better now after a few hours of queasiness. Dagnammit it's hot today!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    As well as completing everything on today's list we have unpacked the snack bag and the bags with the children's packed tea & dealing with the contents - putting things away, in the bin or to wash up as appropriate. I have put away most of the shopping just a little more to do when I finish on here. I'm also thinking ahead to tomorrow when we have another busy day to see what we can do this evening to make tomorrow run smoother.
    I don't have any RM survey items to post tomorrow which will make it easier.

I'm looking forward to the children getting back from martial arts training so we can have pudding, I'm planning on having some HM chocolate brownie.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: early day for me so I am hopingberaly finish but it never really works out like that. List for today:
    Left overs for lunch
    Washing I did last night out to dry
    Gym later, too hot to run outside :o
    Put a couple of potions/lotions by my bed so I can use just before bed. Thanks for the reminder 1LL finished one last night
    Something from freezer for tea, finally getting to see the bottom of 2 of my 3 freezers :o will update inventory later just to make sure everything is on there and I can plan next weeks meals
    Post fleabay sale. Used recycled packaging. Move money to savings
    Hot drink for commute
    Move some money to hubbys starl1ng account to check it works ok
    Water plants later and feed tomatoes

Have a good day everyone. Purps.
  • Morning purps :D fingers crossed for an early finish for you - go on make it happen! We're only effective for a certain amount of the day, be super efficient and then go home with halo shinning :D

Today I'm supposed to be meeting up with a friend from work. We haven't made any plans of what we're doing yet, but she's been having a rough time. Part of me is hoping she bails so I can potter in the garden & do some sewing!

I have a blouse I made on Sunday (refashion from a man's shirt) but I haven't been happy with the fit. It's been percolating in my mind since and I think I've worked out what I need to do :D

Today I have/will:

* read martin's email
    * OLB and did a transfer
    * call luvabella manufacturer
    * sort out life ins. Today will be the day!
    * Go and join pool at a hotel with a sauna. £80 for 6 months use!
    * divvy up rubber chicken. Freeze some
    * make batch of shortbread for madam
    * repot toms - need to give these some love as sewing has replaced my love of gardening!

Think that will keep me busy!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business