Successful Catalogue PPI reclaim over £10k!

Comments

• Hi thanks, just logged the claim. I thought that’s what I did initially but it was only the checker. Good that they confirmed I had PPI - now hopefully the payment will come through on next 8 weeks.

Thanks for the reply
    Marsha
  • i had ppi with very for 14 years from 2000 to 2014 and had a balance of roughly 2000 to 5000 on it for that period but shop direct have came back with an offer of 168 pounds does this seem right?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It's a refund of the premiums you paid - or that they have a record of you paying - plus interest.

If you believe you paid more, send them your evidence.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    shazzer42 wrote: »
    i had ppi with very for 14 years from 2000 to 2014 and had a balance of roughly 2000 to 5000 on it for that period but shop direct have came back with an offer of 168 pounds does this seem right?

Provide your evidence you had that balance for that long and how much PPI you had.

Having a balance of £2000-£5000 for 14 years is bonkers, no wonder they don't believe it
  • Nasqueron wrote: »
    Having a balance of £2000-£5000 for 14 years is bonkers, no wonder they don't believe it

I am not sure they were asking for financial advice as this is the PPI section, or are you suggesting they are not been honest?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It would be extremely extremely [ did I mention extremely] unusual to have a balance owing of 2 to 5k on a catalogue for 14 years.

Credit card, yes, totally believable, catalogue, in the outer realms of space believable.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am not sure they were asking for financial advice as this is the PPI section, or are you suggesting they are not been honest?

I'm suggesting that it's bonkers to have carried a £2000-£5000 balance on a store card for 14 years, these cards typically had 20-30% APR and it's highly unlikely this was the case, assuming they could even get a credit limit high enough. It's far more likely that they had a balance of £2000 at points of that period but not for the whole period.

PPI refunds work on what is provable, not what people claim to have had.
  • I had various catalogues since the 1980's up until around 2009. Empire, Great Universal to name but two. How can I find out easily if they owe me money?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You send them your complaint reasons.
  • And can you explain why you feel this unbelievable as there is not really much difference from a catalogue or credit card as you purchase and pay minimum payments over a period of time. Please explain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure