* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    PRINCESSKITTY I find it unbelievable how nasty and rude people can be while they’re hiding behind a keyboard. I think the thing you should learn and take from this is that there are sad mean people out there with too much time on their hands - it’s not you, it’s them and they’re not worthy of your time or energy. Stick with us, we don’t do nasty. :heart2:
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 June 2018 at 8:02AM
    Options
    [QUOTE=princesskitty

CHRISSY I have never been to a comicon event !!!8211; they look interesting! :p

There are a lot of descriptive words i would use before interesting :D but on a positive note i may pick something up for hubby for christmas as he too is a sci fi nut .
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning all,
    After half a day of full rain yesterday im glad for a cloudy day with hints of sunshine. Need to get the washing sorted today and could do with doing some ironing (rock n roll lifestyle lol) I am having a weekend off Keto as we are going out for a late celebratory indian meal for DD birthday. I am savouring my first cup of tea in nearly 7 weeks! Visited work yesterday, was supposed to stay an hour and ended up staying all day. It was lovely to see all the staff and kids. I knew I missed work but yesterday made me realise just how much. Cannot wait to get back, has made me more determined to get back as soon as possible. DD has finished for 2 weeks DS is off for one week. Let the fun begin lol. House move is moving forward but we still have not found anywhere so we think we will rent for 6 months. We will put the money away we make from the house purchase and use it when we find somewhere to buy. Currently fighting the hospital that has a huge delay in treatment as I have asked them to transfer my care to my local hospital for part of my treatment ( one part of treatment is only available at the hospital that has a huge waiting list) I have said I am prepared to wait for the treatment that is only available at their hospital but the other 2 parts I can have done at my local hospital without the huge delay. They are not happy and are being very difficult. I can feel a PALS complaint coming on!

Princesskitty29- Thank you for the comments on the weight loss. You are so right about the human error rate being high when measuring things. Squeak is happy, healthy and hitting his milestones so you are right to not worry. It is good that they are being cautious and getting a 3rd opinion as it seems the health visitor and GP could not agree. I am so sorry that you got negative comments on your post, I think it is an amazing idea and a way to make everybody feel special and welcome. I have replied on the post with some ideas xx People are so rude and are just itching to be negative and rain on someone elses parade, its what they thrive on. I too would of reacted the same, when it comes to our children and their events we are protective mamma bears. If it was anything else I would of probably ignored them and thought how sad .
    Jakes-Mum- Happy Belated birthday, hope you had an amazing day.The bureaucracy is what makes everything so much more difficult. The fact that different depts of the same place refuse to speak to each other or act in a decent way, like use common sense, is what is making the government and NHS systems fail.
    Free- I eat a lot of fresh meat, full fat mayo, lettuce cucumber, carrot, raspberries, strawberries, cauliflower rice, bacon, eggs, sausages that have alot of meat and not a lot of fillers in. You just have to watch your carb intake. I have now lost 33lb but im taking a break this weekend so will see how much I put on lol.
    ChrissyG Got your PM, have replied xx What a lovely gift, I am sure he will be so surprised.
    Peppa How are you doing?
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ahhh PrincessKitty, just read your thread :( I thought it was quite a nice idea, I made the mistake of once posting asking how to convince my husband to buy me the christmas gift I wanted but he felt was a 'house gift' (don't ask, he has really weird ideas about gifts, I like appliances and craft stuff, he thinks a gift has to be for you not the house *rolls eyes* ) and I immediately got the reply 'you could donate the money to charity!' I got quite cross about that as i only get a gift off my DH and DD for my birthdays and christmas (and sometimes DS if he actually remembers :rotfl: he didnt this year :rotfl: ) and I don't like to be made to feel guilty because I do not donate every last penny I have to a charity :( . I got that same feel from your thread, if people dont agree with what your asking, why reply? just move on to another thread that interests you :)
    My ideas (so as not to bump your thread and have you more upset) is edible things like homemade fudge or buy some small chocolate bars and print your own wrappers (you can also put these in the kids bags :) )

oh O462 I hope you get your appointments moved, thats so annoying to be sent miles away to a hospital with mile long delays :(

Thankyou all for your words about my F2F, i'm stuck in a limbo of half of me going 'please take forever to come see me so I don't have to deal with you' and 'please hurry up so I can get this over with for another 2 years' :( DS has also decided to start being a pain in the bum at college again and currently we are being told he will not be welcome back in september and he has half a term to produce a miracle behavioural turn around for them to even begin to consider a change of mind :(
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Hope everyone had a lovely Bank Holiday. The weather has been good apart from yesterday when it rained for a few hours. I paid for private physio yesterday so Im a little sore. Got some paperwork to catch up on so will get all that done today. Husband is going to take the kids out tomorrow, its too difficult for myself to go. I was going to see about getting a wheelchair but left it too late. DD is off for a week longer than DS and DH is off too so we will do something next week. Nothing Christmassy done apart from watching a couple of vlogs on yout*be.

Jakes-mum- Sorry to hear about DS, hope you manage to sort it all out x
    Options
    Ok, a bit more Christmas fun......

1) Favourite Panto
    2) Favourite Christmas drink/tipple
    3) Favourite Christmas dessert
    4) Favourite Christmas treat (Chocolate/cake etc)
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooo got to answer O462's questions first!

Favourite Panto - Aladdin, this is purely because my mum (and then me later) used to do amateur dramatics in the village I grew up in. The first panto I remember going to see that they put on was Aladdin, and I still remember my 6 year old self howling with laughter as my friends dad and another bloke walked across the stage repeatedly with a barrel that had a number stuck on the front that kept changing (counting the 40 thieves hidden inside ;) ) and stopping for a chat in the middle. Was one of the most brilliantly funny things I had ever seen and I have never forgotten it.

Favourite christmas drink - hmm well i'm teetotal so that scrubs most things, I think probably my sprite, I very rarely drink fizzy drinks either so its kind of my special drink

Favourite christmas dessert - OK don't laugh! but its birthday cake :rotfl: and no we don't have anyone who has a birthday, I just really really like birthday cake :o Everyone else has chocolate log and I have my birthday cake :D

Favourite christmas treat - mint thins from poundland! omg we all love those things, so much more than after eight mints! I have to hide them!

Soooo to add to my tales of woe, PIP have sent back my MR and stripped me of my entire reward. I have spent most of yesterday crying and trying to figure out how i'm going to get through the tribunal. I've messaged my OT with all the info from both award letters and am waiting for her to ring me so we can go through it and her write me a supporting letter, i'm booked in with my GP to ask him how I prove anxiety when I don't take tablets (due to a huge tablet phobia that is part of the anxiety!) and have the most recent letters from my rheumatologist to photocopy and send with the tribunal letter that refute their claims that I have no issues with my back, fatigue or pain :(

Am just so exhausted by it all, I was tempted to start a thread on the benefits board but I don't think i'm strong enough to deal with any negative responses I might get :(

Anyway, I need to cheer up as its DS's 17th birthday today and he's about to go on his very first driving lesson :eek: Hopefully everyone is having an amazing day :)
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    04624181 wrote: »
    Ok, a bit more Christmas fun......

1) Favourite Panto
    2) Favourite Christmas drink/tipple
    3) Favourite Christmas dessert
    4) Favourite Christmas treat (Chocolate/cake etc)

1]Aladdin
    2] Sweet martini and lemonade
    3]trifle
    4]Terrys chocolate orange

Well the dredded letter arrived yesterday Dd's DLA is ending so we need to apply for PIP , made the call to set things in motion . Are the forms similar to the DLA ones long and repetative ?
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    Jakes-mum, dear lord, what are these morons in DWP using for brains? my heart goes out to you. Don't give up, go to tribunal, you have the evidence to back you. l know it will be a very stressful time, but you can do it. Hope DS first driving lesson went/ goes well, ( and that a behavioural miracle occurs).
    Fave panto Cinderella, local am dram performance. Fave drink sloe gin home made, just for Christmas (it doesn't last any longer!) . Fave pudding, Christmas pud with rum sauce. Fave treat M&S shortbread.
    Been busy in the garden over the bank holiday, l keep getting orders in for tubs and hanging baskets, 3 more baskets to do today, then that should be the last. then l can get the bedding plants out of the way, Fave coz gets them and distributes them around her friends/family, so there is no waste.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    jakes mum- Im horrified to hear that the DWP are making your life a misery in such a way. The problem is that these 'people' don't appear have a brain cell to use to think for themselves, they are 'scripted' and cant seem to deviate from the 'script'. My heart goes out to you and everyone I that situation.
    Chrissy G- my sister had this situation when my nephew turned 18, he got so upset and worked up over it that he wouldn't allow her to go through the PIP process for him x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family