PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Friday 13th July 2018

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    On a lighter note.

A picture of my daughter in SA with the babies/children of the baby house. Lunch in the garden yesterday.
    FB_IMG_1531467092658.jpg
  • I got excited earlier - I saw some tiny spits on the kitchen window. When I looked out the patio was slightly damp! Alas so far it has come to nothing but I live in hope!

Eldest DGD caused me no stress at all this morning! Up at 6.45, time to go over her presentation again and out of the door to walk to her friends for her lift by 7.45! A corner has been turned!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,061
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning everybody,
    I'm feeling a bit woolly headed this morning,DHs snoring was horrendous last night ,its always worse when he lies on his left facing me,& he'd been out for a pint.I think he woke Ly1a too and she barked so I went down at 2.30 and stayed down.Did nod off again on the sofa but my back was sore again this morning.

Floss wrote: »
    Well it's been gently raining since the early hours in my bit of Lancashire, so it is lovely & fresh today. Not sure how widespread it is though, and probably not enough for moorland dousing.
    Still raining here, and the firefighters have tweeted that it's helping them a bit,which is great.The number of engines was down to 9 yesterday and 6 overnight,far less than the 30 at the worst of the fire.There are lots of thank you posters to the firefighters all along one of the main roads from local schoolchildren,brought a tear to my eye.The support has been amazing from the local community and associations :T
    Unfortunately Ironman UK,which is a big event for us here on Sunday,has had to cut 17 miles off the cycle bit as it goes over one of the moorland roads.Our DGodson is taking part again so good luck to him.He says some of the entrants are disgruntled that it won't be a proper Iron man with less miles,but surely they can see it wouldnt be good to race over a smoky moor :eek:

Yesterday I cooked the gammon joint from the butchers pack in the pressure cooker and just finished it off to brown in the oven.It was a decent size and very nice-plenty left :D so we might have ham salad tonight.I'm running short on salady bits so I might see if DS will run me to Aldos.I don't feel like carrying heavy bags /doing a full shop.

Hugs to those who need one,and an extra for Dumpling xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    RosyRed wrote: »
    Morning everybody,

Still raining here, and the firefighters have tweeted that it's helping them a bit,which is great.The number of engines was down to 9 yesterday and 6 overnight,far less than the 30 at the worst of the fire.There are lots of thank you posters to the firefighters all along one of the main roads from local schoolchildren,brought a tear to my eye.The support has been amazing from the local community and associations :T

So pleased to hear this RosyRed the firemen have been such heroes dealing with all these terrible fires Its still raining here too so hopefully they get enough to put them out at last.

bellabella hoping for some positive news today for you all...take care of yourself too she will need you strong
  • Please, please please send some rain our way!!!
  • Nelski
    Forumite
    Please, please please send some rain our way!!!

Kicked some down Im done with it now :D
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,635
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 July 2018 at 12:54PM
    Hi everyone

Been reading most days but not managing to post.

Ds2 did not get into college to do his Level 3 as he did not get a merit. He has managed to get a job but not doing what he was doing at college unfortunately. What will be will be.

I!!!8217;m still enjoying my job and the new 12 hour shifts are working better as I get more days off so I!!!8217;m able to catch up with stuff at home.

Bellabella - how worrying for you with dd, hope she is soon better.
    Dumpling - ((hugs)) you have so much to cope with.
    TA - hope the ot people can help. Sending ((hugs)) and strength to you and your dh.
    Lamewolf - thinking of you and your dh.
    Snoozer & TA- so many places you mention bring back wonderful memories of my childhood.

Hugs to anyone that needs/wants one. Take care.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,061
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 July 2018 at 1:12PM
    Nelski wrote: »
    Kicked some down Im done with it now :D

The rain here lasted till lunchtime and the skies are clearing slowly now,bit of sun peeping through,does that suit you better Nelski :D Only about 20 deg though.
    Done a little shop (well ok a medium one ;)) and all put away now.Bit of a tidy and now I'm putting my feet up till DGD arrives at teatime.

Looked at my energy website after getting an email,and they are getting my readings for electric but not for gas from the smart meter.Thought thats what smart meters did :mad:.Had a look and the display seemed dormant,so had to check how to read it,find a torch and manually input it.The gas hadnt been read for over 200 days :eek: & they were estimating it.Luckily atm it's only being used to heat the hot water so we dont have arrears to fork out for.

Might try and have a little snooze now :o:rotfl:
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,385
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon all
    Doesn't look like the thunderstorms are going to materialise here today :(. It's hot again and sunny.
    We have been in the garden this morning, finishing off yesterdays lopping and pruning. Only did a couple of hours as it's too hot and neither of us has any go about us today. My back seems better, although I tossed and turned last night trying to get comfortable. Probably trying to do too much at once, when will I learn that I'm no longer a spring chicken. More spatchcock these days :rotfl:.
    This afternoon I have tidied/put away stuff in their correct places upstairs. I am going to do a store cupboard check in a mo and then the freezer. I need Mr Fix It's help with the freezer as I can't reach the bottom and I don't want to fall in :rotfl:. ( maybe cooler though )
    Right the coffee break is over so I'm off to make my lists :j.
    I shall send hugs to anyone who wants or needs them, whether through illness or just having a tough time at present. Take care all.
    SilverOldie I have had that type of conversation with my Dad on many occasions. The one that really sticks in my mind is when he said I look too much like a lady :eek:
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Nelski
    Forumite
    RosyRed wrote: »
    The rain here lasted till lunchtime and the skies are clearing slowly now,bit of sun peeping through,does that suit you better Nelski :D

well it would but rain back now ....washing got dry though so hey ho :)

Went to see mother yesterday, not sure why I bother. Seems I should 'sort myself out' ?? My hair needs colour, I've been grey / white for twenty years !! She asked if DH had retired, I said he had and her reply, that's right you know everything. Oh and I should wear a necklace, not sure why.
    SilverOldie I have had that type of conversation with my Dad on many occasions. The one that really sticks in my mind is when he said I look too much like a lady :eek:

Oh don't they come out with some little gems....to add one to the mix my caring mum told me today that I was spinning my recovery out and Dad had been fully recovered after a couple of weeks with his knee op....yeah course he was... not Oh and now Ill be a bit longer before coming round ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure