Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for this BH. I’ve just tried the same but got this reply from NUS Extra.:(

Hi

Apologies for the delay in response

Shaw Academy were deregistered so you would not be eligible through this provider

Kind Regards,
    Noosh
    NUS extra Support Advisor

Well done to those that did get it though. :T
    Off now to cancel my Shaw Academy membership before they charge me for next month. And then the hunt for another provider.

SnS

Go on NUS web page and have a look there. As far as I know they have a list of providers they are dealing with now. Good luck xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »

Hope you have seen the turtle dove today?
    Awwww what a beautiful and emotional thing to do for your family:A:A

Hi Bubbs :A :wave:

Sorry for delay in replying, just trying to do a quick catchup :o

Sadly there's been no sign of the turtle dove after the magpie attack :(

Great news on Mr Bubbs' job :T
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    They sent me a voucher for a free coffee and cake when it was my birthday. Yours could be worth much more though if you are buying anyway :).

Anon
    Good morning all, another sunny one but a lot cooler :D

Snap, hoping fourp is better this morning xx

So it is your fault it is so much cooler, seriously, thank you :D:rotfl::rotfl:

I got 2 £5 boxes of chocolate, one was on my card and I thought it would be linked to the mailing voucher I got, I used the voucher with my Sparks card, but the one on the card was still sitting there on the last day so I succumbed to temptation. A couple of nice gifts :D

I barely shop at m&s now all my APs are gone, our store is closing in Aug too.
    If I don’t get something good I’ll have a moan by email.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    im here and fine thanks,
    trying to keep up with the lives of others but getting bogged down with my own at the moment...nothing dramatic just not enough hours in the day, which is probably why im awake at 3am then feeling shattered by mid afternoon..
    hopefully il have time for a proper post in a few days time, feeling tired now as got back not so long ago from babysitting in London
    jts - couldn't see the pic for some reason but im sure youre doing a sterling job, how did the cake turn out? have you been able to watch any of ascot last week?

Hi HILLBERN :A :wave:

I hope you have been finding some time to have a proper rest.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I haven't been keeping up :o

The cake turned out lovely thanks - I made my wife's favourite - it's a light fruit cake with a layer of marzipan through the middle. Loosely based on a recipe for Simnel cake by Mary Berry :)

I can't believe I never got to watch any of Royal Ascot this year :( My wife was away on holiday so I was busy with DD's school run, shopping, cooking and feeding - as well as trying to get pond finished :o
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    It won't work with an android pay you need to buy one through your app using the money you have in your app I presume like I did :D

Good Morning all :D

I checked my gweg app today and the free salad has appeared!

Looks like it doesn’t matter how you pay.

I wonder if you can ‘stack’ salads?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • spasguidedogs
    Options
    2j3p17t.jpg

mmpitl.jpg

Haven't spotted any wildlife in the pond except for when I was part emptying it - I saw the earth move next to me, and on closer inspection, it was a tiny frog :)
    I love your new pond, is it going to be purely for wildlife, or fish?
    We decided to create a wildlife pond at the top of the garden where the previous owner had his shed. Wanted to use a liner but wasn't prepared for the amount of hardcore we had to dig out, it was back breaking, 4 huge builders bags of hardcore, then to dig through clay, what should have taken a weekend, took a week. In the end we opted for a Mayfly preformed pond Length 208cm (6ft 10in) x Width 133cm (4ft 4½in) x Depth 60cm (1ft 11½in). Capacity: 1000 Litres (220 Gallons)

My parents gave me pond weed and lilies, to get it started. The pond is crystal clear, and is home to plenty of frogs, newts, pond skaters, water boatmen. A couple of weeks ago while topping up the pond water, we noticed a huge grass snake in the pond with it's mouth around a big frog, we couldn't believe our eyes.

As they say, build it and they will come! Our pond is now just over 2 years old and is amazing.

Last year I put in another wildlife pond nearer the house/conservatory using a pond liner and am happy to say that the frogs, newts, water boatmen and skaters are thriving.

I hope you enjoy your new pond and all the wildlife it will bring.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Try New Lynx for £1 in A

CA50788_F-7_F79-4_C2_C-8_C66-6_E643486_D82_A.png
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Just done a Green Jinn shop in S

Got OS, Tyrell's, fishcakes, Tilda, muller rice, Jordan's granola and bananas.
    I went through S/S and because the scales weren't working on the till, she said I could have the bananas free.

So then I had to go and buy another bunch to put my receipt through GJ:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Better night sleep last night, a lot cooler. Fans arriving today so kids will stop moaning :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

England Or electric?

That made me laugh out loud:rotfl:

Afternoon mr hobknob:D

You pond looks perfect.....are we having a grand opening with a ribbon cutting ceremony?

I'll do the buffet:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    :eek: Even Dr.O Pizzas???
    Come on woman, find some standards!

I really like the mushroom ones:o

These are down to £2 in S but I used my £1 coupon.

A personal recommendation.......these are delicious.

I need to check if I've won again but mr TM has the Mac commandeered for the Tour:o:o

I told you about our allotment family.....well the little boy asked if Mr TM was my dad?

Oh I did chuckle:rotfl::rotfl:

36_F317_A1-_C3_F3-4336-9041-8_FA2_BD9966_E4.jpgfree screenshot software
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts