zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Why no one tell me about the free 650ml Amstel on cs
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    zippydooda wrote: »

But you've still got your sense of humour:o:)

I'm hoping you are ok zippy. I'm around these parts often if you ever need a shoulder to lean on.....
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier

I've got 4 free bottles on each account.

Amstel
    Old Mout
    Desperados
    Birra

Some have been hanging around there for a while....don't think we would use them:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • I love your new pond, is it going to be purely for wildlife, or fish?
    We decided to create a wildlife pond at the top of the garden where the previous owner had his shed. Wanted to use a liner but wasn't prepared for the amount of hardcore we had to dig out, it was back breaking, 4 huge builders bags of hardcore, then to dig through clay, what should have taken a weekend, took a week. In the end we opted for a Mayfly preformed pond Length 208cm (6ft 10in) x Width 133cm (4ft 4½in) x Depth 60cm (1ft 11½in). Capacity: 1000 Litres (220 Gallons)

My parents gave me pond weed and lilies, to get it started. The pond is crystal clear, and is home to plenty of frogs, newts, pond skaters, water boatmen. A couple of weeks ago while topping up the pond water, we noticed a huge grass snake in the pond with it's mouth around a big frog, we couldn't believe our eyes.

As they say, build it and they will come! Our pond is now just over 2 years old and is amazing.

Last year I put in another wildlife pond nearer the house/conservatory using a pond liner and am happy to say that the frogs, newts, water boatmen and skaters are thriving.

I hope you enjoy your new pond and all the wildlife it will bring.

Thank you spasguidedogs :A

It's a wildlife pond with no fish - although my wife is now thinking she would like another pond for fish only :o

I used a liner with the best quality underlay as the soil is clay - with thousands of shards of sharp flint. After digging out the hole, it took me a day to sit in it picking out every piece of sharp stone I could see or feel. In hindsight, a preformed one looks attractive :) It has very similar dimensions to yours being 7-8ft long 5-6 ft at widest and 2ft at deepest.

That's great about pond weed and lillies from your parents :) I've spent a small fortune ( shhh! don't tell my wife) on underwater oxygenating plants and marginals - and it still looks bare! :o

I can imagine the shock you had seeing the snake like that :eek:

We've had some lovely dragonflies visit, and have frogs and a toad in the garden - would love to see some newts next. I've left lots of little nooks and crannies in the rocks eding the pond for them to hide :)
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    A v M

Womble for savvy

Gave me £2.77

9 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Eskimo Ice Cubes (2kg) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection White Burger Rolls (6pk) £0.65 N/A
    1x Foster's Lager (18x440) £12.00 £12.00
    1x Symonds Cider Scrumpy Jack Premium British Cider Cans (10x440) £9.00 N/A
    1x Birds Eye 10 Original Beef Burgers with Onion (567g) £3.00 £3.00
    1x Heinz Chunky Vegetable Big Soup (400g) £1.07 £1.00
    1x ASDA Breaded Boneless Chicken Platter (600g) £4.00 N/A
    1x ASDA 12 Cheese Bites (144g) £1.50 N/A
    1x Highland Spring Sparkling Spring Water Bottle (1.5l) £0.70 £0.87
    1x ASDA Garlic Mushrooms (300g) £2.00 N/A
    1x Hellmann's Chunky Burger Table Sauce (250ml) £1.00 £1.90
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 8 Thick Cut Unsmoked Back Bacon Rashers (345g) £2.15 N/A
    1x ASDA Sharing 18 Savoury Egg Bites (216g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Cabernet Sauvignon Boxed Wine (225 cl) £12.38 N/A
    1x ASDA Strawberry Flavoured Milk (1l) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Doritos Cool Original Tortilla Chips (180g) £1.99 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £23.26
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Possibly only you have it :(

Just checked mine and I have no free beer - I never seem to get free beer :( And I've only got 31 items on the lists

On Sunday I finally got my free small tubs of fage in Waitrose. I picked up the 5% version thinking there might be more taste but they went through the till for £1.39 :mad:

So I went to CS, got a refund for all of them and then rebought the 0% for 50p -89p difference in the price is ridiculous

I actually ended up with 2 sets of receipts as he didn't cross out the £1.39 from my original receipts.
    But I only uploaded the 50p versions and Q have paid me £1.11 :j

Which is actually a good result.

My usual nice till man was working and he was disappointed that I didn't have any coupons and I could not get my receipts down to £2 as usual but I had other bits of shopping - as well as the wrong fage - we had completely run out of cordial and Waitrose had 3 versions for £1.60.
    Actually now I think about it all I really need to get was one cordial and one wrong price fage but I think the sun was affecting my maths brain :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!

:j Thanks Zippy, Just been and bought 10, well stocked up now. :beer: Well I would have if it was actually on my bl@@dy cs!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    That made me laugh out loud:rotfl:

Afternoon mr hobknob:D

You pond looks perfect.....are we having a grand opening with a ribbon cutting ceremony?

I'll do the buffet:D

Good afternoon Missus :A

Thank you - and lovely idea :D

But may have to be delayed a bit as I've just spotted another area of waterline that may need adjusting :o

Hope you are well :beer:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • Driving test question:

You are driving in a car at a constant speed.

On your left side is a 'drop off', (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are travelling on), and on your right side is a fire engine travelling at the same speed as you.

In front of you is a galloping horse, which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it.

Behind you is a galloping zebra. Both the horse and zebra are also travelling at the same speed as you.

What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure