IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Updated: Ticket Cancelled by UKPC :)

parkingfinessuck
parkingfinessuck Posts: 21 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Hello all, I've read the appeal guidelines but am unsure if I should submit my photographic + video evidence at the first stage while appealing (using blue template letter and filling form in as 'registered keeper' only) via UKPCappeals.co.uk website or if these should be saved for a potential later stage of the process?

Car was parked next to some paces that had permanent signs (on posts) behind them and then there are 4-5 places with non-fixed signs propped up against a wall. When parked the signs were not there, after returning the signs had appeared / been moved back in to place. I've got pictures of the signs not there and a video of myself picking them all up, illustrating how they can be moved and put back - did this on a visit back to site.

They have a 3mb limit on file upload size. I am able to save lower quality versions of my pictures under this size but not the video. In this case should I mention the situation and that I have a video of it, or not say anything at all?

Thanks all for your assistance.

Update:

I previously made a follow up thread rather than amending the original post when I had received a letter from UKPC.

showthread.php?p=75528564#post75528564

As advised (and suspected) i ignored the letter.

I've just received an 're: Notice to Keeper' (NTK) not sure why the 're' because its definitely the first NTK I've had. This is day 68/69 since the ticket was issued.

There is no POPLA code on the NTK not sure if there should be?

At this stage should I do anything in terms contesting the charge? Or do I ignore this one also?

Thanks!

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    UKPC are fraudsters

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

The whole industry is a scam, relying on threats of court, and the public's ignorance of the Law, A bill is currently before parliament which will regulate the scammers, many of whom are ex-clampers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Second Reading in the Lords this month, and, with a fair wind, will l become Law later this year..

All five readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 7-8 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Evidence is for a later stage. Do not add to or amend the template.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Absolutely do NOT use this evidence yet:
    parked next to some paces that had permanent signs (on posts) behind them and then there are 4-5 places with non-fixed signs propped up against a wall. When I parked the signs were not there, when I returned the signs had appeared / been moved back in to place. I've got pictures of the signs not there and a video of myself picking them all up, illustrating how they can be moved and put back.

Firstly because the video and your account implies who the driver was, and the whole point of appealing on DAY 26 (not sooner no later) is for the keeper to appeal and UKPC to forget to send a NTK at all, which still happens a lot. Don't ruin that tactic by implying who the driver was.

When you get a rejection letter use that video for POPLA as an upload alongside your PDF appeal as keeper, carefully written not to imply who was driving or who the person even is, in that video! That person was 'an occupant of the car'.

It's a funny one because the fact that you picked the signs up after parking there and before leaving the car, could be considered by POPLA to show that you saw/read the terms(!) and were aware of them all along...!

I am also thinking, whatever the outcome of your appeal, that video evidence needs emailing in the end (not now) to Steve Clark at the BPA to complain that UKPC ticketed cars already parked in an area where the signs were not yet up, but were then put up on walls.

That is the real revenge I think, as regardless of what POPLA think, UKPC can't do this.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for your detailed replies.

Will save evidence for later stage, if required.
  • Updated: Bump for visibility.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    parkingfinessuck, please post any update as a reply on this thread.

It is unlikely that regular posters here will go looking for an update anywhere else.
  • Update:

I previously made a follow up thread rather than amending the original post when I had received a letter from UKPC.

showthread.php?p=75528564#post75528564

As advised (and suspected) i ignored the letter.

I've just received an 're: Notice to Keeper' (NTK) not sure why the 're' because its definitely the first NTK I've had. This is day 68/69 since the ticket was issued.

There is no POPLA code on the NTK not sure if there should be?

At this stage should I do anything in terms contesting the charge? Or do I ignore this one also?

Thanks!
  • Bump: Received NTK, what next?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Did you appeal to UKPC on day 26 using the template from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Yes I followed the template from sticky, sent appeal to UKPC on day 26/27.

Since then I received the default 'You can pay reduced fee of £40 still' letter which I ignored, as advised.

Then a couple of days ago the NTK has arrived on day 69 since original incident.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure